Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

simonirons
Has liked: 372 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by simonirons »

That claret and Hugh articles proper embarrassing. - preach they have the clubs interests at heart and then go on to defend sully jnr like his their own kid.

The board certainly know how to play the media strings that’s for sure
brothernero
Has liked: 701 likes
Total likes: 717 likes

Post by brothernero »

Everything about C&H is embarrassing. Just a mouthpiece for Sullivan & Gold.
Centre Half
Has liked: 184 likes
Total likes: 309 likes

Post by Centre Half »

I'd like some owners that could drag us into the 21st century.

This is not another spurs envy post but I've just read on the guardian that they are investing 30m in a luxury 'player hotel' so the players can rest in between training sessions, or sleep there if late back from european trips.

What can we offer our boys aside from some manky old portakabins?
Ladzini

Post by Ladzini »

Centre Half wrote:
What can we offer our boys aside from some manky old portakabins?

Rise of the Krays 3: return of the double ended cumberland
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

This is not another spurs envy post but I've just read on the guardian that they are investing 30m in a luxury 'player hotel' so the players can rest in between training sessions, or sleep there if late back from european trips.

What can we offer our boys aside from some manky old portakabins?[/quote]

Was watching that “next Jamie vardy” show the other night.And they were training inside the etihad centre.What a place that is.Theyve got an accomadation block as well like a 5 star hotel.Can only imagine what hart and zabaleta thought rocking up at rush green,after spending last few years in such luxury.
Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by Diogenes »

To be fair 99% of all football clubs do not have those luxuries. So lets not belittle ourselves unnecessarily.
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

Nesticles wrote:" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
To be fair their are two sides to every story. If what the gentleman reports is in any way true then it's unacceptable the way he has been dealt with.
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Looks libellous to me.
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

York Ham(mer) wrote:Looks libellous to me.
Sullivan Jnr prepping some emails on Microsoft Paint ready to send out
1860OnceMoore

Post by 1860OnceMoore »

To be fair this goes on in every workplace - nothing special in this regard about West Ham! However we really could do without the spin that the redtops will put on this and how it will further reduce the goodstanding of the club I love
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

No excuse for being late.
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

Was having a chat re the abundance of quality youth coming through other clubs academies that just won’t get a chance in next 2-3 years.Really hope sully is all over this .The likes of Chelsea city united spurs will have loads of quality kids available.I wonder if we were in for likes of chalobah or loftus cheek.Musonda making noises wants to leave Chelsea.These are exactly type of players we need to go for.Not all will come off,but all have resale value and you only need to find a couple of gems to take you to next level.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

How is one "made" to talk about their boyfriend's personal life at work?

Dismissed for being late "at times" does suggest having done it more than once.

Two sides and all that.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Most offices should have staggered start times so that you leave for the day depending on when you arrive.

Arrive at 8 then leave at 4. Arrive at 10 leave at 6.

Unless you work at a large law firm in which case arrive at 9am on Monday and leave at 9pm on Friday.
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 609 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

HammerMan2004 wrote:. Two sides and all that.

Exactly, so can I ask that we leave this until the case has been proven one way or the other.

Thanks

:kumb:
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2364 likes

Post by Ozza »

bubbles500 wrote:Was having a chat re the abundance of quality youth coming through other clubs academies that just won’t get a chance in next 2-3 years.Really hope sully is all over this .The likes of Chelsea city united spurs will have loads of quality kids available.I wonder if we were in for likes of chalobah or loftus cheek.Musonda making noises wants to leave Chelsea.These are exactly type of players we need to go for.Not all will come off,but all have resale value and you only need to find a couple of gems to take you to next level.
The problem is that they are on ridiculous wages, Loftus Cheek on a reported 60k per week, it means that they will have to take a pay cut, some will many won't. The likes of City and Chelski are ruining football
coyi27

Post by coyi27 »

bubbles500 wrote:Was having a chat re the abundance of quality youth coming through other clubs academies that just won’t get a chance in next 2-3 years.Really hope sully is all over this .The likes of Chelsea city united spurs will have loads of quality kids available.I wonder if we were in for likes of chalobah or loftus cheek.Musonda making noises wants to leave Chelsea.These are exactly type of players we need to go for.Not all will come off,but all have resale value and you only need to find a couple of gems to take you to next level.
Isn't this exactly what we have done. Taken Rice, Holland, Martinez, Quina of decent sides.
coyi27

Post by coyi27 »

Nesticles wrote:" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Flipping kids these days. Can't take any criticism or own up when they are wrong.
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

Isn't this exactly what we have done. Taken Rice, Holland, Martinez, Quina of decent sides.[/quote]

Not really imo the kids we’ve taken were never really that highly regarded,although they are looking promising.But instead of taking kids for £2-3m I’m talking about £8-10m type kids.Our kids you’ve mentioned may well break into the 1st team.But I don’t see a real superstar there that could take us to the next level.Dortmund signed sancho for £8m.Obviously it’s difficult to compete with the likes of Dortmund but I thought that was the whole point of the move.I see it as a very low risk strategy,and you could easily end up with a £50m player.So yeah the intent is there I hope With likes of Holland quina etc .I just think we could be more ambitious in an area that it’s feasible to be.Its not like trying to sign £50m players,most of these quality kids just want to play.I think we are in a perfect position.Mid tablish club in London.