good bye and god bless the boleyn

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: good bye and god bless the boleyn

Postby hammerman11 on Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:37 am

I cant see the queens or the boleyn pubs lasting too long. a non drinking muslim community wont keep it afloat.

gone but never forgotten the past 40 years
hammerman11

Postby Iron George on Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:43 am

The Old Mile End wrote:Good bye, and God bless the Boleyn.

Feel exactly the same as you OME, couldn't have expressed any better than you have

:thup:
Iron George

Postby Pop Robson on Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:13 am

and they want to take the champions statue, but only if it doesn't cost them
Pop Robson

Postby cockney hammer on Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:43 am

nothing i can add to this dhb and ig have said what i would have said what erks me is as many know my dad's ashes was buried under the south bank goal mouth

as many know i have done a twitter account that is going to keep the memory of the boleyn alive old ground photos old players etc come and have a look if you want to follow me great if you just want to look please feel free i also hope to have a page on my website soon which will have photos as well but will also be showing my badges etc

https://twitter.com/boleynbadges

http://boleynbadges.com

thanks in advance
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Postby Sauce! on Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:48 pm

I was in the area earlier today & couldn't resist one last look...

Are You Ready to be Heartbroken

:cry:

Sauce!

Location: sitting on a bucket on a hamper in the corner of the old wigwam.

Postby woodgreenspur on Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:05 pm

hammerman11 wrote:I cant see the queens or the boleyn pubs lasting too long. a non drinking muslim community wont keep it afloat.

gone but never forgotten the past 40 years

I went to the Upton Park v Royal Engineers game just before they started demolition and had a few in the pubs a round there as i doubt i will ever have reason to use them again.This was a Sunday and the Boleyn was dead,about 3 people in it.The Queens however was busy,and had a decent crowd of locals.
woodgreenspur

Postby Mega Ron on Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:11 pm

Of all the things that needed bulldozing in that area and they chose the one thing that should have remained.
Mega Ron

Previous

Return to General Discussion