Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304

Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 343 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Military :thup:
PrawnSandwich

Post by PrawnSandwich »

Disco wrote:Even the commentators were taking the piss last night. At one stage during second half Martin Tyler and David (didn't catch his name) were talking about the green 'felt' around the pitch and how it was meant to be changed and they remarked 'it would cost money' and you could hear them laughing in the background.
I must admit I winced at that segment too.
NorthBankAlliance

Post by NorthBankAlliance »

They've already won though, Upton Park is nothing but rubble now.

All the while West Ham are still the laughing stock of English football...
ageing hammer
Has liked: 480 likes
Total likes: 1470 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Disco wrote:Even the commentators were taking the piss last night. At one stage during second half Martin Tyler and David (didn't catch his name) were talking about the green 'felt' around the pitch and how it was meant to be changed and they remarked 'it would cost money' and you could hear them laughing in the background.
David Gold on hearing this:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Post by Billydinho »

NorthBankAlliance wrote:
This. All day long.

Current crowd is made up of club lapdogs, decked out in the latest club shop tat...

West Ham is dead.
I don't know what's worse, this or the the mockney Essex boys thinking they're hard bowling around in their Stone Island gear. Particularly when they're middle aged or older.

That's equally as embarrassing.
Ozza
Has liked: 947 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Ozza »

West Ham isn't a laughing stock, most people outside of the club seem to think we're ok and a fair few think the stadium is ok.

Neither are we dead, this club will be here long after these to chancers and their kids have left the club, it's just another part of our history., unfortunately we are the poor buggers living in it.
NorthBankAlliance

Ozza wrote:West Ham isn't a laughing stock, most people outside of the club seem to think we're ok and a fair few think the stadium is ok.
:lol:
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 136 likes
Total likes: 2343 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

NorthBankAlliance wrote:
:lol:
Tbf, most Spurs and Arsenal fans I know have considered us a laughing stock for as long as I can remember. Nothing has really changed there

Most people I know who support 'non-rivals', appreciate the owners are helmets but don't view us anywhere near a laughing stock as other clubs with high profile problems such as Newcastle, Sunderland, Villa etc
Fishdo
Has liked: 105 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Fishdo »

Far as I'm concerned we aren't there because of them but in spite of them!!

I haven't seen any comments from Sully after the game ... not saying he ain't but has anyone read anything from him?
Pulls up Trees
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Pulls up Trees »

Disco wrote: Also commented on how it is difficult to get out of stadium as the seats began to empty out around the 80 min mark.

The charade is well and truly up
Happens at every Premier League ground, so why focus on us?
NorthBankAlliance

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:but don't view us anywhere near a laughing stock as other clubs with high profile problems such as Newcastle, Sunderland, Villa etc
We are much much more of a laughing stock than all of those clubs, off the pitch at least...
NorthBankAlliance

Pulls up Trees wrote:Happens at every Premier League ground, so why focus on us?
No other ground is as empty as West Ham when the home team is 2 up...
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

North Bank, a laughing stock with who, I've seen and heard nothing anywhere in the press and I watch and read about a lot of football, I've also got plenty of friends who support other clubs, apart from the one Spud fan I know everyone else thinks the stadium is good (some have been there), and the club is generally on the up (I think differently).

I hate the owners (a strong word I know), I actually think there are deep routed issues at the club, driven by them, however what we are not is a laughing stock in world football, far from it.

So come on then rather than just using the sarcastic smiley let's hear some actual examples.
NorthBankAlliance

Ozza wrote:North Bank, a laughing stock with who, I've seen and heard nothing anywhere in the press and I watch and read about a lot of football, I've also got plenty of friends who support other clubs, apart from the one Spud fan I know everyone else thinks the stadium is good (some have been there), and the club is generally on the up (I think differently).

I hate the owners (a strong word I know), I actually think there are deep routed issues at the club, driven by them, however what we are not is a laughing stock in world football, far from it.

So come on then rather than just using the sarcastic smiley let's hear some actual examples.
Most things we do are absolutely amateur...

The state of our chairman's email, which has been doing the rounds lately, is just the latest thing...

Geezer on talkSPORT had it right the other night, said we were a franchise & a soulless club, so there's one media outlet for you.

Oh and Sky apparently having a laugh at the boards reluctance to spend money on the OS last night is another...
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 673 likes
Total likes: 1286 likes

Post by davids cross »

To read much stuff on here and elsewhere you would think that West Ham fans were shrinking violets who blush prettily at every bit of negative press.

Embarrassment , you hear that a lot. Embarrassed to be West Ham..Laughing stock .Frankly...that sort of statement is more embarrassing than the thing they are embarrassed about.. :)

West ham fans live in this little bubble.

I'm not embarrassed. I don't like Gold, Sullivan and Brady much. They do embarrassing things. They make mistakes. But I'm not embarrassed. And in all honestly that's not how we are seen by friends and relatives of mine.

They are all wrapped up with the embarrassments of their own clubs...........for all clubs have them. Others are acting like eejits.

It's just that West Ham fans think they are extraordinarily different and affected more than other clubs.

We're not really. But we like to think we are............there is some sort of comfort in being the biggest idiots of all.
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

davids cross wrote:We're not really. But we like to think we are............there is some sort of comfort in being the biggest idiots of all.
Far better than I put it
Last edited by Up the Junction on Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Large quote edited.
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

We're a bigger laughing stock than Arsenal?

Not sure I agree with that remark.
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

Agree with some of that North Bank but I disagree that we are the laughing stock of English football, I think DC put it far better than I did, and I whole heartily agree with what he says.

I think Palace are in a far worse position than we are, how many managers is that now in 4 years, with the last one having just four games, I'd say a lot more people are laughing at them rather than us having the dildo brothers in charge
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 747 likes
Total likes: 3415 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Back on topic please, gentlemen.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Up the Junction wrote:Back on topic please, gentlemen.
#dildobrothersout