Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by szola »

And it doesn't mean Sullivan can't sell parts of his other business, and invest in :crest:
Hamburger
Has liked: 853 likes
Total likes: 432 likes

Post by Hamburger »

WebmasterFF wrote:Homebrew

As said above, it isn’t true. In fact, it’s actually in the financial interest of the LLDC if we sell within 5 years of the contract being signed (which was March 2013 if I remember correctly). Although there’s different tariffs and bands, the crux is that if we are sold within the first 5 years LLDC get 30% of any sale of the club over £300m. If it’s in the Following 5 years then that drops to 20% (from 2023 the two Daves won’t have to pay a thing)

There is a rumour going round is that G&S are looking to sell as soon as the first 5 years are up. This is why the have been treading water for the last couple of years regarding transfers as they don’t want to put money in for no real gain on the value of the club when they are about to sell up
Absolutely right. As I said before, all businesses have a 5 year plan and everything the board have done has been geared up for a sale. Has there been any evidence that their plan included ‘to get into Europe’ or ‘to maximise fan experience’? No. The re-branding, the penny pinching, no big transfers, no more personal investment and the constant stalling - all because they want to maximise the sell on price. As they will be actively looking for buyers soon, I would not be surprised if they started to spend a bit this year to push for a top finish next season and bleat on about it’s ‘for the good of the club’ or ‘in response to fans’ when it’s really only to line their pockets (as usual). How much money do they need FFS?!? Their greed is killing our club.
homebrew

Post by homebrew »

I do hope so - I still can’t believe that these pricks set a meeting up then don’t have the decency to attend!
woodford
Has liked: 412 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by woodford »

homebrew wrote:I do hope so - I still can’t believe that these pricks set a meeting up then don’t have the decency to attend!

Why? Classic bit of Sullivans inflated ego complex, He'd have been pacing up and down in his smoking jacket trying to find a cat to kick
Belchio

Post by Belchio »

I wonder if they even had the decency to give an excuse for why they were not attending?

Where was the meeting? If it was at the LS then i'm sure they could have put a minder in the room in case things got lively. Security would not be an issue. I presume they didn't want a grilling and bottled it.
Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1143 likes

Post by Diogenes »

homebrew wrote:I do hope so - I still can’t believe that these pricks set a meeting up then don’t have the decency to attend!
Their attendance was never going to happen. To be fair, Sullivan not attending was probably a plus as history tells us he cant and doesnt listen and would have spent the meeting defending or attacking each point. To be fair to Brady, even given her faults, she does front up and can manage things a lot more professionally than Sullivan ever would. In any event, its the end results that matter regardless of personell.
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

Belchio wrote: Where was the meeting? If it was at the LS then i'm sure they could have put a minder in the room in case things got lively. Security would not be an issue. I presume they didn't want a grilling and bottled it.
London Stadium Press Conference Room. Square table layout with Karen Brady, Ben Illingworth and Tara Warren for WHUFC. Two WHUFC media department members typing away on laptops throughout in the corner.
HammerPDC
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 1084 likes

Post by HammerPDC »

In response to a fan who replied to another fans tweet with “If we get decent owners who buy decent players you will be very happy” Gold replied with “Don’t you think our current players would find your comments insulting? dg” silly old sod must have forgotten what was said about Fonte and Snodgrass by the board :lol:

If you read his timeline he appears to just argue and demean the views of West Ham fans, I’m not really surprised they didn’t show yesterday they don’t really care what the fans think as long as they are pocketing the cash
Heysel76
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

Were probably watching a live broadcast :wink:
Heysel76
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

Double post
Last edited by Heysel76 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Well they've well over order the Home Shirts down to £25 for last couple of weeks, why aren't the 50,000 waiting listers snapping them up :scarfer:
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Pop Robson wrote:Well they've well over order the Home Shirts down to £25 for last couple of weeks, why aren't the 50,000 waiting listers snapping them up :scarfer:
They've reduced them like they do every year at this time.
Hamburger
Has liked: 853 likes
Total likes: 432 likes

Post by Hamburger »

The fact they don’t get it is the reason we are marching, if they got it then we wouldn’t need to! Gold tweeted questioning the validity of the march and asking why fans did not march under the ownership of Terence Brown or the Icelandic regime. There were several campaigns to oust Brown who never had the personal fortunes of the Dave’s but made £30m when he sold the club. G & S will be making probably 10 times that much between them when they sell. The Icelandic’s had honest intentions, just out of their depth and eventually bankrupt.

If the board want West Ham to succeed they have to invest not only money but in professional business staff who can run the club properly. They won’t invest because they intend to sell the club and it may be difficult to get the money out again when sold and they won’t hand over the reins of their toy.

It is not a FIFA game to be messed around with by incompetents and their siblings, nor is it a jolly day out for the Baronesses middle class chums.

As the saying goes “It’s not a matter life or death, it’s more important than that”. But they just don’t get it.
Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson »

hammerdivone wrote: They've reduced them like they do every year at this time.
They were doing 40% before Xmas, now 54%
hxhammer

Post by hxhammer »

Gold tweeted questioning the validity of the march and asking why fans did not march under the ownership of Terence Brown
Surely as a "life long supporter" he'd know that back in the day, we made our feelings more than known at Upton Park re various sets of shyster owners
woodford
Has liked: 412 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by woodford »

Hamburger wrote:.
Gold tweeted questioning the validity of the march and asking why fans did not march under the ownership of Terence Brown or the Icelandic regime.

the simple answer would be: As inept as Brown was, he was never quite as much of a lying **** as you Mr Gold.

Given Terry Browns history that perspective should give him a sharp reminder of how low his popularity is
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

I must have missed the Brown out protest on the pitch after the Wrexham cup replay and the sit in after the Coventry match whilst in the 2nd division......
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Pop Robson wrote:They were doing 40% before Xmas, now 54%
Which happens every year, what's your point?
Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson »

hammerdivone wrote:
Which happens every year, what's your point?
As I stated originally over ordered, the board still in dream land of the extra 50,000 and tourists buying them

They normally reduce them in March if at all, not before Xmas
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

So apart from the discounting which happens every year, why do you think they have over ordered more than normal?

Why do you keep going on about the extra 50k and tourists, when we have a lot more than 100K of supporters in the UK let alone worldwide, plenty of whom buy the shirts. It's not just ST's and people on the waiting list who buy them.