Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Jameslegend
Has liked: 118 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by Jameslegend »

dixie1978 wrote:https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/west-ha ... pos=&w_s=s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sorry team, i was quoting some figures from the link above but was in the wrong thread, it covers transfer fees in and out in each window.
You are getting the actual money spent/received muddled up with the market value of players bought/sold.

Total spent = £40.86m
Total received= £27.59m
NET spend = £13.27m

When we have such a small unbalanced squad, along with the new TV money and the promises they have made, that level of spending really is unforgivable.

I don't know how anyone can even remotely back them anymore. I gave up on them a long time ago.
SRXT
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by SRXT »

You only have look at the bench today to know they're taking the piss..
mightyhammer

Post by mightyhammer »

Samba wrote:Gold & Sullivan; continuing to make the Cearns family look good, all those years ago...
They're making Brown look like a demi God....
Marky
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 182 likes

Post by Marky »

Kialos wrote:This is where they need to be hammered but are getting away with it. They are asset strippers and because they are two British codgers nothing is said. If it had been a foreigner doing it all hell would let lose.

RWHF / WHUISA need to get in someone who knows their way around accounts/ finances and start getting the message out there. It will be money well spent getting an expert in. I'd gladly chip in.

Totally agree. I will definitely contribute
ryanrc

Post by ryanrc »

We have such a platform for success and yet this tight incompetent sod is only taking us backwards. I'm not saying he doesn't spend money but it's a case of buy cheap buy twice. Really his priority should be to appoint a top DoF and take a back seat and eat some humble pie
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 701 likes
Total likes: 1633 likes

Post by chalks »

SRXT wrote:You only have look at the bench today to know they're taking the piss..
Every single interview Moyes gives mentions lack of numbers in the squad. He’s clearly been sold a pup on taking this job
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by carnage »

But thankfully, so far, he is sticking to his guns and not having any of the **** Sullivan wants him to sign.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 256 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

What a shame we can't turn the clock back to 2010 and gone the liquidation route. Had that happened, West Ham United would still be in existence, only question is, in what league ? but one thing is certain the Boleyn Ground would still be standing and match days just as they used to be and there would be no Gold, Sullivan and Brady
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Puff Daddy wrote:What a shame we can't turn the clock back to 2010 and gone the liquidation route. Had that happened, West Ham United would still be in existence, only question is, in what league ? but one thing is certain the Boleyn Ground would still be standing and match days just as they used to be and there would be no Gold, Sullivan and Brady
If only :(

Same as getting promoted back in 2012 I wanted to stay down long enough so they wouldn't get or want the OS
Wembley1966
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

Puff Daddy wrote:What a shame we can't turn the clock back to 2010 and gone the liquidation route. Had that happened, West Ham United would still be in existence, only question is, in what league ? but one thing is certain the Boleyn Ground would still be standing and match days just as they used to be and there would be no Gold, Sullivan and Brady
A liquidator would look to maximise the return of any value to the creditors. West Ham United wouldn't be in existence - that's what happens when your liquidated. With the club liquidated, any new club would have to apply to join at the bottom of the league structure and wouldn't be able to afford to buy The Boleyn. Property developers would be willing to pay more for the ground than a non-league club could afford.
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by carnage »

The main issue with them is that on 2 occasions they could have shown ambition and splashed the cash but didn’t.

What’s their bet spend since we moved?
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5673 likes
Total likes: 3090 likes

Post by MB »

While I don’t disagree Carnage, they’d have just fluffed the transfers anyway! Look at what return there has been when the club has spent big.

The finances are an important aspect, but the complete mismanagement throughout the club is a bigger concern of mine. On every front we seem to be a step or two behind our competition in the league. Be it additional revenue sources, training facilities, medical care or scouting.

The club is a shambles.
gaptooth
Location: For the team - in a happy place. Board - in a dark place, with my head in my hands
Has liked: 148 likes
Total likes: 37 likes

Post by gaptooth »

Kialos wrote:This is where they need to be hammered but are getting away with it. They are asset strippers and because they are two British codgers nothing is said. If it had been a foreigner doing it all hell would let lose.

RWHF / WHUISA need to get in someone who knows their way around accounts/ finances and start getting the message out there. It will be money well spent getting an expert in. I'd gladly chip in.
I'd gladly chip in as well. They are riding our club like a cheap whore.
Diogenes
Has liked: 475 likes
Total likes: 1199 likes

Post by Diogenes »

Unfortunately wrong on a number of counts there Puff. Liquidators are not football fans. Everything would be gone, Club, Ground, Team etc.etc.
Odessa
Has liked: 272 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Odessa »

Wouldn’t West Ham have gone into administration first like Leicester and Southampton who seem to weathered their respective storms rather well?
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5673 likes
Total likes: 3090 likes

Post by MB »

Odessa wrote:Wouldn’t West Ham have gone into administration first like Leicester and Southampton who seem to weathered their respective storms rather well?
By ripping off the people they owed in Leicester’s case.

The problem for us was our major creditors all owed serious dosh to other people so we’d have been carpetbagged like the rest of their assets were. They had no interest in us as a going concern (long term).
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 804 likes
Total likes: 3018 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Odessa wrote:Wouldn’t West Ham have gone into administration first like Leicester and Southampton who seem to weathered their respective storms rather well?
Along with Palace......

Providing of course you can cope with the shame of running a business that pays some of it's employees thousands of pounds per week, all with watertight deals, while stiffing the local travel agent, coach company, caterers for hundreds of thousands .

The fact a very significant part of our debt can be attributed to the Sheffield United ransom payment is something that is too easily overlooked by too many .

£35m in cash that cost us in legal fees, fines and ransom money .
ereford ammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by ereford ammer »

Good point PP, that's why I hate the blunts so much. I am sure when the dido gang sell us they are vane and spiteful enough not to care who buys us as long as they get their filthy money. They will get a kick out of listening to some deluded fans reminiscing about the halcyon days under GSB.
Southampton were very lucky that Liebherr bought them. They could have been bought by the outfit that wrecked Coventry. Before being rescued, I heard that the National League was being approached to find them a place. All of the bottom 14 teams in the top flight are in danger if their owners go bust or end up in prison.
Kialos
Has liked: 1548 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

Obviously the club could have done without the hit but the Sheffield United cash was paid over what 5/6 years? No doubt there was some tax clawback to ease the blow a little bit too.

Sullivan has wasted more than that every season with buy cheap buy twice signings and loans such as the Joe Hart one. How much is that costing us with his wages and loan fee?

As far as aggrandisement is concerned Sullivan is bettered by few others.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 804 likes
Total likes: 3018 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Kialos wrote:Obviously the club could have done without the hit but the Sheffield United cash was paid over what 5/6 years? No doubt there was some tax clawback to ease the blow a little bit too.
3 years, from memory , and the tax position would not have been impacted as a loss making enterprise .

Even £12m a year for 3 years would have been over half of our matchday income each season for those three years .It was a massive hole in the books .

It's a miracle the club avoided administration, the fact we ultimately did, is entirely down to £10m Straumer( in administration) injected in to the club in the November prior to these shysters turning up pretending to be our saviours .