Harry Kane (non WHU)

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Harry Kane (non WHU)

Postby mumbles87 on Fri May 19, 2017 12:15 pm

Patito wrote:

Very true. 5 in 17 is hardly anything to write home about though.

shearer had 5 in 21

and one thing that hasnt helped kane is for some reason england managers have put him on corner duty?! whats that about!
mumbles87

Postby ageing hammer on Fri May 19, 2017 12:24 pm

Couldn't give a toss who he plays for or the fact he ain't no oil painting.

The lad is a top class striker who puts the ball in the net, good luck and fair play to him :)
ageing hammer

Postby Doc H Ball on Fri May 19, 2017 12:31 pm

ageing hammer wrote:...the fact he ain't no oil painting.

Unless it's one painted by a hyperglycaemic Picasso on a piss up with Pollock.
Doc H Ball

Postby mumbles87 on Fri May 19, 2017 12:32 pm

ageing hammer wrote:Couldn't give a toss who he plays for or the fact he ain't no oil painting.

The lad is a top class striker who puts the ball in the net, good luck and fair play to him :)

and the fact he sounds like he licks windows lol bless him

point him in the right direction and he will score

Lenny in of mice and men comes to mind lol
mumbles87

Postby MB on Fri May 19, 2017 12:32 pm

The stand out thing for me is his attitude. A dead rubber and still puts the effort in and ends up with four goals. I didn't think he would come to much when he first broke through so fair play to the lad.

Their performance last night also really puts ours against Liverpool to shame. Massive difference in the commitment levels.
Last edited by MB on Fri May 19, 2017 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton

Postby Carlton'sGoal on Fri May 19, 2017 12:35 pm

mumbles87 wrote:and id say he will outscore shearer for england

He'd need to score 20 goals a season for the next 10 years, or get a few 30 goal seasons like Shearer.

*edit* that made me look like I don't think he'll do it, I was just doing the maths!
Carlton'sGoal

Postby Patito on Fri May 19, 2017 12:40 pm

mumbles87 wrote:
shearer had 5 in 21

And then ended up with nearly a 1 in 2 record for England. Kane hasn't done anything of note at international level yet. Not saying he can't or won't, just pointing out that so far, he hasn't pulled up any trees for the national team.
Patito

Location: "With the greatest respect to women, football is the most beautiful thing in the world."

Postby DDHammer on Fri May 19, 2017 12:43 pm

He needs 185 goals to reach Shearer, 18.5 goals a season for the next 10 years until he's 33, if he gets another 25 upwards next season I reckon he'll easily do it. Could actually work in Spurs favour because he might fancy aiming for that over moving abroad.
DDHammer

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Fri May 19, 2017 12:44 pm

At the rate he's going, this time next year he could have more goals than Andy Carroll has made appearances for us! :lol:
westham,eggyandchips

Postby mumbles87 on Fri May 19, 2017 12:47 pm

DDHammer wrote:He needs 185 goals to reach Shearer, 18.5 goals a season for the next 10 years until he's 33, if he gets another 25 upwards next season I reckon he'll easily do it. Could actually work in Spurs favour because he might fancy aiming for that over moving abroad.

its scary to think he could end up the leagues top scorer despite missing 8 games through injury

thats a hell of a record

I think he will average 20 goals a season for a while.. hes only 23 and its more than possible for him to do it

Patito wrote:

And then ended up with nearly a 1 in 2 record for England. Kane hasn't done anything of note at international level yet. Not saying he can't or won't, just pointing out that so far, he hasn't pulled up any trees for the national team.

nor did shearer thats the point .. he ended up with a decent record

shearer also didnt take corners which is a waste of kanes talents in the air
mumbles87

Postby Mega Ron on Fri May 19, 2017 12:49 pm

He hasn't taken that many corners.

He should be man enough to tell the boss that not only is it a waste of his aerial ability but that he is rubbish at taking corners.

Although has he been tasked with it since Roy was sacked?
Mega Ron

Postby Modern on Fri May 19, 2017 12:52 pm

England is the biggest danger to Kane for me.

He seems to hit and stay in form for Spurs when he doesn't play for England for a while which his injuries this season have allowed him to do. I'm sure he'll get there for England but I think almost all players who England over rely on and even some they don't have their club form damaged. Rooney, Kane, Hart, even Antonio and Cresswell have struggled post call up.

God knows what it is but I'm convinced it's a thing.
Modern

Postby mumbles87 on Fri May 19, 2017 12:53 pm

Mega Ron wrote:He hasn't taken that many corners.

He should be man enough to tell the boss that not only is it a waste of his aerial ability but that he is rubbish at taking corners.

Although has he been tasked with it since Roy was sacked?

He has only played one game since Roy was sacked
mumbles87

Postby Patito on Fri May 19, 2017 12:58 pm

mumbles87 wrote:nor did shearer thats the point .. he ended up with a decent record

shearer also didnt take corners which is a waste of kanes talents in the air

It's my point too mumbles :D

Someone compared him to Greavesie, I was saying Greavesie did it on the international stage and Kane hasn't at all really.

Kane only took (rubbish) corners for a handful of England games at most, it won't have made any difference to his goal scoring stats.
Patito

Location: "With the greatest respect to women, football is the most beautiful thing in the world."

Postby mumbles87 on Fri May 19, 2017 1:00 pm

Patito wrote:
Kane only took (rubbish) corners for a handful of England games at most, it won't have made any difference to his goal scoring stats.

who knows if say henderson or someone had taken them maybe kane would have been on end

but % wise its unlikely

id like to see Kane stay in the premier league and beat shearers record
mumbles87

Postby claretandblue82 on Fri May 19, 2017 1:01 pm

Patito wrote:

I agree with you. It might be because he keeps his game simple and sensible. He isn't going to run at players like Hazard or Sanchez so doesn't stand out sometimes, but his movement is outstanding and his link up play is too. He rarely wastes possession either.

Sums him up nicely!
claretandblue82

Postby Patito on Fri May 19, 2017 1:02 pm

mumbles87 wrote:who knows if say henderson or someone had taken them maybe kane would have been on end

but % wise its unlikely

id like to see Kane stay in the premier league and beat shearers record

Clutching at straws there mumbles :D

FWIW if he stays at Spurs, or in the Premier League, I think he will end up beating that record.
Patito

Postby Mega Ron on Fri May 19, 2017 1:08 pm

mumbles87 wrote:
He has only played one game since Roy was sacked

I don't watch England games as they bore me to death.

Did he take the corners in that game?
Mega Ron

Postby DDHammer on Fri May 19, 2017 1:13 pm

Although I reckon it's a 50% chance he'll end up at Real Madrid before he even gets half way to Shearer.
DDHammer

Postby Cockneyboy311 on Fri May 19, 2017 1:19 pm

What works in his favour longevity wise is that he's not particulary quick, so i can see him still scoring on a regular basis into his 30's. If Vardy got a nasty injury and lost a yard of pace for example (ala Torres) he'd be nowhere near as effective.

If he continues to bang em in in the next couple of years i could definitely see him being courted by Real Madrid. Whether he'd go and join Welshy over there is another matter though.
Cockneyboy311

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion