✍ Manuel Lanzini

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 540 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Re: Manuel Lanzini

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Stevie Wonder "ready to step in" if Lanzini out.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

im expecting david bentley
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

Snodgrass will be his replacement, after being Payets replacement 18 months earlier. Imagine that, the two most creative players we've had this century replaced each time by Robert f**king Snodgrass :lol:
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 542 likes
Total likes: 463 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

He's gonna be gone come August isn't he? :cry:
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2018 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

If he gets any serious time on the pitch in Russia, the goblins will have sold him before he even gets on a plane to come home.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

prophet:marginal wrote:If he gets any serious time on the pitch in Russia, the goblins will have sold him before he even gets on a plane to come home.
tbf if he has a half decent world cup he will be off, and that is not surprising. There isn't a single club our size who would be able to keep hold of a young, in demand Argentine international
simonirons
Has liked: 376 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by simonirons »

The only thing we can hope for would be a decent fee for him. - knowing our lot, they’ll do their beans at an offer of 25m.

prophet:marginal wrote:If he gets any serious time on the pitch in Russia, the goblins will have sold him before he even gets on a plane to come home.
Crouchend_Hammer wrote:tbf if he has a half decent world cup he will be off, and that is not surprising. There isn't a single club our size who would be able to keep hold of a young, in demand Argentine international
Yeah, I know that's right. Its disappointing, too, though.

We're really very low in the pecking order, in terms of players, aren't we?
Crouchend_Hammer

i would say with decent structure and a sensible plan we can compete with all the other teams outside the top 6
we did buy (at the time) Swansea's best player, and last summer bought Stoke's best player. we also got Hernandez. We can attract and afford decent players, but we need to buy the right players

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:i would say with decent structure and a sensible plan we can compete with all the other teams outside the top 6
we did buy (at the time) Swansea's best player, and last summer bought Stoke's best player. we also got Hernandez. We can attract and afford decent players, but we need to buy the right players
I'd make different points about each of the players you mention, as follows:

1. Ayew came and went without ever really establishing himself in the team. The fact that he was back in Swansea colours by the time they played and thrashed us is hardly an endorsement of our sensibly competing with all other non-top 6 outfits.

2. I am at a loss to understand quite why Hernandez has had such a muted first season at our club, but rather imagine it is his first and only one, too. Again, hardly long-term in its planning, and

3. I am presently wondering whether we all got just a little carried away about how brilliant Arnie was going to be for our side this season, when he went on that scoring run. Don't get me wrong, he's definitely a talent and he's probably your best example, but I still think our recruitment policies need a massive overhaul.
libero
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by libero »

Scored his first goal for Argentina vs Italy the other day

Apparently misses tonight's match in Madrid with a knee injury

Couldn't make it up :(
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

simonirons wrote:The only thing we can hope for would be a decent fee for him. - knowing our lot, they’ll do their beans at an offer of 25m.
If we stay up, we'll sell him for around 25M.

If we go down, we'll probably get more like 14M.
uptonparkhurst
Location: The World Wide Web - where men are men,women are men,and children are the Metropolitan Police
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by uptonparkhurst »

If someone like Ayew is worth 18 to 20m then surely Lanzini is worth 30m+, especially if he gets some
game-time in Russia?

Anyway, something has to fund Sully's (err.. I mean the new DoF's) summer punts so I'll be amazed if he is still here next season.
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 318 likes
Total likes: 747 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

We stay up and I reckon it is slightly better than 50/50 he stays unless he has a wonder WC that said I question how much game time he will actually get. Great WC and he is probably £50m given the prices we have seen.

We go down and he is off but we are far more over a barrel price wise £30-35m probably.

Go down and we would probably need to raise circa £70m to break even so I suspect he and Arnie will be the bulk of that. Trouble is we are then really selling those who others want to buy as opposed to those we want out. It is why the next few games are so important for the next few years.
Crouchend_Hammer

prophet:marginal wrote:

I'd make different points about each of the players you mention, as follows:

1. Ayew came and went without ever really establishing himself in the team. The fact that he was back in Swansea colours by the time they played and thrashed us is hardly an endorsement of our sensibly competing with all other non-top 6 outfits.

2. I am at a loss to understand quite why Hernandez has had such a muted first season at our club, but rather imagine it is his first and only one, too. Again, hardly long-term in its planning, and

3. I am presently wondering whether we all got just a little carried away about how brilliant Arnie was going to be for our side this season, when he went on that scoring run. Don't get me wrong, he's definitely a talent and he's probably your best example, but I still think our recruitment policies need a massive overhaul.

Tbf I wasn't commenting on the quality of those three players, or rating them as sensible signings.
Merely making the point that outside of the top 6 we can, if we wanted to, compete with the the other clubs for signings. I dont think we have fallen down the pecking order - you coukd argue leicester and everton woukd have a slight edge if all things equal (but Everton always been a bigger draw than us and Leicester won thr league less than two years ago
3hammers
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by 3hammers »

Gsbgsb wrote:We stay up and I reckon it is slightly better than 50/50 he stays unless he has a wonder WC that said I question how much game time he will actually get.
If he's on the plane I wouldn't expect to see much of him unless Messi gets injured. Either way I'll be very surprised if he's still a west ham player next season. Really hope I'm wrong
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1858 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

How much do we realistically think GSB would/will get for him this summer?

How much would Levy get in the same circumstances?
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 542 likes
Total likes: 463 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:How much do we realistically think GSB would/will get for him this summer?

£25-£35m is what I would see the clowns selling him for and I won't even dare a guess at who they would replace him with.
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 646 likes
Total likes: 1858 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

The board will claim he has to go as he won't sign a new deal and sell him for £20-25m.

We'll either get Cairney (contract running down) or Chadli (WBA relegated, desperate to offload wages) as a "replacement". I use "replacement", of course neither player will do the job he does but they're midfielders and will be announced around about the same time - that's good enough for Dave.
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 318 likes
Total likes: 747 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:How much do we realistically think GSB would/will get for him this summer?

Presuming it is a choice to sell not forced by circumstance then there are various factors.

We are what I would describe as broadly a tier 3 club in selling terms whilst in the Premier.

There are the ”super” clubs like Real, Bayern, Barca, PSG, City and Man U. They get who they want save maybe from each other.

Behind them are the “big” clubs. I would put the rest of the top 6, Juventus, Dortmund and the other major European clubs in this bracket. They get who they want from below but struggle to keep player when the tier above is interested.

Where we sit effects price, a player doing well for us has still not “done it” at the highest level so does not attract the money he would if he were at one of the “higher tier” clubs. It is why he would go for more from Spurs.

The market has gone mad but you need to look at comparisons and to my mind that is Van Dyk, similar level selling club. The very best (and in his position Van Dyk is one of those) are therefore going now for £60-70m. Lot more Lanzini’s than Van Dyk’s but would still be hoping for around £50m as I cannot see anything other than a continued increase next summer over last.

Of course the best option is he stays and we build around him and the few other quality players we have.