And the new Manager is Slaven Bilic

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: And the new Manager is Slaven Bilic

Postby Cardiff here we come..... on Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:36 pm

the pink palermo wrote:
You're grinding an axe , we all know why , we got the message months ago .

Why? Why, would I 'grind a axe' over two Ex-West Ham players trying their best for the club? You linking it to Allardyce? I'm not too sure I know what your saying.

Ok, if we were say 8th, around Everton & West Brom territory, playing like we were last season you think I would be moaning/worrying? Of course not. Let's say Benitez took over next season & done well. Would I still be grinding a axe, did badly 'grind a axe'....I don't know why you think I have some cloud over me, filled with anger. I just feel the club, at the moment is on the slide. Hopefully Bilic & his backroom staff can sort it.

PP, ask you something? When Roeder got WHU 7th & following season was shipping goals & struggling many fans, a massive majority wanted him gone. I remember we got smashed vs Liverpool at Home & 6-0 defeat vs Man Utd in the FA Cup. Did you want him to stay or go that season? Do you see any similarities between Bilics reign at WH & Roeders?

Secondly PP, if Bilic never ever played for us, would your viewpoint be the same or slightly more questioning what's going on this season?
Cardiff here we come.....

Postby Hamburger on Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:44 pm

Jumby wrote:We're not organised, it's that simple.

I agree with Jumby, just not organised and run out of ideas. That eventually affects the players, they need to believe the manager can steer them in the right direction regardless. That's certainly a big factor in managers 'losing the dressing room', the players lose confidence in them. It's all very well trying to play for him because he's a 'decent bloke', they need to play for him because they absolutely believe he can make things happen for them tactically. That's why mediocre teams can sometimes punch above their weight, they believe in their manager. Doesn't always last but it's great when it does and I think Bilic 'had his day' last year, time for a new manager and new ideas.

We can't just rely on new players to lift the team, that's the mangers job, rain or shine
Hamburger

Postby New Jersey on Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:52 am

Again, I"ll ask the questions. What were your expectations for this season? What about next season? We are 12th, we could end up 8th or 15th. People calling out the manager must have an agenda, maybe like Cardiff who wishes we still had Big Sam in charge. I didn't like Sam, but I understood that we needed him and he served his purpose. He is now at Palace and will no doubt keep them up, more so because Sunderland, Boro and Hull look doomed than Palace playing sexy football. We had Sam, we moved on with Slav. Last season was the best in many years, this season has had it's challenges, whether it be the board's fault, the player's or Slav's. Yet there's been moments and I think they'll be more, where I've been excited by our play and results.

I really don't get why we would change our manager, and I'm not sure who would come in and do any better? Yet the doom and gloom merchants are stirring the pot, to what end? Everyone can and should have an opinion, but let's base our opinions on reasonable expectations. We aren't good enough for 7th, but we are nowhere near relegation.
New Jersey

Postby TheHandOfDog on Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:45 am

Not sure why we keep bringing up league position. With the top 7 clubs being that much ahead of everyone else now(we were close to Everton, but that's gone now).
As long as we don't get relegated(even if we do, the Championship seems a lot more interesting than the PL anyway), the league position really doesn't matter to me at least. 8th-17th is all the same to me. No point debating whether the extra few million prize money would help us that much when we have our current board, because the answer is definitely not.
If we finish in any of those positions and go on a cup run whilst playing some half decent football with each and every player showing some passion and fight, I am a happy fan. Just give me something exciting to watch at a venue that is made for that sport and I'm cooshty.

Just remember football is meant to entertain us. Anything else is a bonus.
TheHandOfDog

Postby hammerman11 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:33 am

football is meant to entertain us. It is a sport and if a fan you should have the full emotions when supporting your team. joy,sadness,pain and expectations.

The leicester match was certainly entertaining and featured the full range of emotions for me.

We are not a top 8 team and will need a few additions in the summer to be so.

Slav is the best we can have and I remain fully supportive. All managers make mistakes look at pep and moaniho !

Slav has had a lot to deal with on top of the normal ebb and flow of the premier league. The stadium move, unrest amongst fans, payet and now injuries to 3 of his best players in one go.

The only thing I question is the training and whether we are fit enough. Maybe we are now as we certainly didnt run out of steam against leicester ! However for many months of this season we were unfit.

I question dicks role and our fitness coaches.

Slav is a good manager who has shown in under 2 seasons that he can get us competing against all teams. At the moment we are in a dip of form which we need to comeout of very soon.

The doom merchants seem to have short memories apart from the early 80`s and the odd top 10 finish we have always been a lower mid table team who regularly got relegated. That has stopped recently and I believe is set to continue.

Keep the faith support the team and the manager. Onto Hull and a much needed victory, I HOPE !
hammerman11

Postby the pink palermo on Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:56 am

Cardiff here we come..... wrote: Why? Why, would I 'grind a axe' over two Ex-West Ham players trying their best for the club? You linking it to Allardyce? I'm not too sure I know what your saying.

Let me spell it out for you then .

You're bitter about us having a change in Management and consequently you've been trolling on this website since, and you do of course know this perfectly well .

Cardiff here we come..... wrote:PP, ask you something? Do you see any similarities between Bilics reign at WH & Roeders?
Yes, I do, but I suspect for entirely different reasons to what I believe you are likely to cite , but you go first .

Tell me why you believe we had issues in Glenns second season - and by the way I'll tell you for nothing that his coaching skills would **** all over Bilic's or indeed almost any Manager we've had in the past 30 years .
Cardiff here we come..... wrote:Secondly PP, if Bilic never ever played for us, would your viewpoint be the same or slightly more questioning what's going on this season?
The fact he played for us bears no relation to my support for him, nor does it add to his credibility in my eyes .It's a non issue .

FWIW, I think Biliic is struggling this season for all sorts of reasons, none of which you seem capable of articulating , lost as you are in your bitter , perverse and personal campaign against him .

The difference between us is I'm happy to support him and see him get supported believing we win as a team and lose as a team, and I mean team in the broadest sense , players, Manager, coaches, Chairman and tea lady .Supporters likewise .
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Postby ironilunga on Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:45 am

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:West Brom (from a league position perspective) are benefiting from having Pulis as a manager, rather than incredible individual performances from their players

He has the ability to get a top performance out of his players game after game. It is the reason why he and the likes of Allardyce and Warnock will always be in demand particularly at clubs who are having problems. It seems to me that top managers need to be feared or respected by their players (preferably both) to have longevity. Once they are unable to command respect they are goners (McClaren)

I think certain players would be happy to use inner turmoil at a club as an excuse not to perform which is why when there is upheaval (as at WHU this season) such players need to be called out by the manager. If the manager himself uses said inner turmoil as an excuse for performance then the club are in real trouble.

I dont think Slaven would make excuses for lack of performance. However, I honestly do not know what the players think of him and whether he still commands respect. I suspect though that this will define his length of stay with us.
ironilunga

Postby sosc67 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:31 am

If the unthinkable happens and we lose the next four games has Slaven done enough to survive?
sosc67

Postby simonpaulthomas on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:19 am

For me, yes. If we carry on shipping goals and losing in the apathetic manner we have, I'll start to have my doubts. But even the last two weeks have entertained me - infuriated in almost equal measure - but I wouldn't swap it for Sam or his ilk.

Give Slav at least another year (I'd say 2 minimum personally).
simonpaulthomas

Postby Captain.Bob on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:46 am

Cardiff here we come..... wrote:
Our players are NOT being coached properly that's why so many are injured, off form & clueless.

This is basically it in a nutshell.

A glance at the league, things seem ok, but in reality we are unfit, sloppy and poorly motivated.

The players aren't buying what Bilic has to sell anymore, they just look bored and lazy.
Captain.Bob

Postby bbhammer on Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:01 pm

Captain.Bob wrote:
This is basically it in a nutshell.

A glance at the league, things seem ok, but in reality we are unfit, sloppy and poorly motivated.

The players aren't buying what Bilic has to sell anymore, they just look bored and lazy.

spot on

Only time we looked good Saturday was when the changes were forced

Nice bloke but mistakes every game in team selection and tactics ,at half time i genuinely thought we would lose every game rest of season,Arthur and Fernandes coming on gave a bit of hope

Got to go
bbhammer

Postby thejackhammer on Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:12 pm

'we're a rubbish terrible team!'

'What about the league table?'

'Okay so maybe the league table is okay but we're awful i'm telling you, Bilic doesnt know what he's doing'

'But we played really well against Leicester'

'Okay, but those substitutions were forced on Bilic.'

The issue here is some people on this site refuse to look at evidence and just power on with their initial opinion.
Bilic is terrible no matter how we play or what the score is. It's just like how Allardyce was awful no matter what happened or what the table said.

Are we really so demanding that in an injury ravished season in a new stadium where we deserved at least a point against the reigning champions we're inventing this scenario that we're unfit cloggers that only looked decent because Leicester let us?
thejackhammer

Postby Coops on Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:23 pm

thejackhammer wrote:'we're a rubbish terrible team!'

'Okay so maybe the league table is okay but we're awful i'm telling you, Bilic doesnt know what he's doing'

The issue here is some people on this site refuse to look at evidence and just power on with their initial opinion.
Bilic is terrible no matter how we play or what the score is. It's just like how Allardyce was awful no matter what happened or what the table said.

Are we really so demanding that in an injury ravished season in a new stadium where we deserved at least a point against the reigning champions we're inventing this scenario that we're unfit cloggers that only looked decent because Leicester let us?

If Leicester hadn't got that flukey early goal, if Scmiechel hadn't had a MOTM performance then the Slav haters would be quiet and the Slav supporters would be louder. This is the world of football fans in the internet age.
Coops

Postby Cardiff here we come..... on Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:30 pm

the pink palermo wrote:
You're bitter about us having a change in Management and consequently you've been trolling on this website since, and you do of course know this perfectly well.

Not true. As I explained a few pages back. This has nothing to do with previous regime or Bilic. This is the fear, as I said, getting burnt for the 3rd time in 12 years.(Roeder & Grant). Say we had a Benitez, Klopp (for argument sake) would I be so concerned? No. As their CV stands out to under scrutiny & show they have won/been successful at the club/s they have managed. What on Bilics CV can we drawn on when 'sections' of our support are getting worried?

the pink palermo wrote:Tell me why you believe we had issues in Glenns second season - and by the way I'll tell you for nothing that his coaching skills would **** all over Bilic's or indeed almost any Manager we've had in the past 30 years.

Better than Redknapp, Pardew & Allardyce? :eh: Ok, I have to ask you this. If he's such a wonderful coach why did he relegate 3 clubs, including West Ham? Then went to Norwich City & did nothing either. (Left them with no wins in last 18 matches) As poster Crouchend_Hammer said there was a massive campaign against Roeder(some of it absolutely disgraceful imo). Why didn't we give him more time? My opinion fans weren't confident in his abilities, his CV was awful. On the point of being a 'Good coach', I'd disagree with you. I think he was terrible. Firmly in the Top 3 worst Managers we have ever had (imo).

the pink palermo wrote:FWIW, I think Biliic is struggling this season for all sorts of reasons, none of which you seem capable of articulating , lost as you are in your bitter , perverse and personal campaign against him .

The difference between us is I'm happy to support him and see him get supported believing we win as a team and lose as a team, and I mean team in the broadest sense , players, Manager, coaches, Chairman and tea lady .Supporters likewise .

I agree he's had factors against him. Injuries, Star player AWOL, Stadium etc...No arguments there. It don't help. Not yourself but some mention the 'position' In the table as an important factor. To me it don't matter if we finish 6th or 17th(I have to say, I wouldn't want WH to go down). But it's important, not you again but others to take off the 'C&B' specs & take a 'neutral' look at our team. Is the team progressing, developing & bonding as a unit? Are our players improving, showing consistency & belief under this Regime?

Take a few teams this season. West Brom, Everton, Stoke & Sp*rs. Any of those 4 sides this season battle, fight for every single ball. Organised & got a tremendous 'will to win'. Where is this coming from? The Board? The Manager? The Players? Now, if we lost the next 10 games 2-3 under Bilic but we showed tremendous heart, fight, organisation & got done with a couple of world class goals/bits of individual magic, hands up take the defeat..but that's not what's happening. We are half heartedly rolling over, starting sloppily, finishing some games knackered & not looking like a coherent unit on the pitch. It's worrying.

I do understand your viewpoint PP. People calling Bilic ' The best Manager we've ever had' to calling Bilic 'Worst Manager' In WH history. Both are wrong. Somewhere in the middle. No doubt I feel the players like him, training is fun etc....but I question him as a coach. I see him as more of a No2.

Postby hadleighhammer on Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:40 pm

Cardiff here we come..... wrote:Promise you PP no agenda.

Your agenda couldn't be more blatant, hence why you only come on here to spout utter drivel tarted up as if you have clue after a loss. Yo're the kind of bloke Noble was talking about.

Give it up. Your Fat Oaf **** mate has gone thankfully.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified

Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes

Postby Cardiff here we come..... on Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:51 pm

hadleighhammer wrote:
Your agenda couldn't be more blatant, hence why you only come on here to spout utter drivel tarted up as if you have clue after a loss. Yo're the kind of bloke Noble was talking about.

Give it up. Your Fat Oaf **** mate has gone thankfully.

Anyone with a differing opinion gets labelled a 'Fat Sam' Fan club member.

No comments or feedback to what I've said above? All nonsense?

Say in 10 years time, we are took over by Sheikh Al Mylook Atmybankba Lance who ploughs in 400m, but the Manager is doing poorly. If I criticize him or question his coaching, is it because my bitterness of the 'Fat Oaf' leaving a decade ago?

Postby Marky on Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:04 pm

thejackhammer wrote:'we're a rubbish terrible team!'

Not sure we played that well on Sat. They were exhausted and there for the taking and I am Blic in.
Just trying to give some balance
Marky

Postby Estuary on Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:30 pm

Not sure we played that well on Sat. They were exhausted and there for the taking and I am Blic in.
Just trying to give some balance

Well their keeper was man of the match and made three world class saves without which we win the game. Our second half was as good as our first was bad.
Estuary

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:50 pm

Estuary wrote:
Well their keeper was man of the match and made three world class saves without which we win the game. Our second half was as good as our first was bad.

Putting on my devil's advocate hat, it could be said their keeper did his job better than our strikers did theirs.
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Postby Harry Hound on Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:57 pm

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:"Estuary"

Putting on my devil's advocate hat, it could be said their keeper did his job better than our strikers did theirs.

It could also be said that their keeper did his job better than our keeper did his! 8-)
Harry Hound

Location: "just a came from nowhere and going straight back there!"

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion