Manuel Lanzini

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Manuel Lanzini

Postby Clucking Bell on Mon May 14, 2018 12:26 am

I want him to stay .... not least because you just know that we'll a) sell him for half what we could get and, b) spunk the money straight up the wall.

Sadly, I think he'll have an excellent World Cup and someone will make an offer that makes Sullivan come in his pants.

Then we'll buy another Snodgrass.
Clucking Bell

Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!

Postby Jumby on Mon May 14, 2018 1:40 am

Losing him would be a real blow, he's fantastic when he's on it
Jumby

Postby Gsbgsb on Mon May 14, 2018 2:42 am

If a big club playing Champions league come in for him he will likely be off because I suspect that he will want that challenge and to some extent who could blame him. They would pay at least what we could afford if not more wages wise and he could put himself in the shop window for a move to one of the major clubs such as a Barca or Real.

Objectively he may not be up to their standard but I bet he does not think that way, indeed I would be a little disappointed if he did.

The issue is that you know the owners would not wisely reinvest what they receive. Everyone is going on about Shaqiri, personally not sure on him but if selling Lanzini meant we got to buy Mario (who I do rate) and him and then use the cash we would otherwise spend on Shaqiri on one of the mentioned defensive midfielders the overall team might be stronger albeit none of the indidual players are as good as he can be.
Gsbgsb

Postby Colours never run on Mon May 14, 2018 3:16 am

Could be wrong, but I reckon we can keep him for just 1 more season then he can move on. Can't expect to keep him for much longer than that, if indeed we can keep the vultures away this summer. My hunch is he'll stay for 1 last hurrah.

Cue him having a stormer at the world cup now...
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby szola on Mon May 14, 2018 7:34 am

Clucking Bell wrote:Sadly, I think he'll have an excellent World Cup and someone will make an offer that makes Sullivan come in his pants.

Which would mean anything above £20M.
szola

Postby Tristan Shout on Mon May 14, 2018 7:46 am

We need to do a Tottenham with him, if levy had him, he'd be saying now, "he's under contract and not for sale, he's worth £100m for us to even consider selling" get that price in everyone's head now
Unfortunately sully will say nothing and accept £15m and say he did his best to keep him
Tristan Shout
An unhealthy interest in "Dogging"

Postby Clacton-ammer on Mon May 14, 2018 8:21 am

With the Argentinian midfielders/strikers they have, will he get much playing time??? personally cannot see it today.

Cracking little player when on it, we have not seen enough of him this season.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing

Postby somerset-hammer on Mon May 14, 2018 8:22 am

Clacton-ammer wrote:With the Argentinian midfielders/strikers they have, will he get much playing time??? personally cannot see it today.

I agree.
somerset-hammer

Postby Puff Daddy on Mon May 14, 2018 8:35 am

If he was gonna leave, he would've left by now. On a completely different topic, thought Winston Reid had a good season
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Postby DasNutNock on Mon May 14, 2018 9:17 am

He'll be missed when the Daves cash in and downgrade this summer.
DasNutNock

Postby DasNutNock on Mon May 14, 2018 9:18 am

Clacton-ammer wrote:With the Argentinian midfielders/strikers they have, will he get much playing time??? personally cannot see it today.

2+ appearances or 1 goal will see his probable sale value increase by at least £5M, possibly £10M.
DasNutNock

Postby sutts07 on Mon May 14, 2018 9:23 am

If goal celebrations could talk, his on Sunday would say thank you and goodbye.

I assume the violin playing was either 'don't cry for me' or 'time to say goodbye'...?
sutts07

Postby psychoscoredthelot on Mon May 14, 2018 9:36 am

i think hes off too

they will cash in on him and get a couple of loans in instead - that my friends is the west ham way
psychoscoredthelot

Postby Hamburger on Mon May 14, 2018 9:36 am

It’s a no brainier.
For Lanzini, play CL with world class players and a 50% salary hike or stay at WH with 1 decent player and a relegation battle?
For Sully, sell for £40m and no need to stump up his own to rebuild.

Our only hope is that we get a top manager and a couple of serious signings soon to convince him to stay for the time being. That ain’t going to happen.
Hamburger

Postby sutts07 on Mon May 14, 2018 10:00 am

Genuinely can't find fault with him wanting to leave, better himself and not work for Sullivan anymore.

All part of the football food chain. Clubs like Barca take from Liverpool, who in turn take from clubs like West Ham and Southampton.

Just hope that he remembers us for taking a punt on him and backing him to become the player he has become. Lovely way to sign off.

Adios poco hombre!
sutts07

Postby somerset-hammer on Mon May 14, 2018 10:02 am

He'll go to Spurs
somerset-hammer

Postby Nick Sneddon on Mon May 14, 2018 10:13 am

Personally I don’t think they will win it, however some people think differently in reference to Liverpool winning the league next season – if Lanzini thinks they have a chance then why would he not move over there if offered, and I wouldn’t begrudge him if he did. Hes too good for us.
Nick Sneddon

Postby chigwells finest on Mon May 14, 2018 10:17 am

somerset-hammer wrote:He'll go to Spurs

would never get a cash deal only from them , we would be expected to swap 2/3 of their squad players
chigwells finest

Postby DasNutNock on Mon May 14, 2018 10:17 am

somerset-hammer wrote:He'll go to Spurs

I think the red Mancs might take an interest.
DasNutNock

Postby Mega Ron on Mon May 14, 2018 10:18 am

Clucking Bell wrote:I want him to stay .... not least because you just know that we'll a) sell him for half what we could get and, b) spunk the money straight up the wall.

Sadly, I think he'll have an excellent World Cup and someone will make an offer that makes Sullivan come in his pants.

Then we'll buy another Snodgrass.

Wouldn't it be amazing if we sold Lanzini and replaced another of our best players with the very same Snodgrass.
Mega Ron

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion