Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

QuintonNimoy

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by QuintonNimoy »

Up the Junction wrote:So might I, were it an isolated case.
Marketing firms offer this kind of social media embellishment as standard for their most absurdly vain clients these days. Regular posts on a theme are handled by bots (always start my sunday with your column Karen), with the occassional special post to keep it looking vaguely human. Of course she could always just have a sychophantic underling that does it diy, or a dedicated lunatic. Regardless the technology and services aren't remotely uncommon or services hard to purchase.

As for board plants on the forum, I can remember receiving numerous lengthy defences of Dux's track record (including an illuminating description of West Ham's penetration of the US soccer academy system, producing a neverending supply of talent any moment now) from a very single minded poster who has since long disappeared. They wouldn't be the first.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1787 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

chappo59 wrote:I still dream of Michael Tabor getting the Irish lads together as a consortium :crest:
Teacht ar tú iarainn!
Superslav
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Superslav »

There's also David Gold's strange friend, Julie Cook. Not sure if she's his publicist or just some lunatic obsessed with z-list 1970s celebrities?

https://twitter.com/juliaesq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

I think it's incredibly naive of people to not think that that kind of manipulation goes on with social media.

I think the dildo brothers and Brady are very skilled in the art of PR. This is just an extension of it.
bitter-iron-ny
Has liked: 198 likes
Total likes: 221 likes

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

Colours never run wrote:Buddy Holly.
Holly Golightly
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

Simply Moore wrote:Also I found this quite interesting "A further loan of £30m was taken out on 15th August 2016 with Rights and Media Funding Limited, again secured on future income from the Premier League Broadcasting contract. This will be repayable in 2017". Rights and media by the way submit abbreviated and unaudited accounts which for a company dealing with those type of numbers is a little odd.

I know this time has passed on this loan so therefore obviously repaid but no doubt the same trick would have been done again (or some workaround as I remember there being some new league rule on this type of loan or am I making that up?) so you can only imagine the catastrophe being relegated will be for us financially. I've only skimmed through the accounts as I don't really have the time to dissect but on the surface of it, we don't appear to be much better off financially than we were in 2010 when they took over except now of course we don't have a material fixed asset.
From this season, the Premier League have only been party to loan agreements that are with lenders that are FCA registered and their source of funds is not offshore. Because the security was the TV money, the loans would be actually repaid directly from the Premier League - hence why they were a party to the agreements. So instead of using TV money as security this year for their loan from Rights and Media Funding Limited, they've used the properties they own and the lease on the Stadium as security.

This type of funding is not unique - many clubs do it each year to balance the cash flow. The majority of the revenue from TV broadcasting doesn't hit the bank account until the end of the season, but still counts as revenue for that season's accounts it's just that they don't get it until the end of the financial year. The opposite happens with season tickets when they get the cash up front and take it to revenue in the accounts on a match by match basis. In the past when season ticket income and broadcasting income were similar they balanced each other out so no real need to borrow money, but now with broadcasting income counting for the majority of revenue, they need loans to manage the cash flow.

If we went down this year we will still get our normal share of broadcasting income - in future years we would get parachute payments.

In the recent vote by the PL clubs about redistributing some of the international broadcasting revenues based upon league position (the so called big 6 wanting a greater share), the Club actually voted in favour of the proposal - as it meant the top 11 clubs would all get more money. The biggest losers would not have been the bottom 9, but the proposed reduction in parachute payments for relegated clubs in subsequent years.
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

Superslav wrote:There's also David Gold's strange friend, Julie Cook. Not sure if she's his publicist or just some lunatic obsessed with z-list 1970s celebrities?

https://twitter.com/juliaesq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Haha she always pops up very weird. Got in a spat with her once,accused her straight out. I said she was a bot or some 10 yr old locked in an attic by DG. So she DM me a picture of her with Englebert humpadink :lol:
( clearly not how you spell his name sorry)
ludo22
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 125 likes

Post by ludo22 »

Superslav wrote:There's also David Gold's strange friend, Julie Cook. Not sure if she's his publicist or just some lunatic obsessed with z-list 1970s celebrities?

https://twitter.com/juliaesq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That woman is a Grade A fruitcake.Off her tits.
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 691 likes
Total likes: 1606 likes

Post by chalks »

jacko wrote:
I think the dildo brothers and Brady are very skilled in the art of PR. This is just an extension of it.
I actually think its the complete opposite, and that they THINK they are skilled in PR.

They are a PR nightmare
Simply Moore

Post by Simply Moore »

bubbles500 wrote:
Haha she always pops up very weird. Got in a spat with her once,accused her straight out. I said she was a bot or some 10 yr old locked in an attic by DG. So she DM me a picture of her with Englebert humpadink
That is f***ing hilarious LOL

@wembley thanks for the insight buddy :thup:
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 844 likes

Post by mushy »

bubbles500 wrote:
Haha she always pops up very weird. Got in a spat with her once,accused her straight out. I said she was a bot or some 10 yr old locked in an attic by DG. So she DM me a picture of her with Englebert humpadink :lol:
And you reckon its her thats mad?
simonirons
Has liked: 372 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by simonirons »

QuintonNimoy wrote:
As for board plants on the forum, I can remember receiving numerous lengthy defences of Dux's track record (including an illuminating description of West Ham's penetration of the US soccer academy system, producing a neverending supply of talent any moment now) from a very single minded poster who has since long disappeared. They wouldn't be the first.
You’ve got to laugh, we rinsed Duxberry at every opportunity. we just lost 2-0 to his Watford...
bbhammer

Post by bbhammer »

We need something like the Blackpool fans

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1302 likes
Total likes: 679 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

Jinxed has just said on the Moyes thread that before he was appointed they offered the job to Allardyce and guess what? - he turned them down. :lol:

After all they did to undermine him? And after ****ing him off through their media cronies? And after leaving him a dead man walking with six months still to go with zero prospect of renewing his contract? And all that because we were now apparently better and bigger than him and they still think they can go back to him? And they still he's be stupid/ desperate enough to work for them again?
Rocket
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Rocket »

I don't find that nearly as surprising as I should. They really are that deluded.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Rocket wrote:I don't find that nearly as surprising as I should. They really are that deluded.
Deluded, desperate and despised
morganwhu

Post by morganwhu »

The only thing that surprises me is that it's taken the core of our fan base this long to wake up and realise what lying, thieving, scum they are.

Lies
Lies
Lies
OFT
Has liked: 2998 likes
Total likes: 1759 likes

Post by OFT »

Sam would n't want to risk his USP of never being relegated by coming back to this shambles.
Codu
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by Codu »

The footballing world is starting to catch up.

https://www.tifofootball.com/features/w ... ect-right/
Samba
Has liked: 2482 likes
Total likes: 894 likes

Post by Samba »

Comment from: 'Re-United, as ban lifted', on KUMB home page.

Old Woman Northern Sold • 13 hours ago
If we were winning games then all would be fine. We are not winning games because Bilic wasn't good enough. The fans wanted Bilic, The away fans especially supported Bilic. Its time the fans accepted responsibility and admit that they were wrong and they helped to get us in this mess.

There you go.
It IS all our fault.
That's us told.