Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

pezza20
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 1058 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by pezza20 »

Fishdo wrote:Anyone know what the commotion in the corporate/ Directors area last night...??

I saw some poor pics of a lot of supporters all looking behind them toward the Directors area but couldn’t see what was going on...

Anyone know?

Cheers
A fight ensued with 2 blokes being knocked out and police called apparently.
Fishdo
Has liked: 105 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Fishdo »

Thanks Pezza mate....

The inference from what I read was it was around the board rather than supporters...

Unless Dave went mental.... ;)
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1787 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Will there be lifetime bans?
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Will there be lifetime bans?
wouldn't surprise me if they staged the whole thing with this as the end goal.
Peaches
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 793 likes

Post by Peaches »

Can they just sell up and leave us in peace now rather than pieces if they stay any longer, Amanda Stavely (or really her clients) , Alisher Usmanov (If he sells his stake to Kroenke) Mukesh Ambani, Lakshmi Mittall, Frank Lowy , Robert Kraft, Mark Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos and Hassan Abdullah Ismaik have all been linked with interest in buying a premier league club can we not do anything to convince them that they should firm up a bid?
Fishdo
Has liked: 105 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Fishdo »

It’s like having a race dog that all the medical advice recommends is put down and the owners thinking they can still get a season out of it.. with the bonus of saving on the euthanasia fees..!!

They have created a situation that is now untenable for Slav yet they won’t do anything to resolve it...

Disgraceful.... they are tearing this club into pieces..
scotnob

Post by scotnob »

Peaches wrote:Can they just sell up and leave us in peace now rather than pieces if they stay any longer, Amanda Stavely (or really her clients) , Alisher Usmanov (If he sells his stake to Kroenke) Mukesh Ambani, Lakshmi Mittall, Frank Lowy , Robert Kraft, Mark Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos and Hassan Abdullah Ismaik have all been linked with interest in buying a premier league club can we not do anything to convince them that they should firm up a bid?

For that category of buyer, not owning a stadium would be a big negative I'd imagine.

Not having a team could be a bit of a turn off too.
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 690 likes
Total likes: 1606 likes

Post by chalks »

Sauce! wrote:They saved us, remember. :thdn:

This myth is finally being seen for what it is
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:I bet Neville and Carragher laughed their plums off when they heard Sullivan would be doing a little pre-match interview. It exactly the sort of thing that makes us look amateurish and Sully went in feet first with claims of-

"95% are happy with the move"
"the manager doesnt know his best 11"
"We don't sack managers"

Can anyone recall a Chairman/Owner doing a pre-match interview in the stadium before a game ?

He did it because he was rattled that a well respected journalist in The Times spoke to West Ham fans from the West Ham United Independent Supporters Association and wrote an article about whether the stadium felt like home yet. This appeared in yesterdays edition.

The club want to control the views of fans in the national press. They only want their chosen ones to be the go to fan of choice for the press. They are procuring a few "friendly" bloggers and you tubers with the old you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours routine. Thankfully there are still a few sites like KUMB with integrity and allow views from all sides of the debate.

Perhaps it is the feedback from these sources that leads Sullivan to think that 95% of fans love the stadium?? Either that or he is purporting that season ticket renewals mean endorsement of the stadium. That level of analytical stupidity would not surprise me.

WHUISA don't run a blog or you tube channel so have no vested interest, they just represent fans who join. Pro fan, not anti board.
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Ozza »

Naaa they do it all the time, attention grabbing, self important slags, Gold did it last year before we got ****ed by spuds
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

OK you carry on believing that. Purely coincidental that Sullivan is saying 95% love the stadium on the day an article in the Times suggests that is not the case........
swash
Has liked: 140 likes
Total likes: 188 likes

Post by swash »

Sullivan just wanted to get himself and morality in the same sentence, I haven't stopped laughing yet
MooresTheHero
Has liked: 1200 likes
Total likes: 47 likes

Post by MooresTheHero »

Kalios, just joined WHUISA

Could do with more members to help get the evil trio out. :crest:

Glad we still have the proper crest on here as well, not that West Ham London *****.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 803 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

swash wrote:Sullivan just wanted to get himself and morality in the same sentence, I haven't stopped laughing yet
It's almost the definition of irony !
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

"95% are happy with the move"
"the manager doesnt know his best 11"
"We don't sack managers"

File everything out of Sully's mouth as FAKE NEWS.

Now, using my bull**** analyser, I will translate for you:

"95% are happy with the move" = "5% (our corporate mates) are happy with the move"

"the manager doesnt know his best 11" = "me, dg & kb don't know how to run a football club"

"We don't sack managers" = "We are far too tightfisted to sack a manager in contract"
Nr9iron

Post by Nr9iron »

I believed them,or I wanted too but I don’t go anymore and doubt I ever will, they have sold us down the river.
Francoisvander or else
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by Francoisvander or else »

I've always fancied being part of an oppressed minority. I'm in the 5% anyone else in? :scarfer:
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

They’ve sewn their seeds. Next season regardless what league we are in they will not have 50k STs. A lot of the 2 years will not renew.

Slowly but surely people are on to them now. I’m still unsure what happened in the directors box on Friday but I’ve a feeling things will start getting uncomfortable for them in there. There’ll be loads more security up there that’s for sure. What sort of way is that to run a business let alone a football club.

They’ve killed the club. We need to make them suffer. They’ve got away Scot free until now. Lies, deceit, continually patronising - yet they get no grief ?
The Sherriff
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Post by The Sherriff »

Kalios hitting the nail beautifully on its head ..... Good work :thup:

I find the these blogger and twitter accounts rather pathetic, seem to change their views with the weather and what they do say holds little credence.

The attention seeking ex-employee releases team news before its unannounced and is now running something of a campaign against Bilic. It's rather distasteful, misplaced, counter productive and smacks of an agenda within. Who needs enemies when who you have people on the inside working against you. Seldom do the owners receive criticism, it's all selective. People like this are part of the problem.

As for the owners, the damage they have done to the club is going to be difficult to mend. I was one of the fabled 15% against the move and hold them both in the lowest regard .... As they have literally wrecked my football club for their own ends.

Every manger they've had here has been treated like **** and undermined, there is a common denominator.
wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

Whilst WHUISA is a fantastic start and I am fully engaged with their work....

I do feel we need an anti board movement/organisation. It is the only way to build enough momentum and attention to the issue.