Manuel Lanzini

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Manuel Lanzini

Postby Eastcoast on Thu May 11, 2017 9:48 pm

Being an old soul boy I love the Lanzini song - very much enjoyed belting it out last Friday night till I was horse.

And please Mr Chairman's give this man a massive pay rise, he's an absolute joy to watch and would be harder if not impossible to replace than any other member of the squad.

Destined for legendary status if he sticks around.
Eastcoast

Location: Sunrise Coast - totscum hotspur its happened again!

Postby Colours never run on Thu May 11, 2017 10:44 pm

You and me both my man. ****ing love it. :tune:

https://youtu.be/M26WD4CidnM

Ain't nobody
Like Lanzini
Makes me happy
Plays the West Ham Way!
'><'

The only thing I can't quite work out in the video, is whether that is indeed Chaka Khan or Antonio in a wig?? Wouldn't put it past him for a laugh.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby hammer1975 on Thu May 11, 2017 10:52 pm

Anyone watch much Argentine football? There's a lad called Gonzalo Martinez who seems to play like Lanzini's clone - maybe worth a look?

Ps I am not David Sullivan!
hammer1975

Postby SRXT on Fri May 12, 2017 5:32 am

hammer1975 wrote:Anyone watch much Argentine football? There's a lad called Gonzalo Martinez who seems to play like Lanzini's clone - maybe worth a look?

Ps I am not David Sullivan!

He does play a lot like Lanzini as most Argentine tens do.. took a little bit of time to come good for River with this year being the year but has been playing amazingly good in saying that.

Latin American football is quite dirty and physical so I think he could make it here just fear if he took time to adapt as he did going to River people will be on his back like they are with Calleri.
SRXT

Postby brooking1966 on Mon May 15, 2017 10:38 am

Felt bad for him yesterday, he needs protection in the manner we gave Payet. He was running his Bollox off early in the game doing way to much defensive work. He is willing, but the little fella looked burnt out from chasing after 30 mins. This will cause injury, poor decision making, & presence in the attacking third where he is at his best. Kouyate & Obi 1 are perfect foils for him imo, just a pity that through injuries & Bilic mismanagement it hasn't happened.

I do want Bilic to stay & succeed, but his decisions have regularly baffled me. Hope he sits down with Manu & reinforces his endeavour to build around him, renew contract asap please. 5yr 75k ish
brooking1966

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Mon May 15, 2017 4:04 pm

He must wonder what the hell he's doing here a lot of the time, surrounded as he is by immobile journeymen who just aren't on his wavelength.

If Tottenham lose Dier and/or Alli, or Everton lose Barklay we should be rather concerned to say the least.
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Postby sharphammer on Mon May 15, 2017 4:06 pm

absolute joy to watch, poetry

i'm 95% sure i'm not renewing, but if I did it'd be to watch him every other week
sharphammer

Postby Believer on Tue May 16, 2017 9:06 am

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:He must wonder what the hell he's doing here a lot of the time, surrounded as he is by immobile journeymen who just aren't on his wavelength.

If Tottenham lose Dier and/or Alli, or Everton lose Barklay we should be rather concerned to say the least.

Linked with Everton today. So, that is Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs & Everton all linked in the last week
Believer

Postby somerset-hammer on Tue May 16, 2017 9:17 am

I wonder when the stories will start to emerge, about him..

Shagging 7 of his team mates and their wives.

Or

Falling out with Slav, over a game of monopoly.

Or

Wants an extra £10 a week, to make him the clubs highest earner.

Or

Refusing to play for us until we sign Calleri, permanently.

Or

He has addiction to smarties

Or

He has decided he doesn't like the weather and wants to play in Ghana.
somerset-hammer

Postby PrawnSandwich on Tue May 16, 2017 10:16 am

Not for sale at any price apparently...

So about £25m then.
PrawnSandwich

Postby Hayden on Tue May 16, 2017 10:53 am

PrawnSandwich wrote:Not for sale at any price apparently...

So about £25m then.

Exactly. I remember Payet wasn't for sale and even though he wanted to leave we weren't selling him. Ah football... it's enough to make you sick.
Hayden

Postby Centre Half on Tue May 16, 2017 12:36 pm

Watching Lanzini ghost past opponents with a drop of the shoulder is poetry in motion. I'd be gutted if he left.

The reason I wasn't as disheartened as some when Payet left was the fact that we still had him. It would take so much out of the enjoyment of attending games if Lanzini was to go as well.
Centre Half

Postby MB on Tue May 16, 2017 12:58 pm

Latest rumours are in the Daily Star FFS! Hardly a credible source.

With Antonio having signed a new deal and Snoders taking us to the cleaners it would not shock me if Lanzini was feeling under paid.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton

Postby Cockneyboy311 on Tue May 16, 2017 1:04 pm

brooking1966 wrote:
I do want Bilic to stay & succeed, but his decisions have regularly baffled me. Hope he sits down with Manu & reinforces his endeavour to build around him, renew contract asap please. 5yr 75k ish

So much this.
Cockneyboy311

Postby brooking1966 on Tue May 16, 2017 5:23 pm

Sky reporting:

'Manuel Lanzini insists he is happy at West Ham and hopes to build on his own personal success next season.'

I'm singing 'He's 1 of our own' dancing around the room :scarfer:

Love our 'Jewel' looking forward to next season so much now he's shown he's committed, off to big him up on twitter yehaaa!!!!
brooking1966

Postby Ifebbubbles on Tue May 16, 2017 6:42 pm

brooking1966 wrote:Sky reporting:

'Manuel Lanzini insists he is happy at West Ham and hopes to build on his own personal success next season.'

I'm singing 'He's 1 of our own' dancing around the room :scarfer:

Love our 'Jewel' looking forward to next season so much now he's shown he's committed, off to big him up on twitter yehaaa!!!!

Very easy to say this. I'll big him up when he signs a new long term contract.

And let's see what he's saying when he gets tapped up.

For now ill just enjoy watching him do his stuff in claret and blue.
Ifebbubbles

Postby Jumby on Tue May 16, 2017 7:13 pm

One more game :(
Jumby

Postby RayleighHammer23 on Wed May 17, 2017 7:44 am

Let's be honest he is far too good and has far too much potential to be playing for us. Unless we match his potential and sign players of similar ilk it is inevitable that he will go to a better run club with an eye on winning trophies.
RayleighHammer23

Postby HammerMan2004 on Wed May 17, 2017 7:47 am

RayleighHammer23 wrote:Let's be honest he is far too good and has far too much potential to be playing for us. Unless we match his potential and sign players of similar ilk it is inevitable that he will go to a better run club with an eye on winning trophies.

Rewind 12 months and we said the same, word for word, about Payet.
HammerMan2004

Postby Jumby on Wed May 17, 2017 1:56 pm

If Coutinho goes Lanzini goes :fsake:
Jumby

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion