✍ Manuel Lanzini

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

wasserburg_hammer
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 40 likes

Re: Manuel Lanzini

Post by wasserburg_hammer »

Why? He's played in more countries than I have :D
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

Vic_Watson wrote:How bonkers to find the term "Journeyman" being discussed on Lanzini's thread!
I've read some randomly weird **** on here over the years but this.......
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

He honestly shouldn't be here, amazed he isn't at a top club, he would fit anywhere, technique good enough, cracking player, couldn't think higher of him, even scores the odd goal
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

I think he is good, but not quite as good as others think. Sometimes i think its easier to shine in a team that is playing badly. Apart from the odd few moments here and there however i would go as far to say that he hasn't actually been that good this season. Of course it is hard to get going in an under performing side but if he is our key player then he needs to be a bit more of an inspiration, i think he tends to go hiding when the going gets tough. Don't get me wrong i think he is good, but he still has quite a bit of room for improvement.
southendmadhammer

Post by southendmadhammer »

Could play for any team in the league - and sadly i think that day is coming soon.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

The Gibbins wrote:I think he is good, but not quite as good as others think. Sometimes i think its easier to shine in a team that is playing badly. Apart from the odd few moments here and there however i would go as far to say that he hasn't actually been that good this season. .
If Lanzini plays well, the whole team plays well, or at least better.

He suffers when teams go so close as to practically double-mark him.

If we stay up, in large part it will be because Lanzini has been connected, tactically, to one or two like-minded players. The signs of an understanding with Marko are encouraging, in this regard.

To my mind, Andy Carroll 'hasn't actually been that good this season'.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

prophet:marginal wrote:
To my mind, Andy Carroll 'hasn't actually been that good this season'.
Agreed, he has been awful. Probably worth adding to my previous point as its unfair to fully criticise Lanzini when he is a creative spark playing alongside Andy Carroll.
HarlowEssexHammer
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by HarlowEssexHammer »

Tactics the last three games have been necessary with our situation and the opposition, but the system really swallows Lanzini up, struggles to have his impact in this shape.

With us constantly playing on the break out wide through Antonio/Arnautovic, Lanzini can't play his way into a game, was leaving him either quiet for periods in front of Noble and Obiang, or when he did see the ball was misplacing a lot of passes where he'd not been involved for long periods. Stoke and Newcastle we need this man far more involved!
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

As much as I generally love him, I thought he was poor last night.
hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 137 likes

Post by hawkins_hammer »

He's earned the opportunity to not have a great game and avoid getting slated by the fans. Especially if it means we still don't lose to Arsenal in the process.

He's on a very long leash.

Obviously the formation isn't helping his creativity but it is helping the team. I do feel sorry for him working his socks off only to have the ball and have no one to pass to outside a punt to Arnautovic and Antonio. You can forgive the odd misplaced pass and poor touch when he's putting that effort in, ditto Noble and Obiang.

If it's not pleasing watching us defend all game, it is pleasing watching him be able to alternate with Obiang and Noble and still know where to be to keep the side's shape. Was a big Bilic fan but this is the most noticeable improvement in the side.

Getting him closer to the forwards without sacrificing our shape will define our next few games.
StackerJJ

Post by StackerJJ »

Game of opinions an its seems i'm in the minority here but I think he has done okay in the last few games. Okay he's not making killer passes, or taking on 3/4 people everytime he gets the ball but he's been busy, closing down the DM of our opponents, always an outlet if we play from defence. Yes he's playing a different role because we've been defending for 3 straight games but he has been important still, opposing teams see him as a threat and are always looking at him which gives Obiang and Noble more space. The last 3 games are not performances you can judge his ability of a playmaker as his doing his defensive work. The next few are where we can judge him on that when we are in games and have more than 30% possession.

I appreciate his efforts and contrary to lots of opinions I think he has done a great job.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 526 likes
Total likes: 1319 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

I think the reason he's not lighting up games is that he's playing a different role. He's sat in front of Obiang and Noble, with Antonio and Arnautovic stretching the play a good 30/40 yards further forward.

He's not currently sat in behind a front three which is when he can really make things happen but leaves us criminally short at the back.
Hammer in Hornchurch
Has liked: 521 likes
Total likes: 226 likes

Post by Hammer in Hornchurch »

He should of been the first sub last night, had we had another midfielder on the bench.
It was a physical midfield battle last night and, we lost the ball a lot when he had to make a 50/50 challenge.
I know that is not his game, he’s a creative playmaker but sometimes we need to have a bit more steel on the pitch when it’s a physical game
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Is that 3 assists today? :|
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

prophet:marginal wrote:Is that 3 assists today? :|
of the last five goals we've scored, lanzini has assisted five of them.
jacko
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by jacko »

He really was excellent.
Junco Partner
Location: Paquetta, he's played it through...and Bowen's in...ITS UP FOR GRABS NOW!"
Has liked: 564 likes
Total likes: 921 likes

Post by Junco Partner »

His preemptive fall :wink: aside thought the little jewel grew and grew in the game. Worked hard, ran hus socks off and two superb assists.

Playing on a fast breakaway really suits him.
jacko
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by jacko »

Junco Partner wrote: Playing on a fast breakaway really suits him.
He really does have a good footballing brain when he's running with the ball at high speed on the counter attack. In that situation he is deadly.
Stulaw
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Stulaw »

Beavis Danzig wrote:
of the last five goals we've scored, lanzini has assisted five of them.
Cresswell assisted Ogbonna vs City.
Adam 'The Smudge'

Post by Adam 'The Smudge' »

Confidence returning to the lad.