Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by Ozza »

I think it's far more calculating than that, the true strategy is minimal outlay to survive in the league speculating through spend to try and achieve anything else is a huge risk.

But of course you can't say that to the masses, hence all the sound bites, their investment is safe (even if we go down), they are paying minimal costs on the stadium and returning money to their bank accounts each year.

The club is based in London, has 52k season ticket holders every year and is in the biggest most watched league in the world, the value of the club will continue to rise naturally,

what's not to be happy about if you are there, a few noisy fans whinging about the stadium, or the poor transfer policy disappear after a while, and in reality aren't even that important in the scheme of things.

Why would you ever risk any of that by doing something different?
1860OnceMoore

Post by 1860OnceMoore »

I think it just goes against the "West Ham fans all our life" bull**** that they constantly lay on us! If that is the case that there is no intent to get us to compete in the top 6 of this league - why use it as a soundbite every 5 seconds! I think 90% of the 52000 ST holders would renew if they were just honest with us all for a change
droshky
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by droshky »

All the above only goes to show that we all know exactly where we are with this pair of shysters. Isn't that a nice feeling, they're not going to shock us, think Portsmouth, Blackburn, Chelski(one day, soon please God), Eggy and the gang, on and on. Of course they're not bothered about the club, us, the stadium, any of that. But the bottom line and their bragging rights, just like some steel mill owner in Huddersfield or wherever in the 50s, those are the things that count for them. Keep that in mind and it all makes sense.
Fishbone

Post by Fishbone »

brooking_1980 wrote:To that end, it's going to be hilarious in c. Feb 2018 when the PL rights auction is held. I see that Sky subscribers are falling, they've dropped pricing, they're lamenting the streams and they've re-numbered their channels to figure out where's their income coming from, so there's more than a risk that cash will go down from the already record high. The Board will be wetting themselves over what the value of that deal will be.

Everything we are or can be is underpinned by the Sky money.
Certainly don't need to do the above to find out income.
Claret&Blue,Thru&
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Claret&Blue,Thru& »

1860OnceMoore wrote:! I think 90% of the 52000 ST holders would renew if they were just honest with us all for a change
Didn't we anyway?
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

Sorry slightly OT but Karren Brady daughter is absolutely beautiful who knew

Instagram is sophiapesch ,Deserves her own thread tbh to cheer as all up :lol:
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 755 likes
Total likes: 3486 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

bubbles500 wrote:Sorry slightly OT
Completely OT.
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

Completely OT.[/quote]

I'm in Love tbh :lol:
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

If they complete the signing of William Carvalho and bring in another striker of half decent quality, then you must accept that they have done something undoubtedly good.

However, I would not accept to praise them for this far too much. For me, it's simply the long road of starting to make up for so much nonsense, by starting to do things the right way.

Nothing will ever make up for the stadium move. Only moving out. But from a footballing perspective, they should be praised if all this comes to fruition, but it's merely shifting them slightly from a negative, to a neutral, rather than putting them up high for praise.

Just thankful they're apparently starting to do what good owners should do: Shut the f*** up, run the club properly, get the right players in, support the manager.
It's all we ask.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:If they complete the signing of William Carvalho and bring in another striker of half decent quality, then you must accept that they have done something undoubtedly good.
I've been a big critic of theirs, but if they do this (whilst maintaining some depth of wingers) then I agree they will have done a good job.
However, I would not accept to praise them for this far too much. For me, it's simply the long road of starting to make up for so much nonsense, by starting to do things the right way.

Nothing will ever make up for the stadium move. Only moving out. But from a footballing perspective, they should be praised if all this comes to fruition, but it's merely shifting them slightly from a negative, to a neutral, rather than putting them up high for praise.

Just thankful they're apparently starting to do what good owners should do: Shut the **** up, run the club properly, get the right players in, support the manager.
It's all we ask.
This is all also true. We need a few more windows/years like this could be for them to make up for their previous.
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

Lady Karren on sky debate tomorrow 10pm should be interesting.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

I'll be washing my hair, I'm sure I'll be missing out on a classic.
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

Colours never run wrote:I'll be washing my hair, I'm sure I'll be missing out on a classic.
Ok Karren :lol:
IanBishopLegend7

Post by IanBishopLegend7 »

They are ok.
jonbentleywhu

Post by jonbentleywhu »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote: Just thankful they're apparently starting to do what good owners should do: Shut the **** up, run the club properly, get the right players in, support the manager.
It's all we ask.
I also ask they stop tweeting stuff about footballing related matters. You dont see other clubs owners/chairman's tweeting the stuff they do. Leave it to the manager and official club announcements etc
wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

Very fair post Rars, I agree.
3hammers
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by 3hammers »

For anyone interested we had young Jack on our podcast last night. He came across very well, spoke about last year's business not being good enough and it seems he's realised it probably wasn't the best idea to be so active in breaking news and getting fan expectations up on Twitter. Also spoke about the ladies team and a bit about slav.

Here's the link if you want to give it a watch - " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kialos
Has liked: 1548 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

So he's realised he needs to put a sock in it whilst speaking to a podcast. That will be about right :lol:
aaronhammer
Has liked: 175 likes
Total likes: 41 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

Are we all watching The Debate on Sky Sports? I'm sure there are plenty of tweets asking about her lies...
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

Pretty classic twitter thread.From now on G&S will always be SuGo :lol:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;