good bye and god bless the boleyn

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: good bye and god bless the boleyn

Postby hammerman11 on Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:20 am

we all want to go back but it will never happen.

our best bet is we get taken over by someone rich enough to buy the dust bowl and convert it into a proper football stadium.

RIP BOLEYN GROUND you are sorely missed.
hammerman11

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:31 am

hammerman11 wrote:we all want to go back but it will never happen.

our best bet is we get taken over by someone rich enough to buy the dust bowl and convert it into a proper football stadium.

RIP BOLEYN GROUND you are sorely missed.

This is the best we can hope for . :thup:
The Old Man of Storr

Postby Aycliffe on Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:32 am

Part 2 is now up!

http://readtheleague.com/the-big-feature/upton-park-part-two-1930s-1960s

One more part to go now...[/quote]

Another great read mate but boy it makes me feel sad and extremely annoyed with myself for swallowing the BS put out by the owners of what was once West Ham UNITED!!
Aycliffe

Postby LOS on Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:47 am

CNR,

Share your pain, but let it go mate for your own sanity, its 100% chance of not happening. Some low rises are already up, have been privately sold with residents living in them. Its gone. Its all bloody gone. That patch of sacred land now has a destiny not involving West Ham United.

Now off to read part II :crest:
LOS

Postby LOS on Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:19 am

What a fantastic read, brilliant. So wished my Dad and uncles were still around to discuss this kind of stuff with them.

I was aware of the south west corner of the ground being struck by a bomb, and the need for some extensive repairs - but it never occurred to me that the club had to move away from Upton Park for 14 matches. Where did we play instead ?

That Charlie Paynter; what a legend. The game would be so much better off today if people possessed those kind of loyalty attributes.
LOS

Postby East_London_Hammer on Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:57 pm

I miss the Boleyn so much, i used to look forward to that walk down green street every week and everything that followed, ok we have never been the greatest but we was west ham and it all meant something, something special. now i hate everything about the experience. Season ticket holder for 15 years and i have never cared less. i will renew next season but it may very well be my last season.

In truth i wish i walked away after Man U and left it there, as i walked out i took one last look at the stadium and walked away emotional but happy and also quite optimistic about what the future held, now i realize as i looked back that was the death of west ham united, it was the last time i would experience us as who we are. we are dead, there is no coming back from this, the heart and soul has ripped out, i will never forgive GSB for what they have done to our once great club.
East_London_Hammer

Postby Billy Hunt on Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:25 pm

East_London_Hammer wrote:I miss the Boleyn so much, i used to look forward to that walk down green street every week and everything that followed, ok we have never been the greatest but we was west ham and it all meant something, something special. now i hate everything about the experience. Season ticket holder for 15 years and i have never cared less. i will renew next season but it may very well be my last season.

In truth i wish i walked away after Man U and left it there, as i walked out i took one last look at the stadium and walked away emotional but happy and also quite optimistic about what the future held, now i realize as i looked back that was the death of west ham united, it was the last time i would experience us as who we are. we are dead, there is no coming back from this, the heart and soul has ripped out, i will never forgive GSB for what they have done to our once great club.

Sadly I feel the same, they have all but killed it for me. The place that my Dad first took me when i was 5, that i grew up going to, that i went to with my mates and then with my own son from the age of 4 through to that final game - all gone except the amazing memories.

I still have my season ticket but miss games frequently since the move, fixture changes being the main reason, but i am yet to look forward to any game like i did so many at the Boleyn. I do not like the journey the area, the stadium and the bastards who have put us there. Unforgivable
Billy Hunt

Postby The Old Mile End on Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:27 pm

The Old Man of Storr wrote: This is the best we can hope for . :thup:

From TOME to TOMOS I disagree with that!

I doubt any rich party would buy us and rebuild the stadium. There is no financial gain in that. GSB won't do it and neither would anyone else.

And IMO, we will never be West Ham if bought by some rich billionaire bunch. Football has changed far too much and what a lot of us want, does not exist at that level anymore.

To me, the best we can hope for is to see GSB suffer great financial pain due to under performance on the playing side. Enough for them to pack up and **** off.

At some stage a resurrected club can leave the OS behind and find a new home. Sadly, it can never be at the same place as the last one...but it could be at the one before. The Boleyn Memorial Ground sounds good to me.
The Old Mile End

Postby @TFSH_WHUFC on Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:48 pm

Red outline is exact area of Upton park, could add a station next door as indicated by orange box, would mean buying up some houses etc also but defo could get a stadium in there..........lets go home..............we can dream can't we?

:scarfer:
@TFSH_WHUFC

Previous

Return to General Discussion