Harry Kane (non WHU)

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Harry Kane (non WHU)

Postby Colours never run on Fri May 19, 2017 1:21 pm

MB wrote:
Their performance last night also really puts ours against Liverpool to shame. Massive difference in the commitment levels.

I'd go a step further and say how much it puts our performance against Spurs themselves into perspective too. It shows that when they're focussed and do really want to win, we can compete with the very best. It does highlight one of our current problems this season though and that's consistency. That'll need addressing if we are to improve again.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby bubbles500 on Fri May 19, 2017 1:25 pm

I think Kane will defo be in a gerrard situation if spurs don't win anything in say 3 years and this form continues .he clearly loves Spurs but clearly is driven to win trophies .if spurs start winning silverware he will defo stay imo .he really has a chance to be the GOAT .if fit he will break shearer record.also think considering how many lesser games England play now he will start banging in some hat ricks and could well become England and EPL top score which would be some achievement
bubbles500

Postby Mega Ron on Fri May 19, 2017 1:28 pm

He's going to have his agent in his ear all the time telling him he could triple his salary with a move.

He probably will.
Mega Ron

Postby Claret&Blue,Thru& on Fri May 19, 2017 1:29 pm

bubbles500 wrote:I think Kane will defo be in a gerrard situation if spurs don't win anything in say 3 years and this form continues .he clearly loves Spurs but clearly is driven to win trophies .if spurs start winning silverware he will defo stay imo .he really has a chance to be the GOAT .if fit he will break shearer record.also think considering how many lesser games England play now he will start banging in some hat ricks and could well become England and EPL top score which would be some achievement

Feed the GOAT and he will score?
Claret&Blue,Thru&

Postby Crouchend_Hammer on Fri May 19, 2017 1:58 pm

Mate of mine played golf with him the morning after the last Spurs game at WHL
He is not a Spurs fan, or fan of any club come to that, so no need to be biased and said he was a really top bloke
Always good to see Chingford produce some top drawer football talent, even if they end up at Man U or Spurs. At least Sheringham managed a late spell with us
Crouchend_Hammer

Postby noblecause on Fri May 19, 2017 2:39 pm

A friend of mine has been working on Kane's house move over the last 3 months (in Kent) & he pulled out abruptly a fortnight ago with no explanation. It was his "dream home" and the seller is convinced he's on his way.
noblecause

Postby BromleyHammer on Fri May 19, 2017 2:44 pm

The kid is mustard, end of story really.
BromleyHammer

Postby Patito on Fri May 19, 2017 3:42 pm

noblecause wrote:A friend of mine has been working on Kane's house move over the last 3 months (in Kent) & he pulled out abruptly a fortnight ago with no explanation. It was his "dream home" and the seller is convinced he's on his way.

A fortnight ago? He was probably decided it was comfier staying Winston Reid's pocket!
Patito

Location: "With the greatest respect to women, football is the most beautiful thing in the world."

Postby sutts07 on Fri May 19, 2017 3:47 pm

noblecause wrote:A friend of mine has been working on Kane's house move over the last 3 months (in Kent) & he pulled out abruptly a fortnight ago with no explanation. It was his "dream home" and the seller is convinced he's on his way.

Not questioning your mate at all here, but a move to Kent seems like a strange one regardless.
He is currently just minutes away from the M25 at the top end of Loughton and one junction away from the Spurs training ground.

A move across the Dartford bridge and extended commute would seem bonkers regardless of how much he is on or how many drivers he can afford.
sutts07

Postby richneal on Fri May 19, 2017 4:15 pm

Great player, knows where the back of the net is and has consistently demonstrated excellence during the course of the last three seasons.

Good luck to him.
richneal

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia. 5,000 miles from goal.

Postby thejackhammer on Fri May 19, 2017 4:23 pm

Just to point out I'm not saying Kane isn't a great player, his record speaks for itself. It's just frustrating to watch him do nothing for an entire game then win Spurs the game with two goals and I can't figure it out :D

Clearly his movement is very good, and he has very good supply from his team mates. Can't imagine him tearing trees up for a lesser side but why would he ever play for a lesser side when he's that good. It's a bit like people knocking Messi for only proving himself at one club. Why would he move?
thejackhammer

Postby Westcliffspur on Sat May 20, 2017 10:33 am

I think your mate is having you on. The house he backed out of is in Essex. His girlfriend changed her mind.
Westcliffspur

Postby e10hammer on Sat May 20, 2017 11:00 am

Top quality striker, has that knack of making everything look easy, unlike ours who make everything look hard,
Has scored more goals this season than Andy Carroll has scored for us since he joined in 2012.
e10hammer

Postby Westcliffspur on Sun May 21, 2017 4:55 pm

Another Kane hat trick as Spurs rack up a 1-7 win at Hull. That's 29 for the season. 54 goals in his last 62 Prem outings. He's quite good that fella. Just shows how well West Ham did to keep him out at the London Stadium earlier in the month.
Westcliffspur

Postby nickkarkie on Sun May 21, 2017 4:58 pm

As I've mentioned earlier, he needs to do it against the big clubs and for England. Why he was not played in every game for England in the summer is beyond me, to put him on corners even crazier. Against the very best teams he seems to play with less confidence, it's not ability.
nickkarkie

Postby DDHammer on Sun May 21, 2017 5:00 pm

nickkarkie wrote:As I've mentioned earlier, he needs to do it against the big clubs and for England. Why he was not played in every game for England in the summer is beyond me, to put him on corners even crazier. Against the very best teams he seems to play with less confidence, it's not ability.

Hasn't he got the best record in the league of scoring against the top 6?
DDHammer

Postby jacko on Sun May 21, 2017 5:01 pm

THis remains the muggiest thread in the history of this forum. I feel sullied for having written in it.
jacko

Postby nickkarkie on Sun May 21, 2017 5:02 pm

Not this season. 1 against man u reserve team and against arsenal in both games.
nickkarkie

Postby Ozza on Sun May 21, 2017 5:03 pm

jacko wrote:THis remains the muggiest thread in the history of this forum. I feel sullied for having written in it.

Certainly is
Ozza

Postby Ifebbubbles on Sun May 21, 2017 8:54 pm

jacko wrote:THis remains the muggiest thread in the history of this forum. I feel sullied for having written in it.

I agree. Its both depressing and disgusting.
Ifebbubbles

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion