Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

woodford
Has liked: 412 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by woodford »

Samba wrote:
And, are we far more attractive to foreign investors because we're at the OS rather than UP?
Roman Abram wasn't put off from buying 'little' Chelsea; ave attendances 42k.

I would wonder if chelsea had 42,000 there prior to the takeover
Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Hayden »

brothernero wrote:Sorry about that Mr Pink P. :hush:

I had you down as more of a Rocker you see. :wink:
BROTHER NERO. I knew you’d come!
As for the brothers of dildo.... DELETE DELETE DELETE

(Probably been done before :lol: )
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

Gold & Sullivan may claim to have saved the club, but given that they took us to an athletics stadium without consulting the fans, lied about the stadium and failed to invest to take us to 'the next level', I think that in hindsight almost any other scenario than Gold & Sullivan would have been better for West Ham.
wildkard
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by wildkard »

It’s like someone jumping in the river Lea to rescue your dog, then coming round your house a few days later to beat it to death.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

It's like being resuscitated after a really bad accident, but being left paralyzed from the neck down as a result of your injuries.
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 154 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

woodford wrote:
I would wonder if chelsea had 42,000 there prior to the takeover
http://european-football-statistics.co. ... b/chls.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

39,000 the year before the russian tookover.
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

wildkard wrote:It’s like someone jumping in the river Lea to rescue your dog, then coming round your house a few days later to beat it to death.
:lol: :thup:
woodford

Post by woodford »

Knighter10WHU wrote:
http://european-football-statistics.co. ... b/chls.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

39,000 the year before the russian tookover.

yeah the year before, check out the attendance for the 1990s though, amazing what a difference buying a few big names made.
KUMB Insider

Post by KUMB Insider »

BROTHER NERO. I knew you’d come!
As for the brothers of dildo.... DELETE DELETE DELETE

(Probably been done before :lol: )

what?

hehe
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 154 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

woodford wrote:

yeah the year before, check out the attendance for the 1990s though, amazing what a difference buying a few big names made.
Ah I see, I was trying to work out what happened between 97 and 99 that made them gain almost 8,000. It looks like fa cup, league cup and uefa cup winners cup wins as well as buying big name players. Whoever thought winning cups would help a club grow in attendances and help them sign better players... Headbanger
woodford

Post by woodford »

wow dont get angry mate, just pointing out thats all

I thought they'd won those things as a result of spending money and signing good players, fair play
Caltagir

Post by Caltagir »

Getting ridiculous now.
We all know that the money coming in doesn't, in any way shape or form, represent the money going out.
Yet those who would defend the club's owners seem to treat it as a 'You can't say anything until the accounts are published!' scenario. (I'm thinking C&H here as I've been told my views are not welcome over there for commenting on our dear owners and on the confrontation in the car park and how they deserve some abuse for what they have done).
With the best will in the world, our costs have dropped massively. Our income has risen by a serious amount and our wage bill has not necessarily covered the difference. Though confirmation of Zabaletta, Hart etc will make this clearer.
I've been criticised for using terms like 'ripped off' and 'sold out' and 'promises made haven't been delivered upon'. I cannot formally prove the initial claim, though a negative net spend and a threadbare squad after statements that 'money is available' seem to back me there. Sold out? Well, again, we haven't exactly gone all guns blazing for this either. Promises made? No, they did not use the word 'promise' but they assured us the move would be bringing about 'world class players, in a world class stadium'. The stadium is largely in the hands of the LLDC but the lack of wifi, the meccano structure of the seating in the lower tier, the 'buy our stuff or bugger off' - including the somewhat dodgy pricing relationship between bottled and draught drinks - mean your at the mercy of the stadium prices in a similar way to being in Disneyland!
Then there's the promises about transport links. WTF? yes, TfL have hardly helped but where are any protests from the club when we're virtually severed from our heartland by rail closures?
In addition, the constant double talk about transfer money and targets being sourced for the future and then we spend bugger all and get in a 36 year old.
The double speak about loans/debts versus income and spend seems to be very much used to be at their advantage too.
Just fed up with seeing a club that did control its own destiny, owning its home and being content with the odd cup run seeming to have flipped to a resource free name, generically named,parasitically drawing blood from fans entity returning bugger all except double speak and good intentions which are invariably not delivered upon.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1791 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

David Gold retweeted this today
David Gold Retweeted

churchill @MF0077
10h10 hours ago
More
Replying to @MF0077 @realwesthamfans
which part am i wrong....no one was going to buy west ham thank god the davids did or we would be playing div 3 football in east london where no class players would come and play......we have to keep moving forward to try and keep up with the big clubs and that means new ground
Caltagir

Post by Caltagir »

Still in a relegation scrap, no matter our position belying this, given the number of clubs in the situation with us.
Still have an injury ravaged, aging squad which doesn't seem capable of beating relegation rivals - Brighton, Newcastle who have done the double on us, to name but two.
Still unable to compete with our rivals - similar level, not top six - on transfers, facilities for training etc.

How has moving helped?
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 744 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

For the benefit of those who said it was impossible...
Richard Conway, BBC @richard_conway
West Bromwich Albion sack chairman John Williams and chief executive Martin Goodman.
Statement: "These changes follow Albion's poor results this season which currently sees the Club at the bottom of the Premier League."
War Pony
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Post by War Pony »

How can they sack the chairman if he owns the club?
southendmadhammer

Post by southendmadhammer »

Up the Junction wrote:For the benefit of those who said it was impossible...
UTJ those two are mere employees of the club and do not own or control the decisions of the club. Guochuan Lai is the latter.

Sadly, the distinction does not exist with the dildo brothers.
ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by ashbanki »

The upcoming accounts are not going to tell you anything about last summer's trading, other than a bit of powder puffism from her ladyship, in her review.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

War Pony wrote:How can they sack the chairman if he owns the club?
At a meeting of the shareholders, a company chairman can be dismissed by a voting measure of no confidence. I think that is the way it works
Albie Beck
Has liked: 618 likes
Total likes: 639 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

War Pony wrote:How can they sack the chairman if he owns the club?
I don't think he does. He's an appointee. Or rather, ex- :D