✍ Manuel Lanzini

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Hatcham Iron
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Re: Manuel Lanzini

Post by Hatcham Iron »

Quality player but playing in a side that is usualy not at the races,at the moment this side is sucking the life out of him players like him need movement off the ball,vision to open sides up not the spectators some of our players are most of the time.Sorry but he wll be wanting away from us if he wants to progress his undoubted ability :crest:
StackerJJ

Post by StackerJJ »

The thing that keeps coming to my head is the interview with Kouyate when talking about Masuaku (sorry I don't have the link) where he says "one day I believe he can play for a top club" is one of the key reaons behind our failures this year. He is such a big personality within the squad that's clear to see, if he is running around talking about anyone with abit of talent and telling them they can play for a top club, as opposed to making west ham a top club this to me is a clear indicator than people like Lanzini will always have one foot out the door, Lanzini is a top player in my eyes and its playing with a bunch of people looking for a transfer or exit, have no interest in West Hams success but person success to go to a top club. This will effect him until this mind set is changed.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Lanzini

Post by Georgee Paris »

I know he’s supposed to be our best player and everything but he has been quite rubbish this season. He used to look dangerous around the box. Now he looks like a young mark noble.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Re: Lanzini

Post by prophet:marginal »

We'd be bottom of the league without him

And out of the cup
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 803 likes

Re: Lanzini

Post by RichieRiv »

Played too deep this evening. Needs to be further up the pitch.
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

He has always been inconsistent but this patch at the moment is horrific. Some of the attempted passes this season have been shocking.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

He was supposed to be better than Payet. Hugo Porfirio was better.
tizzwoz

Post by tizzwoz »

The most unpopular post of the day, but I gotta say, Lanzini is killing us. He's so overrated its unreal. A quality player on his day, but when was the last time he bossed a game. We talk about him like he is some sort of creative wizard linking up all our play, when in fact, the stats tell us he's below average.
2017-18 - Played 8 - 1 goal - 1 assist
2016-17 - played 35 - 8 goals (2 pens) - 2 assists - TWO ASSISTS?????
2015-16 - played 26 - 6 goals - 2 assists - This was arguably his best season.

5 assists in 69 EPL games? I dont care how much you love the guy, thats very average for our creative forward thinking midfielder. Im sure in a better team his qualities would shine through... but we are where we are and I cant help think hes a luxury at the moment. He was possibly our worst or least ineffective player last night... barring maybe Carroll. The guy needs to step up or be benched for someone that will. I fully accept that most hammers fans will disagree with this opinion and I also acceot that if moyes was to bench him, it would be a very unpopular move to make.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

It was criminal the amount of times he gave the ball away cheaply.
On the other hand, he is the only player in our squad that offers a bit of "X factor"

Its a tricky one for Moyes in the coming weeks.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5556 likes
Total likes: 3053 likes

Post by MB »

The problem is that people have been desperate for him to be a number 10 since Payet left, but that isn’t his game. He is a goal scorer more than a creator. He needs to be cutting in from the left or, like tonight, attacking the box from deep.

He is a neat little player with an eye for goal which warrants him being picked, but it means we need someone else pulling the strings.
Rocket
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Rocket »

He's certainly struggling for form at the moment, as are most of the team, and last night was not a fun experience for Manu. His stats aren't encouraging, but I would ask (because I genuinely don't know the answers):

1. How do they compare to the other players?
2. On how many occasions has he provided the assist for the person who has provided the assist? (If that makes sense.)
JimBlythNo1

Post by JimBlythNo1 »

Sorry to say, but, he is a waste of a place. We need a decent playmaker, and he isn't it
Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.
Has liked: 330 likes
Total likes: 591 likes

Post by Croydon »

I've always seen him as a Modric type player, with more creative players ahead of him. His game is pretty dire without any other creative's in the team.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Kitt the car wrote:He has always been inconsistent but this patch at the moment is horrific. Some of the attempted passes this season have been shocking.
Assist for last night's goal

Set the ball rolling in goals against Palace and Swansea, with forward passes.

Two assists in the LC at Wembley.

If that makes 'this patch...horrific' you might be setting slightly too high standards for him. Take them out of the equation and we're bottom of the league.

If/when the team improves, so will Manu.
uptonparkhurst
Location: The World Wide Web - where men are men,women are men,and children are the Metropolitan Police
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by uptonparkhurst »

^^^^^^^
Take him out of the team and relegation is guaranteed IMHO.
ludo22
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 125 likes

Post by ludo22 »

He's a very good player surrounded by dross.Obiang,Kouyate,Fernandes,unfortunately Noble are all bog standard journeymen and I think it's affected his confidence.Hopefully can get something going with Arnie and Ayew who are starting to look better but I can see him leaving.
Phil S
Has liked: 446 likes
Total likes: 380 likes

Post by Phil S »

always looking for the ball and linking up play, yes some of his passing went astray

still agree with something Pinky said a while back "a joy to watch"

needs some better players around him
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2939 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Phil S wrote:always looking for the ball and linking up play, yes some of his passing went astray

still agree with something Pinky said a while back "a joy to watch"

needs some better players around him
He is a joy to watch , he made one absolutely beautiful first time pass last night ,truly glorious , putting Arnie I think in acres of space, but I have also said I would sell him .

He's not quite good enough to build our team around , we need the money to strengthen an ageing squad , and frankly, once he sees nobody arrive in January he will want away .

It's a shame .
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 523 likes
Total likes: 419 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

You try playing in a team that has played dog awful football for a season and a half. He is the only player in the team that really tries to play the right way.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Be amazed if he’s not off in January