✍️ Welcome Angelo Ogbonna

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Re: Angelo Ogbonna

Post by YorksHammer »

With Ogbonna, I do like him but I think he possibly doesn't get the time on the ball he'd like some times. He seems to be caught on the hop sometimes when he is actually on the ball. He's normally really good at distribution, but the last two games it looks like his mind isn't quite up to the speed of the game around him,

One of the things I really like about him is it seems he rarely loses out in a challenge - he doesn't throw himself down that much in an attempt to get the ball, but wait for his opportunity and, more often than not, actually wins the ball. It works for him and against him - he normally wins the ball, but often is found still waiting for the opportunity to make a tackle when the ball goes past him and that lets a player in.

I still think he's the best centreback (well, joint with Reid) at the club. I think he's just getting found out a little bit at the moment, possibly because of his injury lay off, possibly because he's getting pressurised from a midfield that can barely tackle. I think Slav was right to drop him for Fonte at the weekend because he, for whatever reason, is not quite up to pace yet, and it's a shame that Reid got injured and pulled him back into the firing line.
Mumble McMumbeface

Post by Mumble McMumbeface »

What's all this about him liking a BIlicOut tweet?

It's a fake account surely?
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Not sure but can bet he is pissed off sitting watching that donkey Fonte getting picked ahead of him.
Peaches
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 793 likes

Post by Peaches »

Fonte struggled last year and the first 3 of this season but since then he is playing better than Ogbonna ever did. He was not at fault for any of the goals last night,,,, that award goes to Obiang. However any player who undermines the manager needs to go. Sell him and Ayew in January and use th3 money to bring in Mawsn or Hoedt.
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Fonte has been hoofball donkey since he arrived and that hasn't changed.

He is not comfortable on the ball and clears it like a Sunday player every chance he gets.

Ogbonna was good enough for Conte whilst playing well and was being linked with big money moves to Chelsea.

Another that has suffered from bad form but Reid hasn't been any better in terms of consistency either.

Collins has been much better than Fonte too and Kouyate had games at the back better than any he has given in a West Ham shirt as well.
Fishdo
Has liked: 105 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Fishdo »

Apparently it was from his account

He has now deleted it or whatever and is blaming his baby for playing on his phone...

We should sign the baby up..., ;)
Hemel Iron

Post by Hemel Iron »

Pathetic.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

So we've all read pages and pages about how Antonio ****ed up at the end and in my opinion deserved some of the blame as to why we didn't hang on for the win, but how comes so many turn a blind eye when this div makes glaring mistakes?

Everybody knows what I think of him (not all bad as I think he's one of the best Headers at the Club) but does no one else share what an absolute liability this player is for us at the back? We concede a bucket load near enough everytime he plays and the Team managed to keep clean sheets in the League when he wasn't playing. The needless fouls yesterday took the ****ing piss and I can't understand why he doesn't get dug out more.
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Things you never hear anyone ever say include "Ogbonna had a fantastic game today".

Quite how he's managed to be picked 13 times for Italy is beyond me.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Westbourne Bill wrote:Things you never hear anyone ever say include "Ogbonna had a a fantastic game today".

Quite how he's managed to be picked 13 times for Italy is beyond me.
If he was English he would have more than 13 caps...

He isn't that bad, and that's why someone has had to ask a question about why less posters are digging another player out. I can see what Sicknote is saying about the toxic atmosphere on here. When a poster is complaining that a player isn't being 'dug out' enough, there really is something wrong.

He ****ed up and gave away a penalty fair enough, but he had a good first half. He also scored the winner at Tottenham. He's had a better week than plenty of other players in our team.
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1153 likes
Total likes: 899 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote:
If he was English he would have more than 13 caps...

He isn't that bad, and that's why someone has had to ask a question about why less posters are digging another player out. I can see what Sicknote is saying about the toxic atmosphere on here. When a poster is complaining that a player isn't being 'dug out' enough, there really is something wrong.

He ****ed up and gave away a penalty fair enough, but he had a good first half. He also scored the winner at Tottenham. He's had a better week than plenty of other players in our team.
Especially when the same poster gets her panties in a wad when her beloved Noble gets slated for another poor game :lol:
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Stick to the point...
bowltorious
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by bowltorious »

Ogbonna is a decent centre half, gets slated on here very unjustifiably imo. Our whole team doesn't defend well enough which is the problem. The amount of times Palace waltz through the middle yesterday was disturbing.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Stick Ogbonna in the Southampton or Leicester team, or even Newcastle, and he woukd look perfectly adequate
Vienna
Has liked: 157 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by Vienna »

bowltorious wrote:Ogbonna is a decent centre half, gets slated on here very unjustifiably imo. Our whole team doesn't defend well enough which is the problem. The amount of times Palace waltz through the middle yesterday was disturbing.
He is a very good ch, fantastic yesterday overall.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:Stick Ogbonna in the Southampton or Leicester team, or even Newcastle, and he woukd look perfectly adequate
He looks perfectly adequate in ours. Possibly our most solid and dependable footballer.

It’s more noticeable when he messes up because of that. 48 hours prior he was his usual self against Spurs.
Bernie_Lama
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Bernie_Lama »

He is so clumsy he shouldn't be anywhere near the first eleven. Go back since we had him and look at the amount of clearances and fouls leading to goals from this guy. Also why he has he not been a regular? He's terrible a liability and we need shot of him.
steveherts66

Post by steveherts66 »

He is the epitomy of West Ham. Makes some awful mistakes when he really shouldn't but steps up with wonderful headers in 2 cup games. Love him like I love being a West Ham supporter.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5556 likes
Total likes: 3054 likes

Post by MB »

Yes he makes a few mistakes, but any centre halves left as exposed as ours would.
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 523 likes
Total likes: 419 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

Having played as a CB myself, I feel for our CB's as they are left exposed so much by our very average midfield. I honestly feel sorry for them sometimes, this is probably why we look better with 3 CB's as they can cover each.