And the new Manager is Slaven Bilic

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: And the new Manager is Slaven Bilic

Postby Happyhammer52 on Wed May 17, 2017 2:42 pm

Inzaghi from Lazio would be my choice, has got them to become a serious force this season. With the right investment, they could well challenge for the league next year.
Happyhammer52

Postby southendmadhammer on Wed May 17, 2017 3:03 pm

sanchoz wrote:Then the new manager would face the exact same problems from the majority owner and the rest of the current ownership of WHUFC that the previous managers faced.

chalks wrote:which is why its laughable that anyone would want to get rid of Slav

Couldn't agree more.
southendmadhammer

Postby Fishdo on Wed May 17, 2017 4:12 pm

^^^^^ bang on mate
Fishdo

Postby gravehammer on Wed May 17, 2017 5:03 pm

If you look at the premier league how many clubs does anyone think that the fans are happy with the manager. IMO only Bournemouth, Burnley Chelsea and Everton are the majority of the fans really happy.
Look at what's gone on at arsenal this season and it's not a one off
Southampton fans want rid of Puell even spurs fans were ranting at Pochittino after we beat them.
Scouse fans are not convinced of Klopp
He plays Miller at left back
Stuck with a second choice keeper for too long
Guardiola not done great with the the money invested
The list goes on
We are not and will not be a top 6 side without major investment which means new owners.
People need to have a reality check
No top manager will take us on with the current board
No players that have a chance of European football will sign for us
Most of the names on this thread and the transfer thread are pointless as they are beyond us at this moment in time
I just hope that Sullivan realises this and doesn't start bidding for players/managers whom we have no chance of getting
Bilic deserves another season after what's gone on this season
It's the recruitment thats key this summer not the manager as he has proved last season that he can manage at this level
A mid table finish is not the end of the world as some people think...... Small steps is the only way to go without the proper investment
gravehammer

Postby Kialos on Wed May 17, 2017 5:38 pm

Based on my observations inside the ground the reality check for the board is that Bilic is popular with the vast majority of fans and if they got rid of him, they are putting themselves very much in the firing line. The fans have put up with the move, put up with the shyte signed during the season and put up with their media guff. if I were them I wouldn't push it.
Kialos

Postby TheHandOfDog on Wed May 17, 2017 5:44 pm

4 MORE ****ing YEARS!!!!
Honestly who even is out there that would do better than Slav for a mid table premier league team?

If we let Slav go, he will take the experience of this awful season, learn from it and just be a stronger manager for another team next year, or the year after.
TheHandOfDog

Postby warp on Wed May 17, 2017 6:27 pm

Kialos wrote:The fans have put up with the move, put up with the shyte signed during the season and put up with their media guff. if I were them I wouldn't push it.

more likely, they'll think they can get away with everything!
warp

Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Postby hammers92 on Wed May 17, 2017 7:11 pm

Kialos wrote:Based on my observations inside the ground the reality check for the board is that Bilic is popular with the vast majority of fans and if they got rid of him, they are putting themselves very much in the firing line. The fans have put up with the move, put up with the shyte signed during the season and put up with their media guff. if I were them I wouldn't push it.

:thup:
hammers92

Postby Boooogers! on Wed May 17, 2017 8:04 pm

gravehammer wrote:If you look at the premier league how many clubs does anyone think that the fans are happy with the manager. IMO only Bournemouth, Burnley Chelsea and Everton are the majority of the fans really happy.
Look at what's gone on at arsenal this season and it's not a one off
Southampton fans want rid of Puell even spurs fans were ranting at Pochittino after we beat them.
Scouse fans are not convinced of Klopp
He plays Miller at left back
Stuck with a second choice keeper for too long
Guardiola not done great with the the money invested
The list goes on
We are not and will not be a top 6 side without major investment which means new owners.
People need to have a reality check
Most of the names on this thread and the transfer thread are pointless as they are beyond us at this moment in time
I just hope that Sullivan realises this and doesn't start bidding for players/managers whom we have no chance of getting
It's the recruitment thats key this summer not the manager as he has proved last season that he can manage at this level
A mid table finish is not the end of the world as some people think...... Small steps is the only way to go without the proper investment

You don't post much, but when you do you talk sense :thup:
Boooogers!

Postby Believer on Wed May 17, 2017 8:17 pm

gravehammer wrote:We are not and will not be a top 6 side without major investment which means new owners.

Spot on !! Will Sullivan agree with any of this ? Like heck he will. It'll be the same old leaked rumours about multi million pound signings then the usual....
Believer

Postby somerset-hammer on Wed May 17, 2017 8:21 pm

One of Sullivan's mouthpieces, Exwesthamemployee is saying that Slav has been to only 1 Under23 game this season.

While we can debate weather that's right or wrong of the gaffer, I see this as the first steps in the Sulli spin machine to turn the support against Slav, it's no coincidence that after last night's play off victory, many fans are now keen to see some of the kids given a chance, demanding the likes of Martinez etc, play this weekend.

By releasing this little snippet some fans will now start to question Billic, why hasn't he watched them more? He doesn't give the kids a chance etc etc..

It might be harmless, but the timing of it is is a bit suspect imo.
somerset-hammer

Postby brooking_1980 on Wed May 17, 2017 10:01 pm

somerset-hammer wrote:One of Sullivan's mouthpieces, Exwesthamemployee

That tickled me, couldn't describe him better myself !
brooking_1980

Postby Believer on Wed May 17, 2017 10:38 pm

somerset-hammer wrote:One of Sullivan's mouthpieces, Exwesthamemployee is saying that Slav has been to only 1 Under23 game this season.

It might be harmless, but the timing of it is is a bit suspect imo.

You know what, it's absolutely tragic that we have a chairman who makes many of us believe this.

I'm not suggesting for definite that it is the case however what annoys me is that if it is true then they should just sack him. The thing stopping him would be financial as usual. He is happy to pony up millions on wages for players and more millions on loan signings but won't pay to get rid of a manager he isn't happy with. He did it with Grant and it wouldn't surprise me if he is playing the same game with Slav. I'm possibly wrong but even if he is kept on and Bilic doesn't use his op to agree to leave with a reduced pay off, I'd be absolutely amazed if he is here for the start of 2018/19 season. I bet that every time he hears "super Slav" he squirms with envy !

What way is that to run a club ? How on earth has this man made himself so incredibly wealthy if this is the way he operates ?

I hope I'm wrong but nothing since he has owned the club has ever been said by him that is in any way positive when it comes to managers. As much as Sam dug him out of a hole, I don't think even he got compliments from the chairman. I'm not saying he should be blowing smoke up his backside every other week but far from that he was undermining him days after overseeing one of the club's most successful premier league seasons. I just don't get him. I don't know why he is so determined to remain in charge. It is clearly an ego thing. Its pitiful really...
Believer

Postby Hamadking on Wed May 17, 2017 11:36 pm

I agree with both sides of the argument, however what sort of example does it set if the manager doesn't go to look at the next generation of west ham talent. Lets be honest, there is some real talent coming through.Maybe its spin, maybe not, if true its a disgrace.
Hamadking

Postby New Jersey on Thu May 18, 2017 12:10 am

If we are considering sacking Slav, should Stoke be doing the same with Mark Hughes? Watford are making a move, are all the clubs 8th-17th thinking they should have done better and cracked the top 7?

Time to be realistic.

One man who I think is lucky to still be employed is Jose "The Special One". Given his resources, shouldn't he be doing better than 6th? I really hope Ajax beats Man Utd.

Let's stick with Slav, through thick and thin, like we did with Greenwood and Lyall, it's the West Ham way.
New Jersey

Postby New Jersey on Thu May 18, 2017 1:49 am

Now Jose is suggesting that he would want his game against Palace played on Saturday not Sunday. Guy is a first class ass.

Seriously, given his squad, the money he has spent and will continue to spend, and he got the mighty Man Utd to 6th, having not won a game in the last five. Boring 0-0 draws, failure to beat the smaller teams at home, including us. Has he done any better than Moyes and the Dutch bloke?

Come on Ajax.
New Jersey

Postby somerset-hammer on Thu May 18, 2017 9:18 am

Believer wrote:
You know what, it's absolutely tragic that we have a chairman who makes many of us believe this.

Do you know what Believer, I thought that as I was typing it, I felt like a conspiracy theorist.

The sad truth is though, this is exactly the way he operates, the timing of it can not be a coincidence, and it's so blatant, that we can all see it, so you would imagine that an intelligent man like Slav see's it as well,

Which begs the question why put up with it?

Some fans blame Slav for this season, and want him gone, but in truth with everything that's gone on, that we know of (I'm sure there's plenty that we don't know) all of the challenges Slav has had to face, all the digs and cheap shots aimed at him from the boardroom, and still the guy has handled himself immaculately, a proper gent, he doesn't make excuses, he just gets his head down and does the best that he can for us the fans, and his players, all with one hand tied behind his back.

Slav might not be the best manger around, but we are damn lucky to have him, if these clowns who run our football club had even a fraction of the class Slav has in little toe, we would be a much better football club for it.

Bilic deserves better, and maybe luckily for him, he won't have to suffer these fools for much longer.
somerset-hammer

Postby hadleighhammer on Thu May 18, 2017 10:08 am

Hamadking wrote: Lets be honest, there is some real talent coming through.

Which of our youth players (either academy, ones other clubs let go as they weren't good enough and we took a punt on, or our cheap foreign punts) are tearing it up in the Championship or above?

That is the level "real talent" not just club spin b*llocks would be performing at. A load of old b*llocks coming out of the club or winning the 2nd division of the U23s defeating other 2nd division U23 sides does not make "real talent coming through" true.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified

Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes

Postby Marky on Fri May 19, 2017 9:42 am

When Bilic speaks to the Press in 30 minutes or so he will confirm I believe why I think he should go and why I have changed my mind on him from positive to negative. He will asked about the abysmal performance last Sunday v Liverpool and within 2 sentences he will bring up the Tottenham performance. Fundamentally, he is satisfied with 1 great performance and one appalling one. I honestly don't think his professional standards are as high as I would like them.

As a man he is brilliant with great integrity and I know he has a lot of unconditional fans on here but I want a Manager who has an unshakeable desire to be the best he can which means challenging his coaching/fitness staff about our fitness and injury levels. A man who pushes the board for investment. A man who looks at his own substitions over the season and looks at whether they have added value.

I think performance wise (and I have seen every game live or as live) this has been as bad as anything other than Avram. Unless he can change he must go.
Marky

Postby szola on Fri May 19, 2017 9:58 am

I think you are being a tad unreasonable if you are making a call on the manager based on his presser. What manager gives out his views, unfiltered, during a chat with the media?

Do you know something we don't regarding what Bilic wants to do with the backroom staff? What he can do? How many of our managers have ever pushed the board for investment?

Think we can all agree on that our performance has been up and down throughout the season. If Bilic has responsibility for the negative, shouldn't he also have kudos for the positive?

As far as I can tell, we are sat around the level our wage/investment/injuries would predict us.
szola

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion