Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by chigwells finest »

i do think this will be Golds last season , as i think he will retire and pass the poison chalice to his daughters
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 756 likes
Total likes: 3479 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Albie Beck wrote:You're just showing off now...
All hail Ctrl/C & Ctrl/V!
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2390 likes

Post by Ozza »

Venky's is a rubbish comparison to anything really, they bought a limited football club, with limited commercial opportunity for the grand sum of 20m and a 20m debt anyone buying that club was going to be 2 bob.

Let's say we ignore our owners valuation of our club, but lets say it's worth 300 - 450m, well that's serious money which means you get a serious player as apposed to some chicken farmers playing at football manager.

Every spin of the dice, of new owners has a risk, but seriously there has to be someone out there better than the dodgy Daves and their West Ham market stall, spinning the Blackburn fiasco shouldn't frighten people into wanting more or wanting change?
Devs Hampton
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Devs Hampton »

QuintonNimoy wrote:[
Hmmm, I feel like that's a bit more than a counterbalance, more like the most unlikely and unbalancing comparison I've seen in my football life!

I take the point though, but we've fared better than some - than many in fact.
Yet we no longer own a ground, how is that better than anyone?
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

So if the Venkys are the worse case scenario, weren't the other bidders at the time (alternative options) Tony Fernandez and Massimo Cellino?
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

Spiegel leaving .goodbye tweet says"thanks everyone at West Ham for grooming him "obviously idiots on twitter make a thing of the "grooming" tweet it to DG and the old fool goes and retweets it .This is why he shouldn't be anywhere near twitter ,absolutely clueless.This is why we are a laughing stock almost as bad as the In inbetweeners retweet.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

bubbles500 wrote:Spiegel leaving .goodbye tweet says"thanks everyone at West Ham for grooming him "obviously idiots on twitter make a thing of the "grooming" tweet it to DG and the old fool goes and retweets it .This is why he shouldn't be anywhere near twitter ,absolutely clueless.This is why we are a laughing stock almost as bad as the In inbetweeners retweet.
Bet you're great at parties.
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

Bet you're great at parties.[/quote]

Yeah I'm great thanks mate,but have no idea how that ties up with wanting my football club to be run like a professional outfit and not some banter club.
coyi27

Post by coyi27 »

Edited by a moderator

In a moderators voice

Give the personal abuse a rest

coyi27 you've been warned before

But clearly take no notice
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

bubbles500 wrote:Spiegel leaving .goodbye tweet says"thanks everyone at West Ham for grooming him "obviously idiots on twitter make a thing of the "grooming" tweet it to DG and the old fool goes and retweets it .This is why he shouldn't be anywhere near twitter ,absolutely clueless.This is why we are a laughing stock almost as bad as the In inbetweeners retweet.
How the f*** have you got yourself all worked up over that?

Edited by a moderator

Personal dig removed

If you can't debate without resorting to snide digs then best you keep off the internet yourself

Thank you
coyi27

Post by coyi27 »

edited by a moderator

This isn't a debate

You have been moderated and warned many times

Have a think about why you are being moderated

Any replies to this moderation will be deleted

If you have an issue

Contact editor@kumb.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thank you
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

I actually thought this thread was a place to discuss G&S maturely.I have given my opinion that I think Gold retweeting tweets that's are sent too him intending to make him look a fool,indeed make him look a fool.Imo the whole tone of a club comes from the very top.If your chairman is being made to look an idiot on twitter it doesn't exactly set the best example and just adds to the thought we are totally unprofessional and a laughing stock.
mushy
Has liked: 650 likes
Total likes: 871 likes

Post by mushy »

Do you really think anyone actually takes any notice of this apart from a few West Ham fans who chose to follow Gold on Twitter?
Nobody really cares.
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

He has 180k followers .Id multiply that by 50 with RTs for amount of people that see his tweets.So its a bit more than a few people notice.His inbetweeners tweet got about 50k RTs alone .my point is it just adds to the conception that "we are run like a circus ".Virtually every footballer has a twitter account.I wouldn't underestimate things that go into people's subconscious,that forms their opinion.
mushy
Has liked: 650 likes
Total likes: 871 likes

Post by mushy »

You are making a drama out of nothing, do yourself a favour and forget all about it.
Get yourself down the pub..
Roby
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 263 likes

Post by Roby »

hammerdivone wrote:So if the Venkys are the worse case scenario, weren't the other bidders at the time (alternative options) Tony Fernandez and Massimo Cellino?
Yes.

Cellino is clearly a shyster but although Fernandez is a bit misguided and bought a load of overpriced rubbish for QPR I still think his intentions were more honest than that of G&S.

The same January we were signing a sadly past it Joe Cole on a free transfer and the abysmal Chamakh on loan they splashed massive money on bringing Loic Remy to England.

Okay they got relegated under his tenure but that doesn't mean he wasn't ambitious and backed his managers with more financial outlay than we've seen under his rival bidders for our club.
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Fernandez is a bit misguided...

That has given me the biggest laugh for a long time, thank you :D
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 52 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Roby wrote:
Yes.

Cellino is clearly a shyster but although Fernandez is a bit misguided and bought a load of overpriced rubbish for QPR I still think his intentions were more honest than that of G&S.

The same January we were signing a sadly past it Joe Cole on a free transfer and the abysmal Chamakh on loan they splashed massive money on bringing Loic Remy to England.

Okay they got relegated under his tenure but that doesn't mean he wasn't ambitious and backed his managers with more financial outlay than we've seen under his rival bidders for our club.
Using someone else's money.
Ludeksgloves
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 480 likes

Post by Ludeksgloves »

You can say what you like about them as football owners, but you can't fault their songwriting abilities back in the day.

bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

Why is DG retweeting a disgruntled fans tweet of our transfer business so far.He literally has no idea what he is doing,or is agreeing we've done **** so far.Utterly clueless.