Manchester City 2-0 West Ham Utd (19/04/15)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Whufc06
Has liked: 122 likes
Total likes: 367 likes

Re: Manchester City Vs West Ham United match thread

Post by Whufc06 »

Possibly not but we looked a ****ing decent and dangerous team with him and Sakho playing up front together earlier in the season.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

Valencia has little flashes here and there, but he seems to run into blind alleys, into players....he don't look up in possession. That bit of play where he got the better of his man with a turn of pace and then failed to see Downing in acres of space on the right was just awful...it was such an obvious pass, no excuse at this level not to see such a obvious option.

He is frustrating, there is quality there but its not happening for him. He needs to wise up a bit, i feel for him a bit playing out of position but that doesn't mean he can't get the basics right.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 393 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

I'm just very disappointed that I set my alarm clock for 5:15 AM this morning in Las Vegas I wish I had overslept and missed the whole thing
Exiledin cardiff
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Exiledin cardiff »

Just got in from a weekend away. Didn't know the score haven't listened to or seen the news. Turn on Kumb and lo and behold the Sage oif Dudley has done it again.

Got supporters passionate about the club, pity he can't do it with the players.

if it was as bad as people are saying he's got to go now even Stadler and Waldorf must understand he's losing them money, or are they so concerned about a fair play place they don't want to miss out, and the riches they'll accrue from a successful European campaign,

sully spoke about exciting signings in the summer I won't hold my breath,
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

chigwells finest wrote:I'm just very disappointed that I set my alarm clock for 5:15 AM this morning in Las Vegas I wish I had overslept and missed the whole thing
Psschh, you should have still been awake anyway, pussy.
Humbug
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 137 likes

Post by Humbug »

I can only foresee goals coming sparingly from our defenders or Kouyate. Our attackers and rest of midfield have no cutting edge at all.
wizzo_66
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

I thought Valencia was one of our better players in terms of attacking intent.

I don't think he was as wide and 'out of position' as some suggest and equally he's still extremely raw as a player and his decision making in the final third can leave a lot to be desired.

Gets you on your feet though, and works bloody hard. Considering Downing has been in England all his career, he could learn a lot from Valencia in not letting his head drop.

Song and Downing have genuinely been our worst 2 players since January. Some will point to their positions and I agree but that doesn't excuse their lack of desire.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

The City defenders endure a torrid afternoon...

Whufc06
Has liked: 122 likes
Total likes: 367 likes

Post by Whufc06 »

I wonder how often Valencia was in our left back area compared to Aguero in theirs...
smuts
Has liked: 1500 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

wizzo_66 wrote: Song and Downing have genuinely been our worst 2 players since January. Some will point to their positions and I agree but that doesn't excuse their lack of desire.
Downing especially has been a joke....his pass for their second was :thdn:

Their first came from a awful goal kick from Adrian too....a floaty kick up to Cresswell who got beaten in the air, lost the ball completely for Navas to put the cross in.
smuts

Post by smuts »

GaryP wrote: Kouyate was expecting a hard challenge from the side. Not a tickle from a midget. Looks way worse than it was and there is no intent to smash him in the face.
He doesn't swing his arm back, he's a gangly ****er anyway and he just caught him on the downswing. I didn't even think it was a booking.

The City players didn't make much of it either.

If it was Chelski though, they would have all been round the ref waving cards like nobodies business.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2943 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Just got home after a long trip North for not much joy .Everyone's seen the game so no point banging on about it save to comment that for Carlton to look one of our better players 22 months after we released him says a lot , and the lack of application from both sides was disappointing .

Valencia fell on his arse everytime there was a gust of wind .If he's the answer the questions are wrong .

Having said all of that how many difficult saves did Adrian have to make ? I'd be pretty hacked off if I was a City fan .How YaYa gets a game after his agents comments are beyond me .
smuts

Post by smuts »

the pink palermo wrote: Valencia fell on his arse everytime there was a gust of wind .If he's the answer the questions are wrong .
IL Martello will disagree.....but I think we'll out him in the summer to Spain no matter who the manager is.

He hasn't been given a fair crack of the whip up front, but he's powder puff and without the skill or technique to get round defenders, he'll just get knocked off the ball. You need to serve it up on a plate for him.

£12.5 million......rinsed by about £8 million.

I may be wrong and I hope I am. Next season may be a fresh start but I'm just not convinced he's cut out for the PL.
wizzo_66
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

the pink palermo wrote:How YaYa gets a game after his agents comments are beyond me .
And captain as well!
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

"We are lacking the goal threat we had earlier in the season" according to Allardyce. Clearly the way to overcome that is to play one up with no support within 30 yards. After all it worked so well last season. How do people defend this bloke??
Serve it up on a plate? He is the only player in the team who is able to create anything for himself, and the only player who can shoot. Just get him in the box or playing on the last man
ireland hammer

Post by ireland hammer »

That was pure ****ing **** no passion ...no drive... fat sam lying back in his seat and waits till the last 10 mins to get up and moan.. and city were poor too ginge that was just unlucky .... season over since jan in my opinion
ireland hammer

Post by ireland hammer »

bobbymooresbracelet wrote:F*ck knows what they do at the training ground all week :lol:
after today they must be in southend all week on deck chairs
PrinceH

Post by PrinceH »

As I see it, Valencia was actually (maybe together with Kouyate and Cresswell) the player I was most pleased with today. May not say much after a team performance like that, but he fought hard during all game, and -as opposed to the rest, he tried to make things happen all game!
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Smuts...

That's exactly it though. A striker who hasn't been given a fair crack of whip up front.

I've seen people having a go at him for his dribbling ability, his ability to beat a man, his ability to hold the ball up. Why is he even being judged on these? It isn't what he is good at.

I've seen enough of him to be convinced he's a good player, but others won't be while he's not being used right. Why the need to put a square peg in a round hole? Not just once but consistently...it's all good and well judging his price tag. But how can he justify it? A £12m striker shoved on the wing.

The last 10 minutes he was able to get into a position that he clearly preferred and we see a lot more of him, a great bit of play and in general we started to have a few chances.

Sorry, but this is one thing Sam is taking the blame for.
Me ol china

Post by Me ol china »

When Valencia has been played in his proper position he has had a decent season for his 1st one in English football, he was average as a winger then found his position as a centre forward so we buy him & play him mostly on the wing......It's baffling to me