Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Barnet Steve
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by Barnet Steve »

It's the feeling of being voiceless and powerless that is the most galling.

I refuse to spend a brass farthing on the club all the time GSB are there, and I know they are in for the long haul. Over the summer months all the same old ***** will manifest: big names linked, big money on someone we don't need, underwhelming managerial appointment, no DoF, Jack back on Twitter leaking stories.

I'm just over it. The march was our last hope, but the momentum has been lost and GSB have weathered the storm. It's theirs to cock up and, despite countless indicators that their mismanagement will backfire, they will continue to deceive themselves and us until it all collapses.
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 539 likes
Total likes: 458 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

Barnet Steve wrote:It's the feeling of being voiceless and powerless that is the most galling.

I refuse to spend a brass farthing on the club all the time GSB are there, and I know they are in for the long haul. Over the summer months all the same old ***** will manifest: big names linked, big money on someone we don't need, underwhelming managerial appointment, no DoF, Jack back on Twitter leaking stories.

I'm just over it. The march was our last hope, but the momentum has been lost and GSB have weathered the storm. It's theirs to cock up and, despite countless indicators that their mismanagement will backfire, they will continue to deceive themselves and us until it all collapses.
:thup:
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2481 likes
Total likes: 4377 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Fagin and Scrooge really do seem to be coated in Teflon, don't they?

A 19 year old kid made a mistake today at CB (not his first in the last few months), and this lot sold Jose Fonte and banked £5m in January.

Fonte, Ayew and Sakho were all held back pending sale in January yet this doesn't get mentioned when grumbling about our cup performances.

And today, the only midfield cover Moyes had was Josh Cullen - a player who was struggling to get a game at Bolton - because this mob "failed to land" Dendoncker, just as they had "failed to land" Carvalho.

Meanwhile they banked how much? And that was before January's windfall.

Shut Up, Sell Up and f*** Off.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4922 likes

Post by -DL- »

bubbles1966 wrote:Shut Up, Sell Up and **** Off.

But it's all Moyes's fault doncha know...
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

......and don't forget before the season started they bragged that they budgeted for 10th place, all on a £20m net spend. The completely out of touch couple of c****
Marky
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 182 likes

Post by Marky »

I hate them so much. The minute we are safe mathematically we need to cane them non stop at matches.
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

The responsibility lies with them, no question.
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1504 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

Good post, Bubbs. You've been saying for years that we should be strengthening at the back nowhere else and I hope plenty of fans see this post.

Rice and Moyes were not the problem today. They've made mistakes but they haven't purposely but West Ham's future in jeopardy to line their own pockets.

These two are scum and this thread needs to stay as high as possible.
smuts
Has liked: 1532 likes
Total likes: 1489 likes

Post by smuts »

bubbles1966 wrote:Fagin and Scrooge really do seem to be coated in Teflon, don't they?

A 19 year old kid made a mistake today at CB (not his first in the last few months), and this lot sold Jose Fonte and banked £5m in January.

Fonte, Ayew and Sakho were all held back pending sale in January yet this doesn't get mentioned when grumbling about our cup performances.

And today, the only midfield cover Moyes had was Josh Cullen - a player who was struggling to get a game at Bolton - because this mob "failed to land" Dendoncker, just as they had "failed to land" Carvalho.

Meanwhile they banked how much? And that was before January's windfall.

Shut Up, Sell Up and **** Off.

Pair of old crooks. Can't wait to see what top targets we fail to land this summer while they scrabble around for instalment deals half the price in the background.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

They will struggle big time to attract anybody any good. Even the likes of Butland and Joe Allen won't fancy another relegation threatened season
hammer1975
Has liked: 978 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

I hope, irrespective of where we end up, that as many of us as possible stay in the ground at the end of the Everton game and sing 'you're not fit to run the club' over and over and over rather than meekly disappear off ready to take the same **** next year.

They are getting off unbelievably lightly

#GSBOUT
Believer
Has liked: 1421 likes
Total likes: 758 likes

Post by Believer »

hammer1975 wrote:I hope, irrespective of where we end up, that as many of us as possible stay in the ground at the end of the Everton game and sing 'you're not fit to run the club' over and over and over rather than meekly disappear off ready to take the same **** next year.

They are getting off unbelievably lightly

#GSBOUT
I noticed today that when their mugs were on the screens at the Emirates there was a massive boo to be heard. Either that or it was pure coincidence.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 798 likes
Total likes: 3010 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

bubbles1966 wrote:Meanwhile they banked how much? And that was before January's windfall.

Shut Up, Sell Up and **** Off.
Bubbles I am of the opinion they have now taken all of the money out of the club that they loaned it.

If I'm right that means they have ripped £45m of cash out of the club this season. We won't know this for sure until next February.........by which time I expect them to have gone.

Currently we have the following conditions

A depleted, ageing squad

Have no long term liability of a contract with a manager

Have no head of recruitment or DoF

Have an ageing owner and another in poorish health

Have a VC who has no interest in football whatsoever

And if I'm correct no debt.

Perfect conditions for a snap sale - all that we are waiting for is confirmation we will be in the PL next season.
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1776 likes

Post by hammers92 »

I really bloody hope we go down
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

They really have had such an easy ride compared to what they’ve put us fans through.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

the pink palermo wrote:
Perfect conditions for a snap sale - all that we are waiting for is confirmation we will be in the PL next season.
Let's hope they've found another Chinese hairdresser!

So hot right now.
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1296 likes
Total likes: 684 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

the pink palermo wrote:If I'm right that means they have ripped £45m of cash out of the club this season. We won't know this for sure until next February.........by which time I expect them to have gone.
February. A bit more than nine months away.

After the march was cancelled by the RWHFAG was it Swallow or Morgan who said something along the lines of see what happens in nine (I remember that was very specific) months as if they had been told that / promised(?) that something significant would happen early next year.

Bearing in mind they would have been told that by this club whether what they were told is true is another matter. And there has to be some doubt as to whether it was ever said to them at all and they simply said it to buy time in the face of fan anger and reaction that even they could not quell.

Or maybe this ties in with the idea that the parasites do indeed want out. I remain of the opinion that the end game for them started belatedly for us fans but prematurely for their optimum get out time sometime between Swansea away and by the time the dust had settled after the Burnley home game. Game was up then - I think they would have realised that.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2481 likes
Total likes: 4377 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

It's all downside for them from here-on-in.

There's no growth in the value of the club, the USP has gone and the risk of relegation is escalating.

It looks like they are trying to cash out. I reckon they're sweating buckets on Moyes keeping the club 17th. It all smells of cut and run.
Dwight1970
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Dwight1970 »

I am still trying to get someone to tell me why we would a good investment for anyone at anything like the valuation that seems to being bandied around for the club?

Anyone who buys the club basically buys a Premier League place, if they want a team to maintain that status they will need to be spend further money and if they want to play in a football stadium they either to spend more money on buying and doing up the London Stadium or building a new one elsewhere, surely anyone with clever enough to accumulate the sort of wealth to that will be smart enough to look elsewhere?

The only ways that I can ever see the above becoming reality is first the most unlikely scenario that we become successful on the pitch and have a playing squad that justifies a high asking price or the more likely one is the asking price drops significantly something that I can only either seeing happening if we end up in the Football League for a few seasons.

Until either of those things happen any investor of any credibility will look elsewhere to put their money, the reality is the club has been run to benefit Gold and Sullivan to the extent that only when they can stop benefiting from it are we ever likely to be sold.
costa75
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by costa75 »

the pink palermo wrote:
We won't know this for sure until next February.........by which time I expect them to have gone.

One can only hope that this is true?