✍ Manuel Lanzini

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

ereford ammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Re: Manuel Lanzini

Post by ereford ammer »

Oh I would love to see him causing mischief with Arnie and Yarmo in the opposition half. Get better soon Manuel.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1905 likes
Total likes: 1614 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

ereford ammer wrote:Oh I would love to see him causing mischief with Arnie and Yarmo in the opposition half. Get better soon Manuel.
great to have a good squad and to have him back..

not sure how we can fit in Anderson, Yarmolenko, Manu and Arnie......

might score a few..(but think we would give up quite a few in the process - it would be a bloody good watch though, that's for sure...)
Albie Beck
Has liked: 617 likes
Total likes: 639 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

'ouston - similar may have been said at first about the scousers fielding Coutinho, Mane, Firminho and Salah at the same time, but it worked, didn't it? Our version would definitely be good to watch :D
The Collector
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by The Collector »

ereford ammer wrote:Oh I would love to see him causing mischief with Arnie and Yarmo in the opposition half. Get better soon Manuel.
Cuenca 'ammer wrote:great to have a good squad and to have him back..

not sure how we can fit in Anderson, Yarmolenko, Manu and Arnie......

might score a few..(but think we would give up quite a few in the process - it would be a bloody good watch though, that's for sure...)
You are not wrong.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Albie Beck wrote:'ouston - similar may have been said at first about the scousers fielding Coutinho, Mane, Firminho and Salah at the same time, but it worked, didn't it? Our version would definitely be good to watch :D
yeah but they have a pretty decent back four...

AND a bloody good midfield....................................Emre Can was in there when Coutinho played..very underrated..a great balanced team..

notice that they haven't replaced him with a like for like replacement....

I think that Klopp figured out that (for him anyway) they lost too many games that they should have (and maybe would have) won with it out of balance..

now they just use Salah, Firmino and Sane..

their midfield is Winaldjum, Milner, Keita, Henderson - well 3 from 4 really........Lallana is going to find it VERY hard to get in their side now....and according to tomorrow's papers are looking at this young Italian midfielder..

I digress...

with our back 4 I think we would be hard pushed to be competitive with a front 4 of Lanzini, Anderson, Arnie and Yarmolenko.......

Unless we had TWO athletic, mobile specific DM's..

hell we haven't even got ONE !!!!!!!

:D
hammerman11
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

long way off seeing lanzini in the team.
city manage to do it with fernandinho as their only defensive midfielder. ok all their players are better than ours but it can be done

fab
zab diop Balbuena masuaka
rice obiang
yarmolenko lanzini Anderson
arnie

subs Adrian fredericks ogbonna cresswell noble sanchez Antonio

that team would be the team of 4-3 results either way !
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2642 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

David Gold got the shock of his life when he discovered it wasn't Manuel Lanzini and that his treasured gold watch is now missing . :)
OnePaulHilton
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by OnePaulHilton »

Hope you don't keep your wallet in your back pocket Manuel.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Gold "Now smile for the camera, boy"

Lanzini " Yesa Mr David sir"

Gold "Lurch, can you put him back to his cage, that's enough daylight for one day, and grab me a clean jacket on your way back"
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 316 likes
Total likes: 749 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

Were he fit then Lanzini could play for either Noble or Obiang in the current formation especially against the “lesser” teams. Being one of thre narrow midfielders should suit him with a skilled player outside to work with and Arnie upfront. Perhaps we would be slightly weaker defensively but he would have better ball retention than Obiang and is both quicker and more of a threat going forward than Noble.

For the first time since Sam really Sunday saw us operate a 4 at the back against a decent team that looked reasonably secure. I hope he sticks to this 4-3-3, 4-5-1 for a while to see how it pans out.
OnePaulHilton
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by OnePaulHilton »

Gsbgsb wrote:
For the first time since Sam really Sunday saw us operate a 4 at the back against a decent team that looked reasonably secure. I hope he sticks to this 4-3-3, 4-5-1 for a while to see how it pans out.
Really :shock: Did you pop out and miss a lot of the 2015/2016 season?
kentishiron
Has liked: 26 likes
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by kentishiron »

Gsbgsb wrote:Were he fit then Lanzini could play for either Noble or Obiang in the current formation especially against the “lesser” teams. Being one of thre narrow midfielders should suit him with a skilled player outside to work with and Arnie upfront. Perhaps we would be slightly weaker defensively but he would have better ball retention than Obiang and is both quicker and more of a threat going forward than Noble.

Im sure i remember him and Obiang playing in a midfield two together a few times, and they were excellent
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

rice obiang and lanzini behind the front three would be so good. maybe in a few months he will be back to help for the push for top 8

get well soon manu
Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.
Has liked: 330 likes
Total likes: 591 likes

Post by Croydon »

That's how I see it too, Manu playing in more of a Modric role than a 10.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

^^^

been banging that drum for a while...

the Modric role would suit him down to the ground.....

no secret in his longevity at Real...........keep recycling the ball, spot a through ball when there, switch the point of attack..Lanzini can beat a man on the dribble Modric either can't or chooses not to..he hardly EVER loses possession and that's a big key......(biggest difference of course if he ever does, is the players behind him at Real and behind him at ours).......

:D

simple in ANY sport...get your best player(s) on the ball as much as possible.....
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

I hope he hasn’t lost any of his turn of pace.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Been reading lots of comments like this about how he'll link up with this player and that player and everything will be good in the West Ham garden.

He was very average last season. Niggling injuries and a lack of form culminated in possibly his worst season from the little magician.

He's now recovering from the worst injury a footballer can get. Lets not be expecting too much, if anything on his return, whenever that may be.

:crest:
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

doubt we will see him before march and then he will need time. next season for him is what he should aim for.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

what with Yarmo and Lanzini getting fit at the same time, "it'll be like two new signings" and Sully can keep his hand in his pocket..(again)