✍ Manuel Lanzini

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 547 likes

Re: Manuel Lanzini

Post by sutts07 »

Bury Me @ The Boleyn wrote: Call me when Spurs sell Alli.
Do you not think they will??
If he stays next season it will mainly be due to the stadium move.
After that, how long do you think he will stay there and win f**k all each year??
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

I couldn't bear to see him in a Liverpool shirt. It would be like Yossi all over again.

I think we're safe for now though.
Bury Me @ The Boleyn

Post by Bury Me @ The Boleyn »

sutts07 wrote: Do you not think they will??
If he stays next season it will mainly be due to the stadium move.
After that, how long do you think he will stay there and win f**k all each year??
I don't think they'll sell him prematurely, like the comment was suggesting we should be okay with selling Lanzini prematurely. "Spurs sell players what's all the griping about".

Lanzini's (like Alli's) value is only going up. Spurs aren't poised to sell now and will likely keep hold for as long as they can until a giant comes calling. Not the likes of someone like Liverpool.

We absolutely need to do the same with Lanzini.
Bury Me @ The Boleyn

Colours never run wrote:Has he? I thought they were only in discussions about offering a new one. Nothing about him actually about to agree to an offer.
Think the fact that we're arguing semantics only solidifies the point I'm making.

We've been talking about Lanzini signing a new deal since the season ended. Until he puts pen to paper all we're doing is rehashing the same conversation.

"Poised To" =/= "Has Signed"
Kialos
Has liked: 1545 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

Jumby wrote:
Haha, really? Man I need evidence of these posts, I never post about fighting at football, you sure you got the right person?

Weren't you offering to fight someone naked? Can't remember what it was about now, probably Adrian. :D
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

No club or player is untouchable as PSG have just proved.The fact is if the player wants to go and money is right 95% of clubs will sell.Im actually trying to think of a situation where a club has refused to sell for a continued period of time.Can only think of Berahino recently.Which has basically wrecked his career.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6759 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

It isn't semantics, poised is not the same as having talks about a possible new deal. We weren't even sure we'd offer him a new improved contract at all, although that was many people's hopes.
Bury Me @ The Boleyn

Colours never run wrote:It isn't semantics, poised is not the same as having talks about a possible new deal. We weren't even sure we'd offer him a new improved contract at all, although that was many people's hopes.
I still think that's semantics mate. We're talking about the choice of words to suggest that we're trying to get a deal over the line. That's been the same conversation all summer.

Until he signs, he hasn't signed. I think he will, but no use celebrating prematurely when the status hasn't changed from "the dotted line remains unsigned".
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Who's celebrating? :?

All I've done is pass on what was said elsewhere.
Bury Me @ The Boleyn

Wasn't saying you were specifically. But a lot of people are jumping on the "poised to" bandwagon as if it's a done deal.

It's not a done deal until it is a done deal. All I'm saying. Maybe I'm just jaded. Or a pessimist. Lord knows this club does that to people.

I'm just not ready to count chickens before they hatch, see. I hope he signs a new deal and think he will... but until that actually happens, we're still having the same conversation we've had all summer, essentially.
Colours never run

All it'll mean is we make sure the buy out clause is very high and keep him sweet until he decides he wants to better himself elsewhere.

I couldn't be more relaxed about the situation as it'll mean we'll get well paid for his services or we keep the boy. It's not something I'm fretting about.

I reckon he'll be gone by next summer in any case and I wouldn't begrudge him if he leaves in the right manner and for a siply amount whilst performing out of his skin this season. I'll be surprised if he's still here this time next year.
sizza

Post by sizza »

Another call up for Argentina

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by -DL- on Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Image too large
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

Kialos wrote:Weren't you offering to fight someone naked? Can't remember what it was about now, probably Adrian. :D
I did indeed offer anyone out who said that Adrian was ****, and unleash my inner Oliver Reed on them whilst I'm at it!!! My love for El Matador is strong, you have to make allowances for that haha!
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3031 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

A couple of weeks since anyone commented on Lanzini .

He's a lovely player to watch but has his importance been magnified, since the departure of Payet, beyond his true capabilities ?
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

In my eyes yes PP
I think he is a great player, and don't want to sell him, but let's be honest has he ever really grabbed a game by the scruff of the neck in the way you would expect a player being quoted at £50m?

He has potential though for sure
Absolutely Hammered!
Has liked: 63 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Post by Absolutely Hammered! »

the pink palermo wrote:A couple of weeks since anyone commented on Lanzini .

He's a lovely player to watch but has his importance been magnified, since the departure of Payet, beyond his true capabilities ?
Absolutely not. He's the player that makes West Ham tick. Rarely loses the ball when in possession. His free kicks are dangerous too. Can't stress enough how important he is to us
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4276 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:In my eyes yes PP
I think he is a great player, and don't want to sell him, but let's be honest has he ever really grabbed a game by the scruff of the neck in the way you would expect a player being quoted at £50m?

He has potential though for sure
West Brom at home comes to mind.

He's a special player, we'd be lost creatively without him and not much more than a laborious, workmanlike team.
Aceface
Has liked: 375 likes
Total likes: 1471 likes

Post by Aceface »

the pink palermo wrote: Has his importance been magnified, since the departure of Payet, beyond his true capabilities ?
It has a touch, due to scarcity value of his attributes elsewhere in the squad.

He, and we, will benefit from adding another passing CM at some point to lessen the focus on him.
Patito

Post by Patito »

the pink palermo wrote:A couple of weeks since anyone commented on Lanzini .

We've mostly looked rubbish without him IMO.
Hammer1972
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

As we've seen on here, every player gets better the longer he is out of the team!