✍ Manuel Lanzini

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Re: Manuel Lanzini

Post by hammerman11 »

if Liverpool want him they will get him. they have the money and champs league to offer him. increases his profile during world cup year.
would also see an increase in his wages as I don't recall him signing a new contract recently although it was mentioned.

I would go if I was him but hope he doesn't !
NW5hammer

Post by NW5hammer »

Clearly he would do much better in a team that could give him better passes and make better runs with players who have the technique to receive and play on passes for him. At the moment he is picking up the ball in poor situations, having to fend off pressing opponents who know he is our only creative outlet (apart from Arthur and Arnie now). And what options does he have? Lump it to Carroll? In a decent team he'd probably also get more shooting opportunities set up for him - at the moment he pretty much to create them for himself.
I agree that he is still inconsistent. Despite his work rate he gets sidelined. But no-one complains about Osil or Countinho when that happens because they are in a team that can compensate. I'm not saying he's world class but he is one of those rare players who can make something out of nothing and carry the ball into areas where things start to happen. As the game becomes more about fitness, organisation and closing down space, he is invaluable and sooner or later someone else will come knocking unless we build a team around him. Apart from Payet, he's the most exciting player we've had since Di Canio.
Discuss...
DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by DannyboyDJL »

Nowhere near Champions League level. His set pieces aren't great, often poor, and his final ball is often awful. He's excellent at picking the ball up and beating a man, but he can't pick a pass once he's done that.

Saying all that, he's the best we've got, but just don't think he has what it takes to step up.
NW5hammer

Post by NW5hammer »

DannyboyDJL wrote:. His set pieces aren't great, often poor,.
I'm a big fan but I agree. It's a bit of a mystery why they are so poor, needs to work much harder on that.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

DannyboyDJL wrote:He's excellent at picking the ball up and beating a man, but he can't pick a pass once he's done that.

Saying all that, he's the best we've got, but just don't think he has what it takes to step up.

I'd guess at his having assisted or contributed with 75% of all of our goals this season, barring those games, of course, where he wasn't playing.

He can obviously 'pick a pass', if he has more than twice as many assists as any other player.
sizza

Post by sizza »

Called back up for Argentina

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

i'd worry that now he's in the squad he'll take it easy so he doesn't get injured, especially since he's still getting fit after his last one. last big chance to impress sampaoli and if he picks up even a knock before the friendlies then that could be his world cup dream over.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

I don't think we'll see him in a West Ham shirt after this season.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

They'd sign Shaqiri. Nailed on.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

I still love the fact that he tried a Rabona from about twenty yards out, to try that in a game was just ridiculous. I can't see him staying after the World Cup.
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

Mega Ron wrote:I don't think we'll see him in a West Ham shirt after this season.
I’d tend to agree. They’re already planting the seeds with the new contract offer. Of course it’ll all be Lanzini’s fault - they’ll say he refused to sign the new contract and was going to run down his contract etc etc...

We will then be linked with £30m+ players every week until “we just ran out of time”. “We worked day and night”

“Welcome back Robert Snodgrass”
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

bubbles1966 wrote:They'd sign Shaqiri. Nailed on.
Or we might get Ayew back for a few months ! :lol: Those 2 clubs appear to be the only 2 who will deal with us !
brooking_1980
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 58 likes

Post by brooking_1980 »

If Lanzini goes, he'll be on a par with Payet, he sees that this crowd upstairs lack the ambition, the motivation, the resources to push this club onwards and upwards. Why would Lanzini, such a gifted, talented, crafted player (Like Payet) want to stay at a club that is going to be fighting relegation forever more.

We had a chance to get 4th, to get in the Champions League and Silly Sully looked at the numbers and thought, oh no, that Maths don't make sense, we got to lay out more than we get back, oh dear, lets get some Make Do players in and we'll drop like a stone, they'll renew their Season Tickets in any event, and that Sucker was right !
hammer1975
Has liked: 934 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

bubbles1966 wrote:They'd sign Shaqiri. Nailed on.
Agree. Reckon we could go for a Chadli too. Without him West Brom have bombed.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

2 years left onn current deal. lets hope he signs up. However to do so will need to see him as one of the top earners like waster carroll. shift carroll and give his wages to lanzini.

board then needs to buy decent younger players and push forward. This will be the problem for lanzini more than the money I fear.

great player and the sort you want in a hammers shirt.t

If, and there is a certain size to this 'if', but if he plays (well) for the Argies at the World Cup this summer, I would expect him to attract attention from certain clubs who might need to make replacements. For example, if Spurs had a ridiculous offer for Eriksen, Lanzini could be amongst his replacements.

Alternatively, Leicester, if they strike the jackpot, selling Mahrez

I would also not be surprised if there were certain Spanish and Italian clubs looking at qualification for European football next season, who might consider him a decent acquisition to a squad looking to fight on two fronts.

His price peaks this summer.
Graza

Post by Graza »

prophet:marginal wrote: His price peaks this summer.
At 25 (just) I don't think his price will peak in the summer. If he continues to play well and does well in the world cup after then that would be his peak probably of his career and price. A long time coming though.

For me he is our chance to make a statement of intent. We have him and we have Arnautovic (29 in April) as the real jewels in our crown at the moment. To lose either one must surely make the other wonder if they should go too. Given his age and ability we should be looking to build the team around him, give him the players he needs to play off of. Give him the dmf to look after the middle so he can go roaming, some wide player who want to play wide so he can play off them and float about.

Selling Lanzini would be a massive step back for me, bigger than the one we took with Payet, largely because of the way he was playing at the time, and also his age.

That said, and I would be proper gutted to lose him, if we got in some astronomical amount, and I'm talking 70/80m if not more and could immediately bring in Mario and Carvalho with the balance being used for a non nursing home center half... Well the squad would be improved even though we would obviously miss him. It would also make Arnie and Antonio think that there was a future in the club so they wouldn't need to agitate for moves.

Sorry, I was unclear. I meant to say that the price peaks in terms of his present contract (in that the club will recoup more if he still has two years on it).

You don't need to sell the little guy's charms to me, either.

I was ridiculed, gently, when Payet was here, for claiming that Manu was the longer term prospect for the club.

I would love to see the creative side of the team built around him, but this is football in 2018.

And we have a pair of goblins running our club.

What I want and what will happen are poles apart!
Hatcham Iron
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Hatcham Iron »

brooking_1980 wrote:If Lanzini goes, he'll be on a par with Payet, he sees that this crowd upstairs lack the ambition, the motivation, the resources to push this club onwards and upwards. Why would Lanzini, such a gifted, talented, crafted player (Like Payet) want to stay at a club that is going to be fighting relegation forever more.

We had a chance to get 4th, to get in the Champions League and Silly Sully looked at the numbers and thought, oh no, that Maths don't make sense, we got to lay out more than we get back, oh dear, lets get some Make Do players in and we'll drop like a stone, they'll renew their Season Tickets in any event, and that Sucker was right !
Exactly. This
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

West Ham left winger worth being angry at

:wink: