✍️ Welcome Angelo Ogbonna

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Re: Angelo Ogbonna

Post by thejackhammer »

jaybs wrote:Such respect for Ogbonna & we have a few others whose hearts are in Our Club, wish him a good recovery,
Players like him, Carroll and Lanzini who play with such passion despite having no links to the club before, that's what it's all about :)
Jedi Al Khalaas
Shut that door ...
Has liked: 131 likes
Total likes: 114 likes

Post by Jedi Al Khalaas »

Not a peep from Ogbonna whilst he played with this injury situation .

Thank You Angelo , get well soon and we we will welcome you back in August
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

It is nice to know that there was a reason he was below par.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

Watch Oggy for the Boro goal, what is he doing? It's that kind of dozy **** that has cost us, if Carroll had been fit and we'd been just half more switched on at the back we'd be at least 8th now.
Korea Hammer
Has liked: 1335 likes
Total likes: 797 likes

Post by Korea Hammer »

Like everyone else, I admire him for playing with an injury, but I still think he's a bit casual and lacks the concentration needed to be a top defender. Definitely an area we can improve in.
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Mega Ron wrote:It is nice to know that there was a reason he was below par.
Still no good to us though is it, it's the Premier League not a lunch time kick about. He shouldn't have been playing if he wasn't fit enough to be, it's undoubtedly cost us.
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

Jumby wrote:
Still no good to us though is it, it's the Premier League not a lunch time kick about. He shouldn't have been playing if he wasn't fit enough to be, it's undoubtedly cost us.
What other option did we have exactly?
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6759 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Korea Hammer wrote:Like everyone else, I admire him for playing with an injury, but I still think he's a bit casual and lacks the concentration needed to be a top defender. Definitely an area we can improve in.

Exactly that. I admire him for his commitment to carry on playing, but let's not get carried away thinking he's much better than he's been this season. He's played no differently to how he did last season by making the same types of mistakes. And as previously stated, if it were that bad, then why wasn't Collins (Kouyate before him) used when he was available (especially after last weeks game against Palace as an example? I can't imagine the Medical and playing Staff would put him under considerable risk of long term damage if it was that bad to continue playing on with.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Oxford, Collins, Burke and Ogbonna have all been injured this season.

As well as Carroll, Ayew and Sakho.

And Byram, Cresswell and Masuaku.

Add in Payet throwing a strop.

Bilic and the team have been fantastic this season in the circumstances. Top 8 over 15 games, the reason this season seems terrible is the big defeats. Conceding 4 or 5 to Man City, Arsenal, Watford and West Brom is what has made this season seem so bad.

Hopefully Fonte steps in well, and Ogbonna can come back fighting fit next year.
Jedi Al Khalaas
Shut that door ...
Has liked: 131 likes
Total likes: 114 likes

Post by Jedi Al Khalaas »

You cant be that crap if you play in defence for the Italian national team .

I hope Ogbonna regains his form and fitness for the start of the season
Yea Why Not

Post by Yea Why Not »

Jedi Al Khalaas wrote:You cant be that crap if you play in defence for the Italian national team .

I hope Ogbonna regains his form and fitness for the start of the season
A lot on here including myself thought he was probably our best defender last season. Would be great to have 3 top center halfs for next season with Oxford and Burke hopefully on the fringes also
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

Thank you Angelo.

Hope you are fit and well and prove your doubters wrong next season.
happydaystoytown
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 101 likes

Post by happydaystoytown »

Yea Why Not wrote:
What other option did we have exactly?
Going into the season with just three recognised CBs was never a good idea and now we're back to square one.
Upton Carp
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Upton Carp »

Top man, Angelo. Playing all season with an injury that requires an operation shows your loyalty, commitment and passion for our great club. Many thanks...Happy Recovery...See you next season..

:crest:
Alan Pardew's Dad
Has liked: 861 likes
Total likes: 673 likes

Post by Alan Pardew's Dad »

And now the Fonte signing makes sense...
wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

jaybs wrote:Such respect for Ogbonna & we have a few others whose hearts are in Our Club, wish him a good recovery,
Defo the big AC definitely another.

:)
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Yea Why Not wrote: What other option did we have exactly?
Collins, Oxford and Burke are all central defenders contracted to us, and of course we had Tomkins. Poor management (sorry Slav) by the first team manager and the club owners meant that we very quickly reached a stage wherewe had to play an injured player at centre half in a struggling side, I don't care about age, the second Oxford was fit I'd have thrown him in there next to Reid if there was no other option other than an injured player or Nordtveit.
Yea Why Not

Post by Yea Why Not »

Jumby wrote:
Collins, Oxford and Burke are all central defenders contracted to us, and of course we had Tomkins. Poor management (sorry Slav) by the first team manager and the club owners meant that we very quickly reached a stage wherewe had to play an injured player at centre half in a struggling side, I don't care about age, the second Oxford was fit I'd have thrown him in there next to Reid if there was no other option other than an injured player or Nordtveit.
Oxford has been injured until recently. Burke isn't with us. Collins has been injured. Unless you would have rather a midfielder at center half an injured Oggy was litterally the only option
Yea Why Not

Post by Yea Why Not »

GaryP wrote:Thank you Angelo.

Hope you are fit and well and prove your doubters wrong next season.
I'm not arguing with that! Hopefully now we're playing better and Oxford is back from injury he could step in if required
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Yea Why Not wrote:
Oxford has been injured until recently. Burke isn't with us. Collins has been injured. Unless you would have rather a midfielder at center half an injured Oggy was litterally the only option
That's my whole point, bad management, don't sell Tomkins and loan out Burke if you're an injury or two away from being left with Nordtveit at centre half. Oxford has been back for a while now a could have been used earlier. Sounds like this injury has been known about for a while too and we could have had a signing lined up sooner than three weeks into a transfer window.