Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304

ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by ashbanki »

The sight of a rather uncomfortable looking Sullivan, slumped low in his seat behind an ipad, was enough to say that the "unrest" had a big effect,imo - All he want's is his "inadequacies" passed on to Bilic and the whole of football can see that now.
What he does next will determine what many supporters do,imo.Does he want the best for West Ham United or the best for himself? We have had a few "****" owners/directors of our club, but Sullivan and Gold are the only ones who have a real choice - The Cearns did not and realised it - Terence Brown did not have the money, but his "robbing peter to pay paul" and "misguided values" wasted the chance of a lifetime our Academy handed him on a plate.The Icelandics had money and wanted to succeed and then the money was wiped away over night.
NorthBankAlliance

Post by NorthBankAlliance »

derek zoolander wrote:I would suggest that's because those who feel most strongly about them and their plan for West Ham have already acted by walking away and not attending the athletics stadium.
This. All day long.

Current crowd is made up of club lapdogs, decked out in the latest club shop tat...

West Ham is dead.
Marky
Has liked: 51 likes
Total likes: 170 likes

Post by Marky »

Very true NBA and Derek.
Coops
Has liked: 442 likes
Total likes: 568 likes

Post by Coops »

Did anybody see this, hanging by the canal in Hackney Wick?
flysohigh
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by flysohigh »

They showed once again their complete lack of class by not acknowledging Bilic and the win. Any other time they are all over twitter..
ryanrc

Post by ryanrc »

fjthegrey wrote:Nope. There wasn't a single anti board murmur in the ground from what I could hear.
How about people throwing around inflatable penises and chanting about them?

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Military Hammer
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Military Hammer »

This. All day long.

Current crowd is made up of club lapdogs, decked out in the latest club shop tat...

West Ham is dead.[/quote]

Rest assured fella, I ain't a lapdog and find your comment out of order! Not all are popcorn eating, "lap-dogs" decked in the latest shop tat, there are still many old school over there supporting their team!
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1179 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

ryanrc wrote:How about people throwing around inflatable penises and chanting about them?

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yes, I saw it, the solitary inflatable in the ground. Didn't hear anything. For all the punch it packed it may as well have been a beach ball.
hessa
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by hessa »

NorthBankAlliance wrote:This. All day long.

West Ham is dead.
To echo Military Hammer, many hardcore supporters may have made the decision not to follow West Ham to the Olympic Stadium, but there are plenty of thousands who have who were long term ST holders at the Boleyn. Its a long way from being all plastic tourist popcorn eaters.
NorthBankAlliance

Keep deluding yourselves boys :lol:

West Ham is a shadow of what it was, and the majority went along with that...
hessa
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by hessa »

NorthBankAlliance wrote:Keep deluding yourselves boys :lol:

I actually wouldn't disagree that West Ham is a shadow of what it was and I reckon that I will likely end up walking away which wouldn't have happened if we hadn't moved.
However, your deluding yourself if you think none of the hardcore support moved to the new Stadium. Its not all newbies mate. I have plenty of mates who have been going for years who still go and recognise lots of faces from the old place.
Military Hammer
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Military Hammer »

A page ago, you said West Ham was dead, now it is "a shadow of what it was"!!! Which is it? Sorry NBA, you really p*****d me off with your earlier comment. Good job that our military don't walk at the first sign of trouble. You walk, they win!! You stay and fight, you win, they lose!
brooking10
Total likes: 1 like

Post by brooking10 »

I love all this 'West Ham is dead' stuff. Keep saying it boys and you might believe it eventually, but you just sound bitter to me.

I've had a season ticket for over 25 years, and West Ham has changed a lot over the years, but it ain't dead!
Coops
Has liked: 442 likes
Total likes: 568 likes

Post by Coops »

West Ham is worth staying and fighting for. We have always stood by each other, it is more important that we do that now than ever before.
Mr_Mercury

Post by Mr_Mercury »

I heard some chanting regarding Karen Brady with the C bomb dropped in, couldn't make out the rest.
Phil S
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 378 likes

Post by Phil S »

so you don't go anymore?
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

The problem is the scattering of "long term fans" amoungst thousands of new "club sheep"

Say 15-20k regulars are still going they are watered down by an extra 30k newcomers

Not all Boleyn fans will be "hardcore" and not all newcomers will be "sheep" but the principle is the same.

The poor migration meant people are sat in small patches, groups or even twos for example oppose to all together.

I was there last night and heard some form of chanting about them from the corner in those video clips but couldn't make it out, had it of travelled around I would have joined in for example... it's very difficult to maintain chants there.

With Chelsea and Spurs last season I found more "old school" present and the atmosphere was different
NorthBankAlliance

Phil S wrote:so you don't go anymore?
I go for a drink with my crowd beforehand, but I'm not stepping foot in that stadium again...
Mr_Mercury

Post by Mr_Mercury »

Coops wrote:West Ham is worth staying and fighting for. We have always stood by each other, it is more important that we do that now than ever before.
I wholeheartedly agree. I certainly do not think West Ham is dead. I have been a supporter now for 24 years. The only silverware I have seen us lift with any kind of meaning is the playoff final trophy. I feel there has been more downs than ups but my love for the club has never changed.

When I experienced my first game at Upton Park standing in the north bank, hearing the roar of the crowd, the smell of the grease, it was a life changing moment for me. I know it sounds stupid but I found my passion. Through the years West Ham have changed so much. It's so easy to complain about whats going off the pitch but we should be focussing on whats happening on the pitch.

Im not a fan of our owners, they are cringey and can be incredibly embarrasing when running their mouth on social media, but look past that. I still beleive the best of West Ham is yet to come and still hold the hope that in my lifetime I WILL see west ham lift the FA Cup or even the league cup.

Last night was big win for us, it could be just what we need to move on to Bolton to progress to the next stage of the league cup and provide a much needed confidence boost for the team to move us up the league. The crowd were loud and up for the fight.

West Ham has changed but is certainly not dead.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Even the commentators were taking the piss last night. At one stage during second half Martin Tyler and David (didn't catch his name) were talking about the green 'felt' around the pitch and how it was meant to be changed and they remarked 'it would cost money' and you could hear them laughing in the background.

Also commented on how it is difficult to get out of stadium as the seats began to empty out around the 80 min mark.

The charade is well and truly up