Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Hammerite

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by Hammerite »

IF (and it’s a big ****ing if) is there any reason why these shysters couldn’t for example charge 0.01% interest instead of 4/7% (delete as appropriate)?
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1302 likes
Total likes: 677 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

Yes, because that’s what greedy, money grabbing leeches do. For you, me and most others the answer would be no.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

davids cross wrote:So to claim injury as a nuisance and a reason for such a dissapointing season was wrong. I really believe it would have been worse without the injuries .
His main mistake on this particular issue is claiming we have a decent squad that would be doing better if no one is injured.

We have a decent team where the quality or energy drops off a cliff in the absence of the first team and where the manager is starved of options for selection or within games.

A decent squad would stop that happening.
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

I know that some go with the perception that he’s a doddering old fella who gets a bit confused but has the right intentions

I think he’s quite manipulative and disingenuous with his language and direction personally

Wouldn’t trust him as far as I could throw him

Latest nonsense statement is clearly to influence perception of the squad (and is clearly nonsense as Bubbs more articulately highlights)
Adrianisournumber1

Post by Adrianisournumber1 »

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ssion=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I saw this article on the sun and I couldn't help but notice the surname of the publisher is it a relation to that muppet West Ham leaker of info

Also I think gold am sulli are right here, they cocked up on transfers before and it clear they don't want to get it wrong and this guy had a disaster at Malaga.
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

aaronhammer wrote: In addition, the interest on the Shareholder loans was reduced to 4.0% from 6-7% from 1 April 2017.
The loans from shareholders are unsecured, with interest accruing at 4-6% p.a.
[/quote]

So there is yet another lie from Gold to add to the others, for a year or so ago he picked up an interviewer quite assertively when said interviewer said the rate was 7% Gold interrupted stating categorically it was 6%. Now we see in the accounts the figure is '6 to 7' which is going to be the most positive take they can report. As said elsewhere 'economical with the truth' is a tactic to push the club strategic line has become automatic to them at every turn. It's been so long a process Gold probably doesn't even know the difference these days, though Sullivan is far more calculating I'm sure, while undoubtedly using Gold as the mouth piece to make him feel he still has significance while taking the flak.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

Upton Carp wrote:Fair enough...Just let me know when you require them to be 'un-minced'
Savid Dullivan is a cying lunt.
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

davids cross wrote:
The big miss was propably the spitting miss for Masuaku.

Masuaku is a shocking defender, and pretty crap at everything else.
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 229 likes
Total likes: 1455 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

Lack of investment and broken promises.

It’s as simple as that. They have never and will never acknowledge that both of those things lie at their door.

I haven’t listened to the interview just as I haven’t listened to anything that any of th Downey’s or board have said for designed to push away supporters to enable them to sell to a new breed who are happy to watch ‘Manchester City’s’ superstars every week.

f*** em.
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Ben »

carnage wrote: Masuaku is a shocking defender, and pretty crap at everything else.
Apart from the stuff in this video
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Adrianisournumber1 wrote:https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ssion=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I saw this article on the sun and I couldn't help but notice the surname of the publisher is it a relation to that muppet West Ham leaker of info

Also I think gold am sulli are right here, they cocked up on transfers before and it clear they don't want to get it wrong and this guy had a disaster at Malaga.
4 days from appointment to 'concerns about the managers choices'.

That's a record even for this lot, isn't it? Image
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

Samba wrote:
"Upton Carp"]Fair enough...Just let me know when you require them to be 'un-minced'

Savid Dullivan is a cying lunt.

Can't wait for that to be un-minced despite there being absolutely no need to actually do so.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

carnage wrote: Masuaku is a shocking defender, and pretty crap at everything else.
Massive outlet down the left side. Can get you up the pitch in a flash when you've been penned deep in your own half. Yeah, he takes a chance near his own area sometimes.....but that's the balance you weigh...

He's a winger playing at wing back, rather than a left back playing at wing back. Naturally he is going to be better at the attacking part. And he is very, very good at that part. A nightmare when he is playing well. Consistency of performance is his problem (especially his thoughts at the end of a long ball run and dribble) and yes you can aim that at him........but being crap at everything ????....

When Cresswell moved there to cover for his absence it was clear how much he was missed.............and when Masuaku returned that feeling was underlined further.

Frustrating sometimes yes I agree, but crap, no. He has a lot of talent, it shouldn't be dismissed so easily.
Upton Carp
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Upton Carp »

Savid Dullivan is a cying lunt.[
Top un-mincing! I shall leave the field to your superior talents. :)
The Old Mile End
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 91 likes

Post by The Old Mile End »

The mistake they all make is talking.
hammer1975

Post by hammer1975 »

apathy, too much of it around this summer?

Do the ownership feel any pressure at this point - after the last two seasons and four poor windows?

Is there any reason to really believe that they are changing as they promised?
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

hammer1975 wrote:apathy, too much of it around this summer?

Do the ownership feel any pressure at this point - after the last two seasons and four poor windows?

Is there any reason to really believe that they are changing as they promised?
not enough, a bit but they think they can scrape through yet again, none whatsoever; respectively.
QuintonNimoy

Post by QuintonNimoy »

hammer1975 wrote:I know that some go with the perception that he’s a doddering old fella who gets a bit confused but has the right intentions

I think he’s quite manipulative and disingenuous with his language and direction personally

Wouldn’t trust him as far as I could throw him

Latest nonsense statement is clearly to influence perception of the squad (and is clearly nonsense as Bubbs more articulately highlights)
This. Gold may not have amassed quite the wealth that Sullivan has, but it's not because of scruples. They are both playing exactly the same game, Gold is just less hands-on and he knows Sullivan will run things exactly how he likes it.

Regarding the new nonsense surrounding the DoF selection, this is a position that potentially wields considerable financial power so it's no surprise that he's under attack. They want to directly control where every penny is going, they will never allow a serious management structure of this kind.

For those lauding Pellegrini, they won't be that bothered if he walks. They always f*** with their managers like this. The fact he has a track record of keeping quiet in the media despite problems behind the scenes may be the biggest attraction for them, it may in fact herald them squeezing even harder in the expectation Pellegrini will just take it. Time will tell.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
hammer1975

Post by hammer1975 »

Sullivan still in charge of financials inevitably = clusterfuck window