West Ham United sack Slaven Bilic

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: And the new Manager is Slaven Bilic

Postby rossmundo on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:34 pm

kenthammer1984 wrote:is slav a goner then?! :(

And hopefully Angry Slav gives Sullivan a pasting on the way out, two birds one stone and all that
rossmundo

Postby bristolhammerfc on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:35 pm

thejackhammer wrote:Allegedly offered Inzaghi a contract already according to an Italian Journo

Lets see if the Daves deny this with as much vigor as they did the 'selling up' rumours. I bet they don't, its their MO.
bristolhammerfc

Postby DDHammer on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:39 pm

Maybe it's all a ploy to get his brother here.

Striker? Check.
Over 30? Check.
Big Name? Check.
Free Transfer? Check.
DDHammer

Postby Barnet Steve on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:41 pm

I just cannot bring myself to believe the Daves could get someone like Inzaghi. There's no way he would put up with their interference and nonsense. Ditto the likes of Mancini or Benitez.

Sully has to be the big man on campus, so if Slav goes I envisage an appointment he feels he can dictate to on team matters. Which is pretty depressing!
Barnet Steve

Postby Beavis Danzig on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:55 pm

whoever made up that rumour should've known better than to put a 5 year contract.
Beavis Danzig

Postby Paddy O'Hammer on Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:17 pm

steps wrote:Think the Inzaghi story originated from 90min.com therefore it will be utter cobblers.

They must have a rumor generating app.
Paddy O'Hammer

Postby Burnley Hammer on Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:26 pm

rossmundo wrote:Sean Dyche for me. Good young manger.. The sensible option

He always has his players giving 100% and his players are all very positionally organised. He's capable of getting results from work rate alone.

However, many of his transfers in are a little uninspiring and can't ever see him sacrificing a work-horse for a creative flair player. I wouldn't expect to ever see exciting free flowing football. It's true that he has his teams over perform at home - but at the same time, he doesn't seem to have a clue how to win away from home. They don't raise their game when playing big teams, rather they drag the opposition down to their level.

He'd be a great defensive coach though. They don't get pasted very often, even when they play poorly.
Burnley Hammer

Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Postby TheHandOfDog on Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:55 pm

Howe, Wagner, Jokanovic, will do for me. Although I would still give Slav 1 more season.
TheHandOfDog

Postby Iron-worx on Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:05 pm

kenthammer1984 wrote:is slav a goner then?! :(

I think he's been a goner for some time now...

It's just that he's not actually gone yet.
Iron-worx

Postby hammer1975 on Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:37 pm

Inzaghi makes no sense - more risky than Bilic

I have little doubt that they'd twist on Bilic - but it'll be for a 'name' like Mancini or Benitez, or someone with English PL experience like Jokanovic at a real push

IMO
hammer1975

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:02 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:

Glad I'm not the only one who spots our lazy passes........

You can add me to the list. It's not just the careless placement, it's the pace they're played at too. Simple five yarders are hit like a Ray Stewart penalty while thirty yard passes are rolled with the pace of a lawn bowler, the opposition queuing up to cut it off.

It really beggars belief that professional footballers, playing in in the top tier of one of the world's top leagues, get something so basic so wrong so often.
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Postby Boooogers! on Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:13 pm

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:.
It really beggars belief that professional footballers, playing in in the top tier of one of the world's top leagues, get something so basic so wrong so often.

That's the manager's responsibility. If he can't get players doing the simple things right then that really is concerning... or is that Brady/Sullivan/Gold's fault as well?
Boooogers!

Postby Puff Daddy on Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:37 pm

Boooogers! wrote:
That's the manager's responsibility. If he can't get players doing the simple things right then that really is concerning... or is that Brady/Sullivan/Gold's fault as well?

I don't know if it is ? He is chief coach, but whether he supervises the training sessions, I'm not so sure, he might, but I suspect he leaves this responsibility to Edin Terzic, Team Coach and ice skating supremo extraordinaire. They may even get this right in training, but what none of us know for sure, is whether they practice this at all and that might explain it
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Postby e17 on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:21 pm

rossmundo wrote:Sean Dyche for me. Good young manger.. The sensible option

The sensible option for whom?

Have you seen his teams away record this season?
e17

Postby e17 on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:22 pm

TheHandOfDog wrote:Howe, Wagner, Jokanovic, will do for me. Although I would still give Slav 1 more season.

I don't think any of that lot would do better than Bilic to be honest

& I think all of them are decent
e17

Postby Sarfend Hammer on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:46 pm

I also think that if we don't get 5 points from our last 5 games he is likely to be sacked. This would represent relegation form that the board would not want to take into next season.

While I think GSB have a lot to answer for, as mentioned above, the inability to get the team to play cohesively has got to be down to coaching.
Sarfend Hammer

Postby Boooogers! on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:59 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
I don't know if it is ? He is chief coach, but whether he supervises the training sessions, I'm not so sure, he might, but I suspect he leaves this responsibility to Edin Terzic, Team Coach and ice skating supremo extraordinaire. They may even get this right in training, but what none of us know for sure, is whether they practice this at all and that might explain it

But who does the Chief Coach report to Puff? If it is one of the coaches responsibility then Bilic needs to call him out. The buck has to stop somewhere. If Bilic doesn't sort it out or has lost interest then the it'll be up to the board to sort it out. Either way, it really doesn't look good for Slaven and I hope he finds a way to turn it around between now and the end of the season.
Boooogers!

Postby Fishdo on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:30 pm

I see Sully has come out to laugh at reports on offering Inzaghi the managers job...

Apparently the 5 year deal was for him to come in as our new striker...
Fishdo

Postby Puff Daddy on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:32 pm

Boooogers! wrote:
But who does the Chief Coach report to Puff? If it is one of the coaches responsibility then Bilic needs to call him out. The buck has to stop somewhere. If Bilic doesn't sort it out or has lost interest then the it'll be up to the board to sort it out. Either way, it really doesn't look good for Slaven and I hope he finds a way to turn it around between now and the end of the season.

I don't think it does either. I think he will be out at the end of the season and I wouldn't be surprised if he has already been told his contract will not be renewed.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Postby Fishdo on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:43 pm

I can't see the board telling Slav he's out .... I don't think even they are that straight .... they will say what ever they need to to keep it going till end of the season... I don't think they did it with BFS either....

If it is out there within the club it's more likely rumour just like it is here... which of course don't help...

As an aside I thought Slav had a 3 year deal with only a clause to sack him without compo if we are relegated...?

Is that not correct?
Fishdo

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion