Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by e-20 »

keithrobsonsbookie wrote:TTP

From happier times for him

Just read the article, What a nasty piece of work this bloke is.
Hell I had long know that despicable Millington story, just hadn't realised it was Sullivan who was the villain. (or at least forgotten over the years).
matthewbd
Has liked: 70 likes
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by matthewbd »

the pink palermo wrote:
And so he should be .

He's had a decade and more of it

From happier times for him
That article turned my stomach.

I knew he was a nasty bit of work but that's a whole new level. Dread to think what goes on that we don't know about.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Vile scum. I wasn't remotely surprised when I first read he did that.
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

SirWilliam wrote: "Second Ball"
The problem with VR is the same as the problem with 3D - it removes the shared experience and people hate that, especially with sport and other live events. TV is not gaming and until Amazon or whoever get over that limitation, I don't think it'll be any universal panacea. If you like watching live or in the pub, ask yourself how much it would be affected by everyone wearing VR headsets.

You're not wrong, but that's really not the point. It's about immersion, and expanding markets. Watching a derby as if you're in the sidelines, the Champions League final, the World Cup, the Superbowl, Wrestlemania, a Beyoncé concert, the Monaco GP. Especially people who cannot afford to travel to these places and watch these events in person. People will still go to pubs, and watch games on the TV with friends, but VR is as close as you can get to being there, and that's important to a lot of people.
People are in the 'cars won't replace horses' stage at the moment, and indeed that argument had plenty of logic back in the early stages of the car. VR isn't what you see today its what it is going to be in 5, 10, 15 years down the line, it will be immeasurably different to wearing cranky goggles with all the limitations inherent in that set up. Some 25 years ago BT patented a system where you would have images scanned onto your eyes from glasses that fundamentally look the same as they do today, it actually seemed a bit scary at the time. I was blown away by whoever it was who imagined that scenario for their imagination, even though it is still far from coming to fruition in that form, even if the technology/software around such a device is becoming clearer.

Equally I was stunned by those who in Things to Come in the early thirties visualised a semi transparent flat screen TV that still only exist in labs so far today. Both have VR potential, Its difficult to be visionary however, these things don't all come together instantly and a lot is trial and error too, but some are creating concepts that the rest of us can barely imagine today that will make how we watch, especially sport very different, it will be very immersive for many at least, over the next 20 years.
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

See even Bournemouth are getting a new state of the art training facility.

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/club-news/p ... ng-complex" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Getting so left behind it's embarrassing.No coincidence we have some patched up training facility and the injuries keep on coming.Saw that Jamie Vardy program the other day,Leicester have a cryogenic chamber at their facility to help with injuries.Spurs released pictures today of the new lodge being built at their training ground with accommodation for 40 and new medical facilities.The investment in the infrastructure of the club and the future is pitiful.They really couldn't give a ****.
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2362 likes

Post by Ozza »

I was listening to Talk Sport over a year ago and some journo was talking about Lacazette (I think), anyway pretty much said that any top level player would think twice about joining us when they saw the training facilities, said that isn't all down to money for players and their well being etc was very important, as well as staving off injuries for their career.
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

Ozza wrote:I was listening to Talk Sport over a year ago and some journo was talking about Lacazette (I think), anyway pretty much said that any top level player would think twice about joining us when they saw the training facilities, said that isn't all down to money for players and their well being etc was very important, as well as staving off injuries for their career.
Just common sense really,it's their daily place of work.Lets just say nobody will be swayed by our training facility.Not 100% sure what spurs thinking is in having an accomadation block at the training ground,but looks like another shrewd move.In that every top European team will use it when they come to London as will England.Must Surely give them a head start in transfers and attracting players.Just find it quite baffling we haven't even looked into building a new facility it's not fortunes to do it.
Dwight1970
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by Dwight1970 »

Our training facilities once again reflect us doing the bare minimum and some would would argue we are not doing that.

I would say we on par with someone like Palace and absolutely miles behind all the other London top flight clubs that have invested heavily in their facilities.

It seems as a club we have little interest in any long term investment that has long term benefit as everything seems to done within a budget for quick if not immediate results.
Carlton'sGoal

Post by Carlton'sGoal »

bubbles500 wrote:it's not fortunes to do it.
It is if you want it state of the art, name one thing in David Sullivan's life that is state of the art?
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

We're the Only Fools and Horses club of the Prem.
mattyD
Has liked: 268 likes
Total likes: 316 likes

Post by mattyD »

Carlton'sGoal wrote:
It is if you want it state of the art, name one thing in David Sullivan's life that is state of the art?
his David Brent impression.
Fishdo
Has liked: 105 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Fishdo »

mattyD wrote:
his David Brent impression.
Now I can't get the image of Sully doing that dance out my head..!!!
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

so how's the court case against sporting lisbon coming along? can't remember them retracting their statement so no doubt they'll be forced to follow through with it after one of the sullivan clan threw down the legal gauntlet on twitter. just like they follow through with their other promises.
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

Beavis Danzig wrote:so how's the court case against sporting lisbon coming along? can't remember them retracting their statement so no doubt they'll be forced to follow through with it after one of the sullivan clan threw down the legal gauntlet on twitter. just like they follow through with their other promises.
Was serious libel after all, not just libel
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Beavis Danzig wrote:so how's the court case against sporting lisbon coming along? can't remember them retracting their statement so no doubt they'll be forced to follow through with it after one of the sullivan clan threw down the legal gauntlet on twitter. just like they follow through with their other promises.
I was thinking the same..perhaps we all need to bombard the Sully boys with that question.

I knew we'd hear no more of it.
OFT
Has liked: 2992 likes
Total likes: 1757 likes

Post by OFT »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
OFT
Has liked: 2992 likes
Total likes: 1757 likes

Post by OFT »

Apologies :oops:
Bamber Gascoigne
Has liked: 107 likes
Total likes: 40 likes

Post by Bamber Gascoigne »

They've aged a bit....
Ingwe
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by Ingwe »

I was thinking the same..perhaps we all need to bombard the Sully boys with that question.

I knew we'd hear no more of it.[/quote]

Yes; all outrage and bluster then nothing. I'll give £50 to the BM fund if any proceedings are actually issued and served. All pi** and wind!
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Bamber Gascoigne wrote:They've aged a bit....
and that little geezer was a randy, horny little sod too, just ask Maud Adams