Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

bubbles500

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by bubbles500 »

Systematically stripping the squad. Compare 15/16 squad to now. If more than 1 of Lanzini Arnie Antonio are here next season I’ll be amazed.
hammer1975
Has liked: 980 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

That Razzle Dazzle GSB clip is absolutely brilliant. The song is perfect in summarising their PR strategy (in my opinion). Thanks for posting
wobble
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by wobble »

Even now when I read back on what these 3 have done to us I still have to pinch myself its real.

They really are asset stripping us and at the same time having a bit of fun, like someone said earlier, even his son has got involved running the women’s team, is there no end to their talents.

One thing I will never except in life is greed, these 3 are just greedy to the core and they wear it like a badge of honour, it’s discussing.

When I think of my old granddad who like most people didn’t have much money going football and helping to build the club it is today only for this lot to take the lion share of what generations of working class people have paid into and let’s not forget about T.Brown sticking his hands in the till to the tune of 40 odd million and still lords it up every game with a free ticket and 3 course meal.

Would love if the press started hounding them, they ****ing deserve everything coming their way.
Kialos
Has liked: 1545 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

JohnnyMoncs wrote:
Them being white has nothing to do with anything.

I can use whatever factual non offensive descriptors I like. They are white, male and British.
DM
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by DM »

That's a fact!
Kialos
Has liked: 1545 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

More asset stripping from our white British male owners today. I guess that's more money we wont see again. The deal Sullivan negotiated on the Fonte purchase was idiotic, especially now he is sold at a lower fee. Sooner they go the better.
dodger
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3
Has liked: 277 likes
Total likes: 406 likes

Post by dodger »

Based on the best non-biased reports (it’s tricky as a few of these were undisclosed fees), Fonte leaving takes our spending this season to...

Transfers In: 50.7 million spent
Transfers out: 58.5 million received.

A net profit of nearly 8 million.

Other clubs to make a profit on transfers this season: Southampton, Swansea (probably). Both clubs sold individual players for huge sums. Even Newcastle, whose fans vociferously criticise their owner, spent a decent chunk of money. In fact given that they went down despite spending about 75 million last time you could argue that in terms of board investment in the team Newcastle are relatively fortunate to have the owners they do.

See this is my biggest gripe with the Daves. Not the stadium as it is with many, however disappointing it has been in some ways. It’s the chronic lack of investment throughout the club, not only in terms of transfers, and the fact that this lack of investment has revealed their claims of being West Ham fans and having the club’s best interests at heart to be b*llocks. True West Ham fans would never take money out of the club for their own benefit, or lie to their fellow supporters so often about it.

March on the 10th.
Last edited by dodger on Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Post by Samba »

hammer1975 wrote:That Razzle Dazzle GSB clip is absolutely brilliant. The song is perfect in summarising their PR strategy (in my opinion). Thanks for posting
It was superb. Now if I can only get that song out of my head!
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

ONLY WAY IT WILL IMPROVE IS WHEN THEY LEAVE.

THE MARCH IS THE START.

they sold our home, they sold a nightmare to us, they rented a bowl, they dont care about WHU.

Board out - red bull in, at least they invest in their teams. RB Leipzig do ok . currently 5th a point off 2nd place.

imagine us being in that position, regular european football.

we are better supported and a bigger club. the future would be encouraging.
we couldnt compete with city united but could the rest .

IF ONLY
chappo59
Location: In a land far far away where away defeats are frowned upon
Has liked: 398 likes
Total likes: 226 likes

Post by chappo59 »

The dazzle dazzle video is spot on :thup: if only we could show it at the march, it sums up very well why we are marching..........keep up the pressure keep hounding the scum out
Believer
Has liked: 1428 likes
Total likes: 764 likes

Post by Believer »

dodger wrote:Based on the best non-biased reports (it’s tricky as a few of these were undisclosed fees), Fonte leaving takes our spending this season to...

A net profit of nearly 8 million.
Quite. This also doesn't include the most probable sale of Snodgrass for another £8m or so. Weren't the comments about having to move to compete with the top 6 ?

2 players in 4 windows we've brought in since the move that you'd class as top signings and a turnover of around 15 others. It's shocking.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5673 likes
Total likes: 3095 likes

Post by MB »

dodger wrote:Based on the best non-biased reports (it’s tricky as a few of these were undisclosed fees), Fonte leaving takes our spending this season to...

A net profit of nearly 8 million. .
And because of the number of moves involved and how they run that side of the business you can bet your life that a big chunk of that £8m ended up in the pockets of agents.

Even when they asset strip, they are no bloody good at it!
Fishdo
Has liked: 105 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Fishdo »

With those figures on sales it also don’t include loans out and saved wages against income...
sgb1972
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by sgb1972 »

Having reduced the squad as much as we have, we’ll need a load of new players in the summer, never easy trying to integrate so many in one go.
Exiledin cardiff
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Exiledin cardiff »

Who is going to want to buy us? Or at least meet Sullivans valuation in excess of £ 650.mill that's what he said he turned down.

Next investment in the squad of at least £150.MIll £20 mill gets you an average prem player.

Next improve the stadium again I would say another £100 mill

that's £900 mill start up cost.

That's some pretty tasty figures we won't be sold we will just be left to rot run on a shoestring doing just enough to stay up, until a buyer with megabucks to spend comes along.

It's not going to get any better under this stewardship, strap yourself in it's going to be a bumpy ride
Alan Pardew's Dad
Has liked: 861 likes
Total likes: 673 likes

Post by Alan Pardew's Dad »

Exiledin cardiff wrote:Who is going to want to buy us? Or at least meet Sullivans valuation in excess of £ 650.mill that's what he said he turned down.
With the current state of affairs, he'd do well to get his money back.

If he really did turn down £650m, which I don't believe for one minute, but if he did, he would really live to regret that.

No one in their right mind would pay over £650m for little more than a few average players, a small bit of land for the training ground and a crap brand.

You can buy Sunderland for free (well, just the value of debts of over £100m) and that would be a miles better investment for anyone looking to invest in football. Or wait till they go bust and pay even less.
maltab

Post by maltab »

Was Sullivan at Anfield today ?
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1296 likes
Total likes: 684 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

sgb1972 wrote:Having reduced the squad as much as we have, we’ll need a load of new players in the summer, never easy trying to integrate so many in one go.
I don’t think we need to worry about that. We’ve never had a full, sufficient squad in the eight years they’ve been here. Can’t see why that would change this summer.
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1296 likes
Total likes: 684 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

Exiledin cardiff wrote:Who is going to want to buy us? Or at least meet Sullivans valuation in excess of £ 650.mill that's what he said he turned down.
I’ve turned down £4 million for my terraced house in Kent. I’d happily take a million for it. :)
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1515 likes
Total likes: 3180 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Not sure comparing them to Hitler on a banner today was the best idea.