Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by prophet:marginal »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Straightforward question, but a pretty complicated one...

Are Gold and Sullivan more likely to sell sooner if we get relegated this season?
No

I think they are more likely to sell us if we are (still) in the top tier.

In fact, I reckon they'd struggle to find a real buyer, in the championship.
Hammer83
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Hammer83 »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Straightforward question, but a pretty complicated one...

Are Gold and Sullivan more likely to sell sooner if we get relegated this season?

A good question and I would like to add my own question to this are they more likely to sell sooner if what happened at the Burnley game became a regular occurance?
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

I can't imagine why a vilified 82 year old bloke would want to hang around at a relegated club whose value could be on a big downward spiral. There will be more speculative interest in owning the club at that level because the potential upside is much greater than handling a humdrum, middle of the road PL club.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

bolted on to that, we've repeatedly been told it's impossible to leave the stadium and we're there for life.

what happens if we make it impossible for the team to play there? something that is well within our means.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

bubbles1966 wrote:I can't imagine why a vilified 82 year old bloke would want to hang around at a relegated club whose value could be on a big downward spiral. There will be more speculative interest in owning the club at that level because the potential upside is much greater than handling a humdrum, middle of the road PL club.
Red Bull find this sort of potential irresistible
Gerblatz
Has liked: 70 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Gerblatz »

If we went down it might speed up the demise of their stay...and after recent developments with our support turning on them, if we stay up, change of some kind will be inevitable unless they want their lowlife reputations exposed by further unrest at the club.

I think their ages and ailing health comes into focus when we consider future actions. Also, I can’t see Brady wanting her fake reputation being continually dismantled by further association with a cause she has no love for.

Gold’s daughters are already at ages where they won’t want the aggravation of taking on the club after seeing how quickly things can turn - leaving Sully’s boy as a beneficiary....and we know he has all his groundwork from his old man. He is starting from a low point and a poor reputation with the fan base.

So my guess is, if the pressure of milking the club gets too much - they will sell sooner rather than later. To who? Albert Smith still sits quietly on 10% of the club..and I don’t know what a billionaire, most likely wealthier than G&S put together, would have as his intentions. Other rumours abound, but that’s all they are...

We can live in hope or continue to force the horse. The sooner the better.
Robbie
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Robbie »

Beavis Danzig wrote:i remember not long back the idea of red bull coming for us was like a nightmarish proposition that would steamroll over any hint of our club's pride or identity.

you have to wonder whether GSB are trying to conjure a way to make that situation somehow seem preferable to what we have.
This is very true.
I baulked at the idea then, but other than spiralling downwards I do think that this would be the only way out.
It feels that desperate.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

One of the things that wound me up about Gold interview on Phoenix was when he said he'd happily step aside if a rich sheikh type figure suddenly rocked up but for me personally I'd hate that just as much as mismanagement now. Like going from 1 extreme to the other and not the way I want West Ham to 'succeed'.

Can't we just aim for anywhere in between the both parallels?
Hammer83
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Hammer83 »

Nothing is as bad as these clowns!I would personally love a man city type owner as we would finally get some owners who put quality players in the team not just talk about it.
Alan Pardew's Dad
Has liked: 829 likes
Total likes: 669 likes

Post by Alan Pardew's Dad »

Colours never run wrote:One of the things that wound me up about Gold interview on Phoenix was when he said he'd happily step aside if a rich sheikh type figure suddenly rocked up
Of course he would, because they would pay him a huge wedge.

He'd be less happy to step aside for a fan funded consortium or someone who really cared about the club.

It is all about the money.
Hamburger
Has liked: 853 likes
Total likes: 432 likes

Post by Hamburger »

It’s not usually the owners that run a club but a board of professionals which may be chaired by an owner aka Levy etc. The owner is primarily responsible for funding and investment. We’ve got the 2 clowns and Brady running the club and no funding and investment so we haven’t got a cat in hells chance. Protests and demonstrations at both clubs they’ve run doesn’t seem to click with them that they are totally inadequate as well as incompetent. However there is a simple remedy, get pros in to run the club and invest some money. It really is that simple everything else will fall into place.
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

Hamburger wrote:.
However there is a simple remedy, get pros in to run the club and invest some money. It really is that simple everything else will fall into place.
I've just suggested something similar in the "Brady thread". I reckon Blackstone will buy the stadium initially with view of buying the club once the penalty period has expired. The deal will be done but not announced thus not costing Sullivan any money.

To make it look better Blackstone will sponsor the shirts, maybe naming rights etc so more money will be available. Smith or a clever "bod" from Blackstone will be appointed chairman in the interim

At least, I hope that's the plan as if it is, it would actually work.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

Westbourne Bill wrote:Retractable seats aren't going to help those in the upper tier have a better view sadly...and wouldn't that be the majority? Demolition would be the only long term solution.
Bill is spot on in this imo. The majority of the stadium would remain as far away from the pitch, as it is now.
The 2 options to please us are:
A complete demolition & rebuild - which G&S ain't gonna fund, or
We leave altogether to a new stadium - which G&S ain't gonna fund.
They didn't want to fund a new, bigger Upton Park East Stand; why would they now agree to fund anything much more expensive than that would have been?
Of course, there's always staying as we are for 98 years. G&S are quite content with that.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

Hamburger wrote:.
It’s not usually the owners that run a club but a board of professionals which may be chaired by an owner aka Levy etc. The owner is primarily responsible for funding and investment. We’ve got the 2 clowns and Brady running the club and no funding and investment so we haven’t got a cat in hells chance. Protests and demonstrations at both clubs they’ve run doesn’t seem to click with them that they are totally inadequate as well as incompetent. However there is a simple remedy, get pros in to run the club and invest some money. It really is that simple everything else will fall into place.
That would mean them spending money, H. Can we really see that happening?
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Colours never run wrote:One of the things that wound me up about Gold interview on Phoenix was when he said he'd happily step aside if a rich sheikh type figure suddenly rocked up but for me personally I'd hate that just as much as mismanagement now. Like going from 1 extreme to the other and not the way I want West Ham to 'succeed'.

Can't we just aim for anywhere in between the both parallels?
We would then become a Middle East end club :D
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Eating plenty of Pie and Masha'Allah no doubt. :raver:
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

How do people feel about the club being taken over but still having a Gold or Sullivan family member on the any future board, because that is what they ultimately want going forward?
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

If the new owners are serious businesses people, they will not let the current owners retain any influence over the club.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:How do people feel about the club being taken over but still having a Gold or Sullivan family member on the any future board, because that is what they ultimately want going forward?

I'd like to think should the protests continue, none of the offspring would feel safe enough sticking around.
Ladzini

Post by Ladzini »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:How do people feel about the club being taken over but still having a Gold or Sullivan family member on the any future board, because that is what they ultimately want going forward?
Only way I could stomach this personally, is if it was the ONLY option,and the family member was Jack. He seems far more decent and head-screwed on than his old man and his older brother, who is clearly a grade A c***.

Can't blame him for being born into that family, but comes across very differently to his dad and brother.