✍ Manuel Lanzini

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

southendmadhammer

Re: Manuel Lanzini

Post by southendmadhammer »

Said it when Payet left, Lanzini will follow in the summer. Will be more heartbreaking than Dimi but with better players around him, Manu could be a superstar.
Phil S
Has liked: 450 likes
Total likes: 378 likes

Post by Phil S »

50 games 12 goals

a few assists too

magical player

off in the summer no doubt
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

I thought he was the best midfielder on show last night...
madhammer
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by madhammer »

Magic first touch, and ball is glued to his foot as he seem's to glide effortlessly past players.

From the way he moves and manipulates the ball you can see he's a proper player.

I genuinely believe he could go on and play for one of the 2 big teams in Spain one day, he's that comfortable on the ball. And while he's not at that level yet, if Barcelona were looking for a Iniesta replacement as age and injury catch-up with him, i think he should be on that list.

Love watching him play as he'll give you a couple of moments of class every game, be it a little touch here or there, a jinking run or killing dead a ball fizzed at him from no distance at all
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3195 likes
Total likes: 2330 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

One or two moments where he made Kante look very ordinary last night - which hasn't happened very much in the last 18 months! - even though Kante had a very good game overall.

In fact, for all the criticism of Noble, we looked solid through the middle last night against a very strong Chelsea midfield. Sadly we just couldn't come close to them when it came to pace on the break or that little bit of invention from out wide.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

We won't sell him or Obiang. It would be suicide.
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 497 likes
Total likes: 1982 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

thejackhammer wrote:We won't sell him or Obiang. It would be suicide.
Sadly, we will. Not suicide, just part of the death by a thousand cuts.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4275 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Will look good next season for someone like Sevilla I'd imagine.

Only player with anything resembling pace, imagination and genuine ability in the team last night.
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

The only player of note that we've sold (that I can remember?!) since G&S have been here which has weakened the starting 11 is Payet and we all know what happened there. A lot of bad can be said about the owners but they've never sold our best players so I'm not sure why people keep posting as if they have
Aztec Hammer

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Yea Why Not wrote:The only player of note that we've sold (that I can remember?!) since G&S have been here which has weakened the starting 11 is Payet and we all know what happened there. A lot of bad can be said about the owners but they've never sold our best players so I'm not sure why people keep posting as if they have
Payet is really the only player of note that we've had.

I don't know who else we have that anyone would even want. Antonio and Lanzini is about it. Reid's alright but did anyone want him when his contract was running out? Cresswell linked to Liverpool regularly but he's been crap this whole season. Kouyate had the Tottenham thing but I doubt they'd want him now.

The true player of note was Payet and we replaced him with a Championship standard player.
Yea Why Not

Post by Yea Why Not »

Aztec Hammer wrote:
Payet is really the only player of note that we've had.

I don't know who else we have that anyone would even want. Antonio and Lanzini is about it.
Reid, Cresswell last year. Who knows what bids have come in. That's not really the point any way. Reading this thread and others you'd be think we've been a selling club under them which we most definitely haven't
Aztec Hammer

Post by Aztec Hammer »

It's more that we haven't been a buying club and that will lead to any quality players we actually have wanting out.

It's a matter of time before Lanzini decides he's better than a bottom half/mid table side.
Yea Why Not

Post by Yea Why Not »

Aztec Hammer wrote:
The true player of note was Payet and we replaced him with a Championship standard player.
You make it sound like you're playing Football Manager. Who do you suggest we throw £25m and 100k a week at in the last week in January?! It just so happens that Snodgrass is good at set plays and plays the same position. Bit silly to look at him as his long term replacement
Aztec Hammer

Post by Aztec Hammer »

We'll see this summer when they sign his replacement. I'm sure he'll be quality.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Aztec Hammer wrote:It's a matter of time before Lanzini decides he's better than a bottom half/mid table side.
that's where we'll always be though.
Yea Why Not

Post by Yea Why Not »

Aztec Hammer wrote:It's more that we haven't been a buying club and that will lead to any quality players we actually have wanting out.

It's a matter of time before Lanzini decides he's better than a bottom half/mid table side.
How many clubs in England have a higher net spend than us since G&S arrived? I honestly have no idea but I doubt there's more than 8-10. Both the owners and managers haven't been able to identify and develop players. That's been our main problem imo. Not necessarily lack of money on the table
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

warp wrote: that's where we'll always be though.
Come on Warp can't you invent something that makes you a f*** ton of money and buy the club as your plaything?
Aztec Hammer

Post by Aztec Hammer »

YWN

Sometimes for me it's about moments when it's obvious that you need to do the right thing at the right time. This summer should have been a top striker, that's it. We all remember that fiasco.

Then they went around doing their bargain bin thing and to me that summed us up more than any 'net spend' analysis ever could.

They're clueless hacks. It won't ever be different with them. I'd bet big money that Snodgrass plays the majority of our games next season.
Yea Why Not

Post by Yea Why Not »

Aztec
Billic wanted Zaza and got him. Regardless of the deal he had him in the squad. We also had Carroll and Sakho on the books. Two players more than capable at this level

A combination of bad luck, poor judgement and a player acting up ****ed us. I do however think we'll get a decent striker in this summer. Just have to wait and see I guess
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2486 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Post by sendô »

Great on the ball, but drifts in and out of games too much for me.