Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

bubbles500

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by bubbles500 »

The words of the owners have a huge bearing on how the club is perceived in all manner of ways.[/quote]

This it's hugely important in lots of aspects from potential sponsors thinking we are run by clowns to potential signings .virtually every young player is now on twitter .Gold is essentially a laughing stock on twitter which of course reflects on the club .even if it goes into a players subconscious a bit .imagine he gets say 2 identical offers one from say palace and one from us .Theres every chance his first impression of us as a club is already formed therefore influencing his decision
Ted Fenton
Location: Rural Sevilla & the quieter part of Costa del Sol, sunny Spain
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Ted Fenton »

bubbles500 wrote:it's hugely important in lots of aspects from potential sponsors thinking we are run by clowns to potential signings
If you think that business executives and football agents allow their decisions to be influenced by the sort of stuff that Gold puts on Twitter then you really do have no concept of sound business decision making. He would have to tweet things that appeared relevant and actually damaging. The postings of an old duffer might cause a smile but would not affect decisions.
Do I think he tweets too much? Yes I do, but in the same way as I feel many people do.
As for that juvenile and offensive remark by another KUMBer that I lick the arses of the owners, I've said many times that I am not a fan of the 2Ds. There are far more important failures than the tweetings of an old man. But if you want to think that my opinion and remarks show me to be an arse licker, then so be it for I shall lose no sleep.
Diogenes
Has liked: 477 likes
Total likes: 1199 likes

Post by Diogenes »

Edited by a moderator

Last time I looked you weren't a moderator

So any posts like the one we have edited will be deleted

Thank you
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2391 likes

Post by Ozza »

Believe me big business doesn't give a monkeys about golds tweeting, the teams on field performance and dwindling fan base however
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Typical West Ham table, we are in the bottom 3. :oops:
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

Do you think any large multi million poumd corporation would allow themselves to be represented by some 80 yr old duffer or 2 teenage kids on social media .Of course they fing wouldn't .

Could you ever imagine this happening with Chelsea or Man U or spurs its farcical tbh
ballantine
Has liked: 1317 likes
Total likes: 235 likes

Post by ballantine »

Kialos wrote:I don't recall ever seeing David Gold being described as too honest before, first for everything.
He's too honest the same way Donald Trump is too honest: Sometimes he thinks before he tweets, and produces some strategicly manufactured lie. Other times he just bursts out with what he actually thinks, creating all kinds of mess around him.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2486 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Post by sendô »

It'd be interesting to see what our real attendance was, rather than merely tickets sold. I'd wager it's more like 45k.
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

sendô wrote:It'd be interesting to see what our real attendance was, rather than merely tickets sold. I'd wager it's more like 45k.
We have probally gone from 45 - 56,000 this season which for a club with a record attendance of 42,000 is fantastic. I'd love to know the real figures.
Rocket
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Rocket »

Jack Sullivan has been appointed Managing Director of the ladies' club. http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017 ... dies-plans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wembley1966
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

^^^ If it's a full-time role for Jack and he will not be taking a wage from the Club, then what are the fringe benefits he'll be getting from the position?
Bury Me @ The Boleyn

Post by Bury Me @ The Boleyn »

Rocket wrote:Jack Sullivan has been appointed Managing Director of the ladies' club. http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017 ... dies-plans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
How old is Jack now?
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

Wembley1966 wrote:what are the fringe benefits he'll be getting from the position?
Access all areas, including the shower and changing rooms? Official bra fitter?
mushy
Has liked: 651 likes
Total likes: 874 likes

Post by mushy »

Wembley1966 wrote:^^^ If it's a full-time role for Jack and he will not be taking a wage from the Club, then what are the fringe benefits he'll be getting from the position?
Wembley, I hardly think that young Jack sending a weekly tweet about about the ladies team is a full time job, on the other hand you never know.
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

It's pretty horrendous news tbh obviously being groomed to take over the reigns
last.caress
Star Raid-er
Location: Eyes that shine, burnin' red. Dreams of you all through my head.
Has liked: 1241 likes
Total likes: 1649 likes

Post by last.caress »

Bury Me @ The Boleyn wrote:How old is Jack now?
Seventeen.
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

KPMG valuation list of top European clubs came out today .Not in top 32 with 32nd club valued at £195m .so looks like the £650m valuation was utter bollox .thats 2 lists now valuing us less than £200m
Coops
Has liked: 449 likes
Total likes: 590 likes

Post by Coops »

Wembley1966 wrote:^^^ If it's a full-time role for Jack and he will not be taking a wage from the Club, then what are the fringe benefits he'll be getting from the position?
He gets to hang around the changing room.
brooking_1980
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 61 likes

Post by brooking_1980 »

They need to keep the club for a few more years to avoid that lump going to the Government. They must have thought it was Christmas when they managed to buy West Ham. Shifting us from Upton Park to the OS, so many unanswered questions about that one, regarding the consideration, whilst it was sold to David's friend at Galliard Homes, I would not be surprised if something comes out of that in the future. The dereliction of the Supporters Club, who kept it together after the war. Now we have the season Ticket renewal period, come and get them, before they're gone, mantra. Pay now so you can relocate, no money back. There's a possibility that upgraded child Tickets cost less than a Season Ticket for certain matches. If you can't attend a match, do put it on Ticket Exchange so the club can get even more cash. If you attend less than 7 matches, which means you're not putting it on Ticket Exchange, the club reserves the right to take away your Ticket. The distance of the seats from the action for crying out loud.

This has been the worst season I can remember in a very long time, barring relegation, but even then, we were in it together. Sadly, we are not West Ham anymore, thanks to the Board.
Wembley1966
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

bubbles500 wrote:KPMG valuation list of top European clubs came out today .Not in top 32 with 32nd club valued at £195m .so looks like the £650m valuation was utter bollox .thats 2 lists now valuing us less than £200m
Part of the KPMG assessment of value includes:
  • Stadium ownership
    Beside players’ registrations, a club’s stadium is one of the most relevant
    assets of a football team. A club-owned stadium generally represents more
    opportunity to generate revenues. Therefore, ownership of the home ground
    is also considered in our formula.
https://www.footballbenchmark.com/footb ... eport_2017

Leicester 16th at €482m!

Forbes should be publishing their valuation of clubs this week as well.