Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

ironhammer58

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by ironhammer58 »

So Gold states. “We saved the olympic stadium from becoming a white elephant “.

Is that the purpose of a football club, to step in and save the government from an embarrassment and waste of tax payers money?

Surely it’s the job of the owners to do what’s in the best interests for the club and supporters?

For me they’ve failed on both counts.

Taxi for all three of them.
Rocket
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Rocket »

Regarding the 'racism' comment below the Independent article, it was not describing the Hitler banner as racist, it was accusing another person who commented on the Independent article of racism as the poster made an
Islamophobic comment.
Exiledin cardiff
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Exiledin cardiff »

Edited by a moderator
Last edited by sicknote on Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: RWHFAG is a closed group
europeanscum

Post by europeanscum »

that independent article...fans had a banner...oh yeh btw one of the board is jewish read this story we did about him in 2013.
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

once again

We have to remind people that this forum is not going to be used as a place to criticise or put down the running of the CLOSED RWHFAG Facebook page

The word closed means it’s for there and only there to debate it’s topics

And all this debate will be deleted as we have asked before

The RWHFAG will reply to you on their Facebook if you have grievances

Not on here

Thank you

:kumb:
Exiledin cardiff
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Exiledin cardiff »

Hold on Sicknote RWHFAG response to constructive criticism is to tell you to leave. if indicating that a post could be used to strengthen GSB position is wrong on a thread about GSB, then what do you suggest.?

I support the wanting GSB out but there are certain things that don't help liking them to Hitler is one of them.

You want to ban me then do it.
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 207 likes
Total likes: 662 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

Exiledin cardiff wrote:Hold on Sicknote RWHFAG response to constructive criticism is to tell you to leave. if indicating that a post could be used to strengthen GSB position is wrong on a thread about GSB, then what do you suggest.?

I support the wanting GSB out but there are certain things that don't help liking them to Hitler is one of them.

You want to ban me then do it.
What the group chose to do on their Facebook page is for them to manage and deal with. What you debate on here is for us to manage and deal with. Cross referencing the two is not something helpful to either of us. If you have a legitimate beef with the Facebook page, deal with their team. I wouldn't expect you to take up an issue of moderation on here on that page.

If you want to debate an issue around antisemitism and how you believe that affects any protest, you can do so without directly referencing or quoting from the Facebook page which is a closed group that invites members to participate. It's not for you to decide which supporters outside those invited have access to information on a closed group. People have the option to join themselves.
simon hammer
Has liked: 993 likes
Total likes: 748 likes

Post by simon hammer »

My post a page back was purely to highlight that, in my own opinion, the banner comparing our owners to Hitler was an incredibly poor choice of words at a very, very sensitive time for supporters of this great club. The great fear for me is that the media and social media will jump all over it and portray our struggle in completely the wrong light. In no way was the intention to have a go at those who run the RWHFAG on Facebook and it certainly wasn't intended to use this forum as a place to do so. Feel free to moderate or delete as appropriate.
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 207 likes
Total likes: 662 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

Carry on
Hatcham Iron
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Hatcham Iron »

ironhammer58 wrote:So Gold states. “We saved the olympic stadium from becoming a white elephant “.

Is that the purpose of a football club, to step in and save the government from an embarrassment and waste of tax payers money?

Surely it’s the job of the owners to do what’s in the best interests for the club and supporters?

For me they’ve failed on both counts.

Taxi for all three of them.
If we,d have stayed out of it tha powers to be would have been forced either to bulldoz it or turnit into a stadium fit for football then g, s and the baronesswould have had to put their money where their mouths are or to build the new east stand at the boleyn
Rays Rock
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Post by Rays Rock »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
Kialos
Has liked: 1545 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

Anyone who thinks comparing Hitlers bombing of the east end to two spivs running a football club on a banner is the way forward needs needs to have a word with themselves.

It is stuff like this that gives the board, their supporters and social media plants a very easy hit against us.
Caltagir

Post by Caltagir »

Rio wrote:
Stature wise more of a Napoleon. And without the benefit of being a ziggy piggy
Don’t quite get the animosity toward the banner. After all, Hitler didn’t destroy our home, whereas the ‘Dildo Bros’ managed it. Not sure why the banner received such vitriol.

Given air guitar is impossible of here, I’ll merely comment on your ‘excellent’ reference with, ‘69 dudes!’
GrahamF
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by GrahamF »

Hitler may not have destroyed 'our home' but he certainly destroyed thousands of east end homes and killed thousands. No comparison to what's happened to our club.
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

GrahamF wrote:Hitler may not have destroyed 'our home' but he certainly destroyed thousands of east end homes and killed thousands. No comparison to what's happened to our club.
To be fair he did destroy part of the West stand and South bank by dropping a bomb on it whilst GSB knocked the whole ground down. So there is a link.
DevonshireRoad

Post by DevonshireRoad »

I’ll be marching but have always felt the ‘message’ is not entirely clear. Granted we all have ‘opinions’ eg. suggesting GSB have done more damage to the east end than Hitler.Bbut working with the facts would serve the cause better like the tackling them on promises they are on record making that have not been delivered.

The Hitler banner was naive, Hitler is divisive, like it or lump it. PR gaffes like this don’t help the fans position or perception in the wider media context.

I can’t believe within the fan base there are not some very experienced PR / Press officers who could offer much need messaging and strategy to the cause. Lets utilise them.

There should be a key message or messages that we all march under. Which of these is it?

- the stadium
- lack of long term transfer policy
- the distance to the pitch
- the roof
- the badge
- the tacky newspaper column
- kids on twitter
- the memorial garden

We need to be able to play the board at their own game, which is spin and PR, again like it or lump it. March and protest again and again to apply pressure but lets have a joined up strategy to support the passion.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6759 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

The message from what I can tell is crystal clear. Those marching are not happy with how the Club is being run and the direction the Club has gone in since the move.

Every type of personal grievance fans then have fall under that united message held by all who will attend.

Nobody will be marching who are happy with how it's going.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Rio wrote:Stature wise more of a Napoleon. And without the benefit of being a ziggy piggy
"Pay????!!!"
BromleyHammer
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by BromleyHammer »

^^^

Excellent 8-)
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Pop Robson wrote:They were doing 40% before Xmas, now 54%
bubbles1966 wrote: That just tells you how much money they are making, Pop.

Standard "fashion" mark up is 2.7 to 3x 'cost' IIRC.

60%-66% 'discount' would be break even.

It's probably higher on a football shirt because of brand loyalty. Maximum mark up.
Break even prices now !

Down to £20 and its still Feb, next level where are the 50,000 diehards snapping these shirts up