West Ham United sack Slaven Bilic

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: And the new Manager is Slaven Bilic

Postby OFT on Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:48 pm

brothernero wrote:Don't know where else to put this, but I had the radio on earlier and they said Sam Allardyce is all set to take part in the next series of I'm A Celebrity.

Right Sam, your task is to drain this tank full of snakes...you'll get one meal for every bung you get out :o
OFT

Postby Sulla on Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:58 am

The Gibbins wrote:Interesting, i wonder if Bilic would want to go back.
I'm sure i remember an article saying he was one of the worst paid managers when he was in charge before which was why he looked to break into club football.

I don't think Bilic is primarily motivated by money, as he's shown time and again. I guess the attraction may lie in going to a WC with a generation that he first introduced to the national team. And it becomes even more compelling if West Ham have already decided that he's gone once the current contract expires.

In any event, today's reports are now suggesting that the interim manager will get the nod to see out the campaign.
Sulla

Postby szola on Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:42 am

Very few players and manager who don't go when the National side comes calling.
Bilic is not one of those few.
szola

Postby fmgod on Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:06 am

Not sure national teams can pay the big bucks anymore, this data is from 2016 " Croatia's Ante Caric is on a basic wage of just £192,000"
fmgod

Postby Fishdo on Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:32 pm

I read Hugh has been mouth piecing for our board again... this time about Wilshere not being wanted at our club... which is fair enough for any player but I found his club sources comments strange, to me anyway..

“Slaven Bilic believes he now has the squad he requires to mount a serious top eight challenge and had he wanted Wilshere or a player like him he would have made a serious move in the summer.”

That sounds like it’s come from Dave directly rather than Slav...

The manoeuvring by the board seems odd... given their direction so far with Slav... in the short term I think they are changing tact on them giving Slav till end of season.... I think they may be more ready to move against Slav if the opportunity arises for them as the season progresses... I would not be surprised if they have an informal agreement with a replacement and are taking some direction from him in preparation for his appointment....
Fishdo

Postby Patito on Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:46 pm

fmgod wrote:Not sure national teams can pay the big bucks anymore, this data is from 2016 " Croatia's Ante Caric is on a basic wage of just £192,000"

Can we have a whip round for Ante please? Fella needs to pay his bills.
Patito

Location: "With the greatest respect to women, football is the most beautiful thing in the world."

Postby The Gibbins on Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:03 pm

Patito wrote:

Can we have a whip round for Ante please? Fella needs to pay his bills.

:lol:

But you know what he means when say for example managers in the Championship are blowing that wage out of the water. Club football is the place to be, its more exciting and where the money is.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat

Postby Beavis Danzig on Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:05 pm

Fishdo wrote: “Slaven Bilic believes he now has the squad he requires to mount a serious top eight challenge and had he wanted Wilshere or a player like him he would have made a serious move in the summer.”

andre gomes is exactly that player. slav explicitly stated that he thought he was getting him along with carvalho in the notorious presser.

"he should have made a serious move" what, out of his own pocket?

just because that wasn't all over the papers, doesn't mean it was any less of a shafting.

stunning how little time it took for what the whole dildo saga to disappear into the rear view mirror. should've been a massive wake up call and generated a siege mentality, but many are too busy giving abuse to the bloke who suffered most from it for making substitutions that win games.
Beavis Danzig

Postby BrownFatwa on Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:09 pm

fmgod wrote:Not sure national teams can pay the big bucks anymore, this data is from 2016 " Croatia's Ante Caric is on a basic wage of just £192,000"

plus $250k bonus for WC qualification, plus $25k per win at WC and $250k for going past group stage etc etc.
lots of national managers of teams ranked 15-35 are on heavy bonus related packages around tournaments. Strachan and Coleman I believe fall into this category.
BrownFatwa

Postby somerset-hammer on Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:11 pm

Beavis Danzig wrote:
stunning how little time it took for what the whole dildo saga to disappear into the rear view mirror. should've been a massive wake up call and generated a siege mentality, but many are too busy giving abuse to the bloke who suffered most from it for making substitutions that win games.

Spot on Beavis.

Genuinely amazed at how quickly that whole situation seems to have been forgotten, the Dildo brothers must be patting each other on the back.
somerset-hammer

Postby Patito on Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:24 pm

The Gibbins wrote:
:lol:

But you know what he means when say for example managers in the Championship are blowing that wage out of the water. Club football is the place to be, its more exciting and where the money is.

Absolutely, I was being a Knob. Image
Patito

Location: "With the greatest respect to women, football is the most beautiful thing in the world."

Postby Fishdo on Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:32 pm

Beavis Danzig wrote:
andre gomes is exactly that player. slav explicitly stated that he thought he was getting him along with carvalho in the notorious presser.

"he should have made a serious move" what, out of his own pocket?

just because that wasn't all over the papers, doesn't mean it was any less of a shafting.

Totally agree mate..... it’s a fickle era when it comes to football and the Dildo brothers know that and use it ... all they have to do after a cock up or poor decision etc is wait .... they know that the support on the whole will move on and look to the next issue of the moment....

It’s all just a recycled mish mash of what’s gone before and nothing ever changes with this lot... simply same sh-it , different day!!

They allow that time to push or manoeuvre the negative back onto others and that is usually Slav .... no matter what these twats do they know time will soon allow them to start again doing nothing different to before...

It’s a shame that the vitriol given to Slav is not put on these owners.... as no matter Slavs faults they are truly the only ones to blame.... yet they get away with it every time...

The thought of these guys replacing Slav because it suits them fills me with dread.... they will never appoint a manager that suits our club only one that suits them...
Fishdo

Postby Beavis Danzig on Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:41 pm

because the dildos know that if the team is doing well they can bask in the glories, when the team is doing badly it's the first point of contact who will get it in the neck from the support while they sit back and stoke the fires via their media stooges.

they will enjoy every moment the bloke is suffering and sections of our support are doing their work for them.
Beavis Danzig

Postby e-20 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:01 pm

Fishdo wrote:I read Hugh has been mouth piecing for our board again... this time about Wilshere not being wanted at our club... which is fair enough for any player but I found his club sources comments strange, to me anyway..

“Slaven Bilic believes he now has the squad he requires to mount a serious top eight challenge and had he wanted Wilshere or a player like him he would have made a serious move in the summer.”

The manoeuvring by the board seems odd... given their direction so far with Slav... in the short term I think they are changing tact on them giving Slav till end of season.... I think they may be more ready to move against Slav if the opportunity arises for them as the season progresses... I would not be surprised if they have an informal agreement with a replacement and are taking some direction from him in preparation for his appointment....

So they have put words in his mouth (and no doubt dared him to object) which is pretty much a Tiger trap for failure when they didn't provide the players he did want to get that success. Yep blatant dildo BS. Worse still its no even believable BS to anyone with half a brain, there wasn't a chance in hell, if Slav wanted Wilshere that they would have countenanced 15-20m for him knowing he would be much cheaper by Christmas and free in a year. In fact most would have agreed with them on that so what sort of idiots do they and Quisling Hugh take us for. Obvious, despite the anger last Summer, the same or even bigger idiots than they did beforehand. Doesn't bode well. This is a clear smokescreen writing out of history the player(s) we wanted with a player who was only at most a peripheral interest in the first place.
e-20

Postby szola on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:07 pm

They pay enough to be able to live decently.

What they offer is a chance to take part in the World Cup and/or Euro-s.
For most, its enough
szola

Postby billtho on Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:42 pm

After Bilic had his little dig at Reece Oxford today l would like to say that Reece is a better footballer than Bilic is a manager.The youth at this club don't stand a chance while he's here.Who knows whether Oxford will go on to bigger and better things than West Ham but Bilic will never get any bigger than this club
billtho

Postby sanchoz on Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:45 pm

Beavis Danzig wrote:

somerset-hammer wrote:
Spot on Beavis.

Genuinely amazed at how quickly that whole situation seems to have been forgotten, the Dildo brothers must be patting each other on the back.
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:34 pm

What did he say about Oxford?
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Postby Puff Daddy on Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:14 pm

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:What did he say about Oxford?

That he's no Kylian Mbappe. Which is a very strange thing to say
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Postby billtho on Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:50 pm

Oxford has been nominated for some young player award Bilic said he shouldn't get above himself as he's no Mbappe.Good bit of man management putting the kid down
billtho

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion