✍ Manuel Lanzini

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Gerblatz
Has liked: 70 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Re: Manuel Lanzini

Post by Gerblatz »

First Ginge..now Lanzini...the only value a player has is if they play in crucial games and win them. He will be at the WC and if he doesn’t play on Saturday, expect his knock to be an extended break.

I don’t get why people are so hung up on what his value is as if it’s crucial to the club...any money he is sold for won’t be reinvested and only benefits the owners.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Gerblatz wrote:First Ginge..now Lanzini...the only value a player has is if they play in crucial games and win them. He will be at the WC and if he doesn’t play on Saturday, expect his knock to be an extended break.

I don’t get why people are so hung up on what his value is as if it’s crucial to the club...any money he is sold for won’t be reinvested and only benefits the owners.
Lanzini's sale would go quite a long way to wiping out the debt
Gerblatz
Has liked: 70 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Gerblatz »

Puff Daddy wrote:
Ah yes..the debt..of course it will :) ....what debt might that be? The same one that was cleared when we left the BG?
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Puff Daddy wrote:
It'll be like a new signing :thup:
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:i would say with decent structure and a sensible plan we can compete with all the other teams outside the top 6
we did buy (at the time) Swansea's best player, and last summer bought Stoke's best player. we also got Hernandez. We can attract and afford decent players, but we need to buy the right players
We were competing at that level.

The board took that as a sign to reign in investment and to give didi-Dave more control over transfers. We’ve been going backwards ever since. Pretty much every West Ham fan I speak to is happy with good football, cup runs and 7th - 10th in the league, in that order. Good management should deliver that given the income, resources etc. Poor management misses that. Awful management gives relegation, shitty stadium and fans at war.

This champions league stuff was for the dreamers and tourists - I hate the way some areas are using that as a stick to disqualify criticism of the owners mismanagement as simply setting unrealistic expectations.

They have failed this club on pretty much every level you could measure with the exception of the finances benfit to them. They need to go, and they need to go yesterday. I really don’t care who replaces them, it’s beyond my imagination how they could do a worse job.

Worst owners in our history
iamakka
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by iamakka »

Well, Argentina without Lanzini looked suspiciously like West ham without Lanzini.

Fingers very much crossed he only sat it out as a precaution.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

that second result probably did as much to book his place on the plane as the first.

don't expect him to go in for any 50/50s at the tail end of the season. given the bromance between him and messi i don't think barcelona is that far fetched if he has a half decent world cup.
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 690 likes
Total likes: 1606 likes

Post by chalks »

Puff Daddy wrote:
Wipe out the debt and these scum owners lose out on millions in interest payments.

The sooner they sell, or die, the better.
aaronhammer
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

On the MOTD: The Premier League Show tonight they had a feature about simulation. They showed many dives, yet funnily enough Lanzini vs Stoke wasn’t included - you’d have thought it would’ve been a shoe in being only 1 of 2 dives the FA have charged players for (the other, Niasse, was included in the montage...). Strange!
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

I've got a nagging feeling that his last games for the club are presently underway.

(Had to go back 5 pages to find this thread)
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

need to get him signed up on his new contract before the world cup.

if we can afford harts wages then give that to manu when hart goes at the end of the season.

a very important player for us that we need to keep at all costs. return Mario as he is too expensive.

get shaquiri in from stoke . lanzini shaquiri and arnie would realy give us a creative force and a few goals.

a decent striker up front and we are good to go attacking wise just the def midfield and defence to sort along with a new goalkeeper !
Phil S
Has liked: 446 likes
Total likes: 380 likes

Post by Phil S »

I'm going to be devastated if he has played his last game.

I just love watching him play.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Puff Daddy wrote:Lanzini's sale would go quite a long way to wiping out the debt
That we don’t have
bowltorious
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by bowltorious »

I reckon he'll be here next season, barring a ridiculously good world cup of course.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Phil S wrote:I'm going to be devastated if he has played his last game.

I just love watching him play.
Agreed, I just can't rate him highly enough, such a talented technical player, I think going to a Barca or City would be perfect for him, a Liverpool not so sure, he needs to be in a team where he is playing quick interchanging passes and moving.
claretandblue82
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by claretandblue82 »

If that was his last game then thats a good way to go. If he has a good WC then I reckon he’ll be off to Spain in the summer!
Absolutely Hammered!
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 254 likes

Post by Absolutely Hammered! »

The problem is, we need a mario type signing to get the best out of lanzini and keep him interested. Will we do that? Unlikely
kevino
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by kevino »

Absolutely gutted if he leaves - still one of the few class players we have. We should be building a team around him, not selling him.
GreenStHammer

Post by GreenStHammer »

Bye bye lanzini, hello Robert snodgrass!
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

our most gifted player.

we owe him a manager who can unlock everything he can offer the sport, not bollock him for losing the ball playing a flat back 10.

fail at that and he'll be off without question.