✍ Manuel Lanzini

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Re: Manuel Lanzini

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

He was on his way down before any contact. People can try and justify it all they want, but IMHO it was a blatant dive and it isn't the first time he has done it
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

It was a dive.

If he gets a ban I won't grumble and he shouldn't either.

The sooner this sort of nonsense is gone from the game the better because I'm sick of the end goal being winning a penalty. Just try to score a goal without being a divey ****.
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 332 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

We’d have been livid if we’d been the victims . Played really well but can’t argue with a likely 2 game ban.
hammer1975
Has liked: 987 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Media pressure to suspend Lanzini already...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ver-stoke/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

they've obviously done loads of similar articles on Zaha and Kane :P

Bound to get attention from Lineker on MOTD...always feels to me that the post game reviews follow where the media make a lot of noise (and don't where they don't)
Ercans
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by Ercans »

Were stoke bothered when their attacked blocked our defender to score from a corner against us in the cup under Pulis? No thought not.

Lanzini has deliberately sought contact. Not 100% ethical but 100% professional in 2017. We are generally not ‘cute’ enough as a team so against this mob I really do not give one.

COYI
:crest:
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2497 likes
Total likes: 4403 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:He was on his way down before any contact. People can try and justify it all they want, but IMHO it was a blatant dive and it isn't the first time he has done it
Where's he supposed to go? Tread on the defender's arse?

The referee had a great view - he saw it all at real speed and without camera angle distortions.
OFT
Has liked: 3240 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by OFT »

hammer1975 wrote:Media pressure to suspend Lanzini already...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ver-stoke/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

they've obviously done loads of similar articles on Zaha and Kane :P

Bound to get attention from Lineker on MOTD...always feels to me that the post game reviews follow where the media make a lot of noise (and don't where they don't)

Yep, bound to tear him to bits, and whereas, I don't want to see it from our players, it makes a change to be on the right end of one of those calls, cos' we've certainly been on the wrong end of loads of them.
bubbles1966

Post by bubbles1966 »

hammer1975 wrote:Bound to get attention from Lineker on MOTD...always feels to me that the post game reviews follow where the media make a lot of noise (and don't where they don't)
Watch Ndidi's today from true comedy value. :D

Calvert Lewin's body check on Lovren last week was far worse than anything Lanzini is supposed to have done.
Last edited by bubbles1966 on Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 318 likes
Total likes: 747 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

From the refs angle behind play it looked a penalty, from sideways on it looked like Lanzini was going down well before any contact - who would be a referee.
Mega Ron

Post by Mega Ron »

Ercans wrote:Were stoke bothered when their attacked blocked our defender to score from a corner against us in the cup under Pulis? No thought not.

Lanzini has deliberately sought contact. Not 100% ethical but 100% professional in 2017. We are generally not ‘cute’ enough as a team so against this mob I really do not give one.

COYI
:crest:
I think it was 100 per cent professional up to 2016/17.

Now I think everyone is aware that it's bollox to be giving decisions in favour of players who are going down before contact.
bubbles1966

Post by bubbles1966 »

Gsbgsb wrote:from sideways on .
....in slow motion?

The game isn't played in slo-mo, players don't make judgements or tackles in slo-mo (well, some of ours have over the years), or come careering across the box in the third, maybe fourth cynical attempt to stop Manu's run.

Watch it from the start of the run - the cheats lost because they failed to hack him down and get away with it.
Longaz
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Longaz »

I might be in the minority but I really ain't too bothered about Manuel's alleged dive. There's been a good few decisions go against us already this season so as the saying goes "it'll even itself out over the season". Life's not fair and neither is football. I'm just happy to get the win and focus on Lanzini's fantastic performance in having a roll in all 3 goals.
OFT
Has liked: 3240 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by OFT »

bubbles1966 wrote:
The game isn't played in slo-mo, players don't make judgements or tackles in slo-mo (well, some of ours have over the years), or come careering across the box in the third, maybe fourth cynical attempt to stop Manu's run.

Watch it from the start of the run - the cheats lost because they failed to hack him down and get away with it.
:thup:

The biters bit..so to speak
Mega Ron

Post by Mega Ron »

It looked a dive in real time to me as well.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 937 likes
Total likes: 1951 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

I thought it was a dive at the time, but then they had a few hacks at him when he started his run from the halfway line. If he was a cheat, I think he'd have gone down when someone (Shawcross?) tried to trip him from behind just outside the area, but he rode it.

Any Stoke fan complaining would need to review the past couple of decades.

I don't like seeing it but against the team that brought us Kamara, Huth, Pullis, Walters, Shawcross, Adam et al, it seems more like poetic justice.
goof

Post by goof »

There was contact and a simulated dive at the same time, made a dog's dinner of it, but contact non the less. To put it in perspective when Craig Bellamy played for us up at Birmingham he got a penalty going away from the goal, he jumped over a challenge & got a penalty. The ref gave it because if he hadn't taken action it would have been bad, he gave the penalty for intent to foul. Steve Bruce was furious, Harry Winks had one for Spuds today & jumped over a challenge which would have been a penalty. A few minutes earlier City had a penalty when one of their players made sure they contacted the players leg after they slide in.
goof

Post by goof »

There was contact and a simulated dive at the same time, made a dog's dinner of it, but contact non the less. To put it in perspective when Craig Bellamy played for us up at Birmingham he got a penalty going away from the goal, he jumped over a challenge & got a penalty. The ref gave it because if he hadn't taken action it would have been bad, he gave the penalty for intent to foul. Steve Bruce was furious, Harry Winks had one for Spuds today & jumped over a challenge which would have been a penalty. A few minutes earlier City had a penalty when one of their players made sure they contacted the players leg after they slide in.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 947 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

goof wrote:There was contact and a simulated dive at the same time, made a dog's dinner of it, but contact non the less. To put it in perspective when Craig Bellamy played for us up at Birmingham he got a penalty going away from the goal, he jumped over a challenge & got a penalty. The ref gave it because if he hadn't taken action it would have been bad, he gave the penalty for intent to foul. Steve Bruce was furious, Harry Winks had one for Spuds today & jumped over a challenge which would have been a penalty. A few minutes earlier City had a penalty when one of their players made sure they contacted the players leg after they slide in.
when Jarvis didnt go down at arsenal away everyone praised him for being honest

sod that.. we needed the goal!

if its a foul GO DOWN AND TAKE THE PEN
aaronhammer
Has liked: 176 likes
Total likes: 41 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

Tough one really, he definitely goes down before contact (which there is) but the Stoke player doesn’t get the ball at all and if Lanzini doesn’t jump he gets wiped out and it would be a pen anyway - so is he trying to avoid potential injury by jumping, then getting contact, and going down?

Fouls can be given for intent without contact, and I thought Winks should’ve got one for Tottenham but stayed on his feet instead of looking for the penalty. Until refs start giving penalties for things like that, players are going to make sure they get the penalties by exaggerating their falls/contact.
danm79
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 100 likes

Post by danm79 »

See it live and now seen the replays and still think it was a penalty.