West Ham United sack Slaven Bilic

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: And the new Manager is Slaven Bilic

Postby sosc67 on Wed May 17, 2017 11:10 am

Have your money on the dark horse David Wagner especially if Huddersfield don't come up.
sosc67

Postby somerset-hammer on Wed May 17, 2017 11:28 am

Surprised Marco Silva's name isn't on that list.
somerset-hammer

Postby OnePaulHilton on Wed May 17, 2017 11:43 am

The only two I would want on that list are Steve Mclaren or Bob Bradley.
OnePaulHilton

Postby Hugh Jargon II on Wed May 17, 2017 11:45 am

I love slav but mancini with a 85 million budget would be good for us. He will attract better players and we would improve
Hugh Jargon II

Postby Cardiff here we come..... on Wed May 17, 2017 11:50 am

OnePaulHilton wrote:The only two I would want on that list are Steve Mclaren or Bob Bradley.

:shock: lol
Cardiff here we come.....

Postby somerset-hammer on Wed May 17, 2017 11:50 am

OnePaulHilton wrote:The only two I would want on that list are Steve Mclaren or Bob Bradley.

Roy Hodgson?
somerset-hammer

Postby Lostcoco on Wed May 17, 2017 11:53 am

Mancini
Rafa
Howe
Emery

only ones i'd want to replace Bilic tbh
Lostcoco

Postby Number9 on Wed May 17, 2017 12:02 pm

Or a combination of the two.
Just get Mclaren talking in an American accent. He's good at accents.
Number9

Postby YorksHammer on Wed May 17, 2017 12:03 pm

Bielsa. Said it when we were changing from Allardyce. Tremendously respected coach, a style that would suit us, and takes no nonsense. We could be beloved by everyone under him.

I don't want to see BIlic go, but if he is he's one of very few I could stand to see replace him.
Last edited by YorksHammer on Wed May 17, 2017 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YorksHammer

Postby MB on Wed May 17, 2017 12:05 pm

Mancini is just big Sam in a nicer suit. Would rather watch paint dry!

When you see the options, you really do start to appreciate what we have.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Wed May 17, 2017 12:35 pm

I was listening to one of those Sunday Supplement programmes on Sky recently whereby a lifelong Newcastle supporter / journalist type was telling the story of when Rafa Benitez was appointed manager of the club . Benitez was given some sort of semi carte blanche to reorganise everything that was wrong with Newcastle along with a hefty transfer kitty - I think off the top of my head he brought in 12 new players getting rid of the dead wood .

If our Owners were to allow him the same free reign I would be happy with that - and only that .

Otherwise , stick with the Manager who brought us the best football and results that West Ham supporters had seen in years - we all knew that this season was going to be difficult so let's write it off and look forward to the next one .
The Old Man of Storr

Postby Absolutely Hammered! on Wed May 17, 2017 12:38 pm

I want Bilic here for a fair few years as I have every faith in the man. We saw what he did when he came to a settled West Ham. It was the first time I've ever seen a West Ham side where I thought we could win every game last season.

You couldn't make up the sh%£ he's had to deal with this season and he hasn't moaned, he's just got on with the job.

I reckon we'll achieve a top 8 finish next year at least.
Last edited by Absolutely Hammered! on Wed May 17, 2017 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Absolutely Hammered!

Postby warp on Wed May 17, 2017 12:43 pm

Hugh Jargon II wrote:I love slav but mancini with a 85 million budget would be good for us. He will attract better players and we would improve

no he wouldn't, not so sure, and we wouldn't, respectively.
and with today's prices he wouldn't know what to do with anything less than 250 million.

MB wrote:Mancini is just big Sam in a nicer suit. Would rather watch paint dry!

i'd have fat sam over mancini any day.
warp

Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Postby Ozza on Wed May 17, 2017 1:24 pm

me too warp
Ozza

Postby Fishdo on Wed May 17, 2017 1:43 pm

The only way I can see Slav resigning is if the board push him on his coaching staff.... I don't doubt there will be questions to him about them from the board.... but just how far they are willing to push is yet to be seen..,

I can't see us spending anywhere near 85 mill we will be lucky if it's half that...

Mancini struggled at City even with a bottomless wallet.... he would struggle here even with funds ... because everything with our board is about the deal rather than the player.

If they decide to keep Slav , which I hope they will, then they have to show it with a contract extension if they don't then it just proves to me that the board are short term thinkers ...
Fishdo

Postby Fishdo on Wed May 17, 2017 1:52 pm

I'd also be interested to know if we pay or attract through good contracts the quality we need for our medical and coaching staff?

The board are considered to be tight when it comes to back room investment etc and I wonder if Slav is limited with his budget as to who he can bring in to support him or even if we can attract the quality we need...

I also wonder if those individuals are connected to the board... like Westley is closely connected to Brady and to them generally from Brum days.... just thinking out loud but when I see our record even before Slav with injuries and general back room support we do seem to lack any identifiable quality in consistency...

I wonder how much that effects Slav and the team in general...
Fishdo

Postby Modern on Wed May 17, 2017 2:02 pm

Not related but amusing to see Scott Duxbury's name all over the Watford statement releasing their manager.
Modern

Postby southendmadhammer on Wed May 17, 2017 2:18 pm

Jokanovic is an interesting one. Obviously untried in the prem but did a good job at watford and now Fulham.

Wouldn't advocate getting rid of Slav for him but if the dave's were to press the button....
southendmadhammer

Postby sanchoz on Wed May 17, 2017 2:28 pm

Then the new manager would face the exact same problems from the majority owner and the rest of the current ownership of WHUFC that the previous managers faced.
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Postby chalks on Wed May 17, 2017 2:32 pm

sanchoz wrote:Then the new manager would face the exact same problems from the majority owner and the rest of the current ownership of WHUFC that the previous managers faced.

which is why its laughable that anyone would want to get rid of Slav
chalks
Sliding down his pole

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion