Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by sanchoz »

Ozza wrote:Right I'm putting 2 and 2 together here, the guv get's over to Sully mansion, spends the day doing crossed hammers photo's and digging around diddy daves gaff...

And then

There's an attempted break in......

how much is that reward?
confidential@westhamunited.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:wink:
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

“It’s clear to most fans that we are desperate for centre-forwards. You have to spend your money wisely but it must be on strikers, particularly strikers that have had experience with Premier League football – the very best we can afford. We have got to find the money” – David Gold.
The search, in every sense, continues. West Ham’s infamous co-owners, Davids Gold and Sullivan, have a penchant for embarrassing and counter-productive public declarations. Only last May the former stated that the club “are good enough to win” the Europa League; they were knocked out in the play-off round within three months by Astra Giurgiu, who went on to finish sixth in Romania’s top flight.

But this was different. This was Gold, speaking at the end of June, with a frank admission that West Ham had to do better, that another summer of posturing and then panicking would not suffice.

Considering the monumental mess that he and his colleagues helped oversee 12 months ago, the bar had hardly been lifted off the ground. The Hammers signed 13 players last summer. The three loanees have returned to their parent clubs and two more who have since departed, with another, Galatasaray-bound Sofiane Feghouli, set to join them. Of the remaining seven, only one started more than 16 Premier League games. The outlier, Manuel Lanzini, had already spent a season on loan at the club.

West Ham spent months pursuing a variety of different players, from Christian Benteke and Zlatan Ibrahimovic to Carlos Bacca, Alexandre Lacazette and Jamie Vardy. They were looking to win the striker lottery, but ended up with the £1 losing scratchcard that was Simone Zaza.

Instead of learning from the harsh lessons of a subsequent Premier League relegation battle, a managerial future cast into disarray and an eventual mid-table finish, West Ham are intent on resitting the exact same exams with the exact same lack of preparation. The need for a striker has been clearly identified, but the solution remains a mystery.

Gold seemingly thought he had cracked the case three weeks ago. “We had a very difficult season because players we brought in from Europe didn’t make the grade and we paid the price,” he stated without doubt. “That is why we have got to bring in players with Premier League experience and that is what we are working on now.”

And yet it emerged a day later that club-record bids had been rejected for two strikers. Cedric Bakambu of Villarreal has approximately zero experience of England’s top flight, while Anthony Modeste’s nine appearances for a relegated Blackburn side in 2012 certainly call into question the threshold of ever-important ‘Premier League experience’.

Add Bakambu and Modeste to a list featuring Olivier Giroud, Martin Braithwaite, Henry Onyekuru, Michy Batshuayi and Kelechi Iheanacho of strikers the club have openly and aimlessly chased, and there is a distinct stench of déjà vu emanating from East London.

The deal for Iheanacho in particular is a bone of contention. The London Evening Standard reported two weeks ago that the club had negotiated a deal ‘for more than a month and were ready to meet City’s £25million valuation’, yet the official line is that the move was vetoed in its final stages by manager Slaven Bilic.

Back in May, the club offered a valuable insight into how they conduct transfers. “We make sure we have six or seven, eight, nine reports on players,” said Tony Henry, Director of Player Recruitment. “We then sit down with the manager, with the staff, and we go through them, and we’ll have a group of let’s say strikers, and we look at the one we think would be the best in that position.”

Quite how West Ham, with that structure, pursued a player for a month and agreed a fee before the manager overruled the deal when it was nearing its completion would be unfathomable, were it not for a glut of similarly amateurish actions.

In that same interview, Henry added that the club “need two or three, maximum” signings. Pablo Zabaleta and Joe Hart are pieces of the jigsaw, but the entire middle is missing as long as the laborious search for a striker continues.

Three Premier League clubs are yet to spend any money so far this summer. Tottenham are playing a different transfer game, while Stoke have been similarly resistant to the winds of transfer change.

Along with the son of a co-owner who continues to flagrantly discuss the intricacies of ongoing negotiations on social media, it all sums up the miscommunication, mixed messages and ineptitude that have come to typify a transfer window at the London Stadium.

The ‘West Ham way’ is clearly no longer prioritising the development of young players; it is transfer incompetence.
http://www.football365.com/news/when-di ... competence" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wildkard
Has liked: 53 likes
Total likes: 198 likes

Post by wildkard »

Read that, couple of the comments have nailed it. They've got the wrong year. Would've be relevant a year ago, but not now. For example, Little Sullivan has said eff all about transfers on Twitter this summer.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 627 likes
Total likes: 655 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

rogerthedodger wrote:How tall is Sullivan? Obviously short but anyone have an answer in feet and inches?
Two seasons ago my mate and I were guests of Sir Trev in the directors box. Sulli walked past my mate who is 5' 3" and Sulli was looking up at him... 5' 0" max I'd say.
Thekorean
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Thekorean »

It is easy to hate on Daves and often rightfully so, but I laugh at the notion that they are horrible owners.

Not the best, but certainly far from worst.
Kialos
Has liked: 1548 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

Ah, the old at least they are not the Venky's endorsement.............
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

f*** me, where to start with all that. :lol:
Skipper

Post by Skipper »

This is a sad post. Get a life everybody. :)
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2481 likes
Total likes: 4377 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

What's the odds on the Dildos ****ing up the good work on Hart, Zabaleta, Arnie, hernandez etc by saying something they really shouldn't?

I maintain to this day, that all the daft b*llocks about "20 goal a season strikers" three months before the end of 2015/2016, and the premature sacking off of Moses, Song etc cost us badly in the Champions League race that season.

They almost always manage to find a way to hit the wrong spot when they speak, even when they've got something right.

They really should just leave it all to Slaven.

Sadly, their egos clearly won't allow it.

I don't think I've ever heard Levy, Glazer, Abramovitch giving interviews to the BBC and Talksport at the drop of a hat nor venturing forth with their weekly columns.....
simon1982
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by simon1982 »

bubbles1966 wrote:What's the odds on the Dildos ****ing up the good work on Hart, Zabaleta, Arnie, hernandez etc by saying something they really shouldn't?

I maintain to this day, that all the daft b*llocks about "20 goal a season strikers" three months before the end of 2015/2016, and the premature sacking off of Moses, Song etc cost us badly in the Champions League race that season.

They almost always manage to find a way to hit the wrong spot when they speak, even when they've got something right.

They really should just leave it all to Slaven.

Sadly, their egos clearly won't allow it.

I don't think I've ever heard Levy, Glazer, Abramovitch giving interviews to the BBC and Talksport at the drop of a hat nor venturing forth with their weekly columns.....
See his latest interview re Hart.
He can't help it, it's an illness.
djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by djclipz »

He is a bellend, all he needed to say was what a great goalie he was. Not the best ever he's had. He's probably trying to push 1 of them at least though. problem is I can see it being the wrong one.
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

simon1982 wrote: See his latest interview re Hart.
He can't help it, it's an illness.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sullivan annoying his manager's players, brilliant

Cannot stand the bloke
Porkeyes

Post by Porkeyes »

100 % knew he'd spout off about Hart because of his profile. He'll have his boat in the paper "Why I signed England's No1" blah blah etc etc. What I didn't expect was day 1 to mug his current keeper off in the process. What a ****.

Like an attention seeking Russian terrier that just has to yap.
wizzo_66
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

Slowly wearing down all that is good about our club.

They are poison.
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 539 likes
Total likes: 458 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

O god I was about to come into this thread and praise the pair if we got Arny and Hernandez over the line but after seeing that tweet slamming poor Adrian. Jesus. So clumsy again from Sully.
BonzosBoots
Has liked: 49 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by BonzosBoots »

TheHandOfDog wrote:O god I was about to come into this thread and praise the pair if we got Arny and Hernandez over the line but after seeing that tweet slamming poor Adrian. Jesus. So clumsy again from Sully.
Where did he "slam" Adrian?
BonzosBoots
Has liked: 49 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by BonzosBoots »

Thekorean wrote:It is easy to hate on Daves and often rightfully so, but I laugh at the notion that they are horrible owners.

Not the best, but certainly far from worst.
This.
hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by hawkins_hammer »

Can't wait for the angry letter from Pogatetz when he describes Arnautovic as the best Austrian to ever wear the Claret and Blue.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2475 likes
Total likes: 2701 likes

Post by sendô »

David Sullivan is the football club chairman equivalent of Donald Trump.

He needs to learn to stay away from twitter and to just shut up and do his job.

Nothing he says is of note or beneficial to the club at large, just his ego.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 757 likes
Total likes: 3478 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

sendô wrote:He needs to learn to stay away from twitter and to just shut up and do his job.
He's not on Twitter, sendo. Gold is.