Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304

hammer1975
Has liked: 927 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by hammer1975 »

Carvalho will cost more in January. Because Sporting don't need the cash having sold Silva to Leicester, more competition to sign him, January window premium and a 'f*** you' overlay from Sporting applied purely to West Ham London

Shame, still think he would have transformed our midfield. Board failed massively.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6831 likes
Total likes: 2366 likes

Post by Colours never run »

That may well be true but another big player in all this is the player himself. Carvalho and his agent will be in the Sporting Lisbons lugs looking for a move now, preferably in the Premier League and we were the main protagonists trying to get him and still want him. Clubs must listen to that, especially ones that have a big value. I don't think it's a forgone conclusion he definitely won't come to us if both petulant Director ****ers can park their egos and bang heads together to finally conclude a deal that suits all and puts this sorry story to bed once and for all and everyone moves on licking their wounds and counting the cash.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1975 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

hammer1975 wrote:Carvalho will cost more in January.
Correct. So that rules us out from signing him.
Fishdo
Has liked: 105 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Fishdo »

Whenever I see West Ham London logo etc I always think of this interview with Sully when he talks about how ridiculous that would be ... he also goes on about how much he loves the club and how money means nothing to him when it comes to the club....

The comments start at the 2 minutes section of video link below or just have a listen to all of it...

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ludo22
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 125 likes

Post by ludo22 »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
sgb1972
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by sgb1972 »

Fishdo wrote:I read on TS today that A Bola from SL has said it will cost us €40 million to sign him in January...

If Sully does try to buy him because he believes it might restore him some of his damaged reputation then he's going to have to pay through the nose for it.... even if it don't reach as high as that..

Regardless though given we only went to his agent with 23 million I can't see that happening at all ... Sully would rather pay the million comp money to Slav and start the spin all over again with a new manager...
They desperately don't want to sack Slav because of the payout. They'll think our squad must be strong enough to stay up (probably right), and they simply won't offer him a deal end of the season when his contract runs out, just like they did with Sam.

New manager appointed, loads of new false promises, same scenario all over again until they sell up.

All they want to do is stay in the Premier League, keep enjoying the interest on the loans, and spend the bare minimum to survive.

An offer will come their way eventually, they know that, as do we.

Can't come quick enough.
SirWilliam

Post by SirWilliam »

I've said it a few days back, I think the main reason behind the move failing is that false information was being given, that led WHU to think a deal could be done for less than Sporting Clube de Portugal would actually accept.
The January window is an unknown at this point, but as it stands it's highly unlikely we'll consider losing an important player, so expect us to simply ask for the release fee (which is 45M euros).
As for the player's wishes, don't bank on them. No disrespect for WHU, but his motives for moving are financial. He's one of our best paid players, he knows we are hard pressed to pay him more than we do, and even lower tier clubs in the bigger leagues like England, Italy, Germany and Spain can pay a lot more. Sporting had 4 European champions in their roster, and we've "lost" two of those, with two more still here.

I have no doubt that William Carvalho will eventually leave, but that doesn't mean we'll accept less than what we fell he's worth.
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

I just watched the documentary on the move to Stratford for the first time.

Listening to Sully saying how he wants to be playing champions league and competing with Man City, Chelsea et al and the only way is to move.

Well Mr. Sullivan, if you want to compete with them, you have to secure quality signings. Not easy with the amount of competition, but when a quality player wants to join us, buy him instead of pretending to buy him.
szola
Has liked: 584 likes
Total likes: 343 likes

Post by szola »

SirWilliam wrote:I've said it a few days back, I think the main reason behind the move failing is that false information was being given, that led WHU to think a deal could be done for less than Sporting Clube de Portugal would actually accept.
If you want to purchase a player from a club, you will need to speak to the people who are authorised to sign a deal.

If a player has a release clause, you'll know for how much they are willing to hold out, at most.

It's really not rocket science, if you're motvies are sincere. If you wish to give the impression that you are trying your best, without achieving what you set out to do, then you do what our chairman have done, year after year.
hammer1975
Has liked: 927 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

SirWilliam wrote:I've said it a few days back, I think the main reason behind the move failing is that false information was being given, that led WHU to think a deal could be done for less than Sporting Clube de Portugal would actually accept.
Most likely. They thought they'd get a bargain - and as a result didn't compete for other options in centre mid who were available cheaper...Lemina looked decent so far and would have been within budget for example.
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

See Gold embarrassing the club once more with his Tweet about West Brom fans, should their not be an upper age limit for Twitter, he is a joke at times.
ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by ashbanki »

At the end of the day, David Sullivan did not want the player, but he wanted the publicity - So offer a paltry amount that ,potentially, beats our previous transfer record by a couple of quid and leave the media frenzy do the rest, secure in the fact that A) They are never going to accept the offer B) Start the season well and there is no need C)Start badly and no more backing Bilic.
What a ****ing mess of a squad.Bilic wanted pace - Sullivan has failed to deliver.Bilic wanted a proper DM - Sullivan failed to deliver.
DOF = Despicable Odious ****er.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1165 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

jaybs wrote:See Gold embarrassing the club once more with his Tweet about West Brom fans, should their not be an upper age limit for Twitter, he is a joke at times.

He's just a demented, senile old fool who's too old for all this now
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 818 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

Puff Daddy wrote:He's just a demented, senile old fool who's too old for all this now
As much as I dislike our owners, using insults like "demented", "senile" and "old fool" is uncalled for. I hope for your sake he's not suffering with elderly mental health issues.
Kialos
Has liked: 1557 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

Gold must find trying to remember what happened a week ago a struggle because there were plenty of West Ham fans leaving the LS early last Monday and their team was winning.

The best way to not to be thought of as an old fool is to not act and speak like one.
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 644 likes
Total likes: 1844 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Outside the Wanda Metropolitano, there's a plaque for every #Atleti player with 100 or more matches. Hugo Sánchez not a popular inclusion...
While I do not in any way endorse the behaviour in the above link I would simply point out that the current board took the trouble to place a rather self aggrandising plaque outside the new stadium.
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

Do twitter really is like a parody account :lol:

After the Everton game ,he actually twitted this

David Gold @davidgold
We are out of the bottom three, a lot to do to climb the table but it feels better. dg
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 497 likes
Total likes: 1272 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

What's wrong with that? It does feel better being out of the bottom three lol.
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

Ok if you don't think your chairman ,celebrating getting out of bottom 3,because another club got thumped 4-0 is embarrassing.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 497 likes
Total likes: 1272 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

He's hardly celebrating. Stop looking for things to get angry about dude, relax.