Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by Mega Ron »

They are idiots.

There are dozens of West Ham fans in my family who have abstained from spending money on the club since pretty much the start of the season.

That's a lot of money they'll lose if there are many more like us. At this point in time they have no goodwill worth speaking of.
Marky
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Marky »

Romford wrote:They getting the booze sorted yet...just how is the "experience" ?

It's awful. Club London is the biggest waste of money I have spent.

Incompetent staff, awful service, TVs on the blink, wi-fi promised in October now not happening, always trying to upsell, no account managers, more emails to part with more cash.

I could go on.
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1302 likes
Total likes: 679 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

Alan Pardew's Dad wrote:In summary, Gold and Sullivan are far from perfect, but we could end up with worse if we are not careful. I'm sure we will be sold to whoever meets the price they are looking for. I just hope the new owners are not even worse.
Sorry APD, but that's yet another indictment of them if the best that can be said of them is that we could end up with worse. This isn't having a go at you, honestly it isn't, but is just a general comment - the defences being put up for this board are just getting weaker and weaker and harder and harder to sustain.

No one but no one is saying "they're terrific, we believe them and think what they are doing is great". I used to be much more even handed about this lot but sorry, too much evidence has accumulated over the years for me to give them the benefit of the doubt. I was not anti the move but it's clear that we have owners who saw the move as the prize itself rather than as an opportunity to even try to take us to the mythical next level.

It might be worth pondering what the Daves would have chosen if they could only have had the move or could 'only' have had an FA Cup win. I'd guess that an increasing amount would come to the same conclusion.
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

Diogenes wrote: I am still 'Pro' the move and believe it will be to our long term advantage. Its a different view. It doesn't make me blind, thick, pro board, stupid etc. etc.
Its great your positive about the move etc and of course your view is as important as anyones. But how do you see it panning out ? Are you thinking they will sell and new owners will be able to flatten the OS and build a football stadium or do you think G & S will invest in top players ? I love your optimism but can't see how they will push us forward with little investment.
Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by Diogenes »

hadleighhammer wrote:
Do you have a rationale for this, or is it just blind optimism and wanting the glass to be half-full?

I think more of the latter than the former.
I have been going to West Ham for over 45 years so have an affinity to the Upton Park and the Boleyn. However, I like my seat and view. I think the Stadium looks great. My journey is much easier. I find easier to get a burger etc. I find the atmosphere no worse than the latter years at the Boleyn and have experienced it very good (which means it is possible), I can take more of my family and friends. Some of those friends are enjoying it for the first time in a long time due to cheaper seats. Major downside is **** football.

Yes there is lots I am not happy with ie, price and queuing for beer (to be fair no worse than Boleyn), nowhere to put my drink (agree Mr Pink), stewarding poor (although getting better), a bit of a 'soulless' walk to the Stadium (at least to the main walk to Stadium). Of course I would like the seating a bit closer to the pitch and the concrete infrastructure (ie non retractable seating) is a bit naff but that be sorted out in time. But overall it as I expected (except for the non retractable seating).

Is that fair enough?
taffhammer

Post by taffhammer »

Romford wrote:The bottom line of all this is...

None of this is our fault IMHO.

The only thing keeping us together is tradition....and that will only go so far with some.
Its a good point, we have put up with a lot this season.
Porkeyes
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Porkeyes »

I am surprised there isn't more venom directed their way on match days. Ince, Defoe, Fatty ,Y's, Wall, Sheff Utd, Luton, Bond schemes, plastic pitches on Valentines day. All of of these lovely things are insignificant when compared to what the liars have done. Time to step it up / get a bit more vocal with them at home games. I'm not on Facebook / Twitter but I trust those of you that are hound them every time they poke their heads up?

We should not rest until they are gone. Their actions have basically ruined supporting West Ham at home games through their greed. Even if it was actually half decent over there and promises delivered it would still have taken some nuts to move us from that place but to actually lie and for it to be so ****. The audacity and arragance of it.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

That is all very nice Diogenes but how does any of that make us significantly more successful club under G&S&B?

For me, my view is good (130). The rest is **** or I simply do not care. For the club, I cannot see how the Athletics Track will help us "progress to the next level". It just paid of some debt for the owners.
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

the pink palermo wrote:Simple test of their competence .

Will every section of the ground have shelves up so supporters can place their coffee cups on while taking a break at half time or before the game ?

A dozen tradesmen could do that in a day .
Seeing as we are merely renting the stadium, perhaps we are not able to make such adjustments to it
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

With regards to the stadium. I was initially pro-move. But witnessed first hand the lies, manipulation, smokescreening and disdain they used to get the result they wanted.That set the alarm bells ringing.

The North Korean style YouGov survey should have set the alarms going off for everybody else.

They have been relentless in their pursuit to deceive ever since the green light to jump to Stratford was given.

Since then everything has been sought to be done as cheaply as possible. Forget the stadium rental nonsense. Basic improvements as requested by us, who go week in, week out, would only stand to make the place a better venue for all other events there. Yet barriers are put in place to prevent that. The club blaming the stadium operators unsurprisingly .

While I love the view from my seat, I actually quite like the surroundings, I don't have a major issue with things that can't be ironed out relatively simply, you know these 2(3?) will not seek to make things better. Because it will come out of their pocket.

Do the stadium tour. Look behind the gloss and see some of the real problems. Poorly fitted items, threadbare carpets to name but a few things. Listen to those who have payed top dollar and been let down. Listen to those who stand in the trenches and listen to the way they've been treated.

Like their former line of business these lot are all fur coat and no knickers.
wildkard
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by wildkard »

Romford wrote:The bottom line of all this is...

None of this is our fault IMHO.
I actually disagree with that. Booing at half time, not bothering to turn up to games, leaving in droves way before the end, fighting our own fans, fighting stewards and constant digs at "the athletics bowl", "soulless bowl", "the rented stadium".. .surely none of that is in any way positive?
Slacking student
Has liked: 6 likes

Post by Slacking student »

The more I read this thread the angrier I become, it's gone from just a depression at the state we are in to full blown anger that this shower of **** board.

Get rid of the shysters this instant. I'm not saying I'm done with the lot but whilst they are in charge they will not see another penny of my already limited income. c****
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Marky wrote: It's awful. Club London is the biggest waste of money I have spent.

Incompetent staff, awful service, TVs on the blink, wi-fi promised in October now not happening, always trying to upsell, no account managers, more emails to part with more cash.

I could go on.
So the one thing they should be good it...looking after the big bucks...they cannot do.

If they can't do that...the mere mortals in the stands have no chance.

Know the price of everything...but the value of nothing

:asleep:
Last edited by Romford on Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by ashbanki »

Gold and Sullivan have been in charge just over 6 1/2 seasons.They inherited a manager and have employed three in that time.The list of strikers they have bought,loaned or re-signed -
McCarthy-Vaz Te-Piquionne-Petric-Maiga-Carroll-Cole-Mido-Ilan-Montenegro-Carew-Baldock-Maynard-Ba-Keane-Boriello-Chamakh-Paulista-Zarate-Valencia-Sakho-Nene-Jelavic-Eminike-Ayew-Zaza-Fletcher-Calleri-Martinez. 29!!
Everton,in same period - 15
Southampton (the revolving door club) 15
West Brom - 14.
Can Sullivan,honestly, claim that all those managers had the same scattergun approach?
He can cherry pick whichever strikers he likes from that list and claim the rest were the managers' choices, but the fact is that his desperation for the "look at me","marquee" "show of intent" signing has been a catastrophic failure,imo.
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1302 likes
Total likes: 679 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

Slacking student wrote:I'm not saying I'm done with the lot but whilst they are in charge they will not see another penny of my already limited income.
Good man. Snap. They've had £12 out of me this season for the Domzale game and that was a school boy error on my part as I was pissed when a mate asked me if I wanted a ticket. The only other times I've gone have been when mates haven't been able to - not one more penny until they're history.

We just need another 29,998 more to decide not to enable these c**** and prolong their tenure and then the game will be up for them. :scarfer:
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

wildkard wrote: I actually disagree with that. Booing at half time, not bothering to turn up to games, leaving in droves way before the end, fighting our own fans, fighting stewards and constant digs at "the athletics bowl", "soulless bowl", "the rented stadium".. .surely none of that is in any way positive?
Booing at half time ?? That has happened for the last 100 plus years....

Leaving before the end ?? Lack of enjoyment, mare at the station and of course this happened at the Boleyn too

Fighting Stewards ??? The stewarding has been awful...as has been the moving of the fans and of course the segregation.

All come down to the people in charge again...this whole thing should be better. They are paying people a lot of money to do that.....and although it is improving it should never have been that bad.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1791 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

I remember a Birmingham supporter posting on here when G&S bought West Ham.

He basically predicted everything that is happening now, from promising Neymar and getting Paulista, undermining the manager in the press, to cashing in on the club's assets.

I wish I'd kept the post, I've tried searching for it without success. Perhaps one of the penthouse inhabitants of KUMB Towers might be able to dig it out?
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:I remember a Birmingham supporter posting on here when G&S bought West Ham.

He basically predicted everything that is happening now, from promising Neymar and getting Paulista, undermining the manager in the press, to cashing in on the club's assets.

I wish I'd kept the post, I've tried searching for it without success. Perhaps one of the penthouse readers of KUMB Towers might be able to dig it out?
Changed for you :wink:
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:I remember a Birmingham supporter posting on here when G&S bought West Ham.

I wish I'd kept the post, I've tried searching for it without success. Perhaps one of the penthouse inhabitants of KUMB Towers might be able to dig it out?
Some of the stick he got to....be laughing his tits off if he came back on here now
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1791 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Romford :lol: