Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Kialos
Has liked: 1548 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by Kialos »

woodford wrote:
If she were to 'move on' to a new venture, how would this play out ? Would G & S do the usual and start to blame her within 24 hours of her leaving
The thing is Sullivan has relied heavily on Brady for many years having basically learnt the job as she went along. When she goes, which I agree can't be too long now, they will be struggling even more. That's not in any shape or form an endorsement of Brady BTW, she is out of her depth same as the owners.

The club need to be recruiting high calibre talent that other clubs would be happy to employ, as it is we are largely recruiting people on the basis of them being desperate enough to work for the board.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

goa127 wrote:
So selling your best players, often unavoidable, and replacing them with players of steadily declining quality whilst banking large amounts of money is a model that would be approved of ? Southampton have indicated to everyone that they are very much a selling club and that gives the players a view that they can bag a big time move if they do well. If they get relegated this season it will be as a direct result of this policy. Sooner or later the well of youth products must run dry. It's a great shame for the club and for the league as another club who might have challenged the modern elite sinks back into mediocrity.
Targeting players with good injury records? The currently out injured again Charlie Austin perhaps? (famously derided by sulli in his usual tactful way as having no ligaments in his knee). But he was cheap. Please don't let our board hear you approve of this :)

They have sold some remarkable talent. Much like we did 20 years ago. However, they have made decent cash out of it. They have not bundled debt onto the club and are not run like a Mickey Mouse outfit.

They have a decent youth setup that they pay good money for and that they are using to produce very good players.

At the same time they have a professional scouting system that they use to analyse players so that when they sell a player they have a list of players for that position. The same goes for the manager's position.

They have their own stadium. A football ground where there fans get to go and watch their team. They even employ their own stewards and get to decide on the policies inside their stadium that affect their own fans.

What have we got?
Last edited by Mega Ron on Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kialos
Has liked: 1548 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

We've got a similarly leaky roof to theirs?
Mega Ron

Post by Mega Ron »

Kialos wrote:We've got a similarly leaky roof to theirs?
If they choose to they can pay to get theirs fixed.

I doubt our owners or the owners of the stadium give a ****.
view from the shires
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by view from the shires »

Kialos wrote:We've got a similarly leaky roof to theirs?
And like us they didn't pay for theirs...................yet they own it. Administration worked well for them.
Mega Ron

Post by Mega Ron »

view from the shires wrote:
And like us they didn't pay for theirs...................yet they own it. Administration worked well for them.
If only we'd had the same chance
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2896 likes
Total likes: 619 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

view from the shires wrote: And like us they didn't pay for theirs...................yet they own it. Administration worked well for them.
It worked even better for Leicester.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5678 likes
Total likes: 3096 likes

Post by MB »

And we are West Ham... we all know what would happen if we went into administration!

Putting the stadium to one side, wasn’t the rebranding supposed to bring in big commercial bucks (which also help with FFP)? Wasn’t that the main reason given as to why we are paying Brady a small fortune?
goa127
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by goa127 »

It seems like double standards to describe Southampton's situation as a well run club, when the board have completely asset stripped it in a way G&S would be envious of. I'm not saying this to mitigate What G&S have done ,just to point out that it is rife in football, money attracts vultures.
Mega Ron

Post by Mega Ron »

But they haven't asset stripped it.

They have a fully funded and functioning youth setup. We don't.

They have their own ground. We don't

They have cash in the bank. We definitely don't
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1296 likes
Total likes: 684 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

goa127 wrote:It seems like double standards to describe Southampton's situation as a well run club, when the board have completely asset stripped it in a way G&S would be envious of. I'm not saying this to mitigate What G&S have done ,just to point out that it is rife in football, money attracts vultures.
You’ve really got absolutely nothing left in your defend-or-deflect-away-from-the-board armoury have you other than to point at other struggling clubs and say that our c**** aren’t the only c****?
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1858 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Mr West Ham‏ @MrWestHam64

@davidgold watching this now just makes me even more angry, you told a dream to convince us that it was the right move because you knew that otherwise poeple would have been more passionate to stop the move, I never wanted the move and I know the majority didn’t, reply please!

David Gold‏Verified account @davidgold

David Gold Retweeted Mr West Ham
Mr West Ham you don’t KNOW that the majority of West Ham fans didn’t want to leave Upton Park you are guessing. However we do have 50,000 loyal season ticket holders and circa 50,000 fans on the waiting list. FACT. dg

added a few minutes later

David Gold Retweeted David Gold
I personally hated the thought of moving, but I in-braced it, because I believed it was the right thing to do in the long term best interest of the club. dg
NorthBankAlliance

Post by NorthBankAlliance »

Some of Golds retweets are unreal.

He hates our support, & looks down on it...no doubt about it.
HammerPDC
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by HammerPDC »

NorthBankAlliance wrote:Some of Golds retweets are unreal.

So true I cannot understand any sympathy towards him he Is just as bad as Sullivan absolutely steadfast refuses to acknowledge a differing view from their own deserves every single piece of abuse he gets

In fact if there was a bloke whose shares I want stolen and for their wife to be playing away with their best mate Gold is perfect :)
Last edited by HammerPDC on Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

NorthBankAlliance wrote:Some of Golds retweets are unreal.

And people try and give him slack for being a west ham fan, he is complicit in every devious move and untruth, he does his version of his role his way, its just the same end product
NorthBankAlliance

Post by NorthBankAlliance »

HammerPDC & sicknote :thup:

He’s an arrogant old ****, who thinks he’s above us.

Don’t understand the leeway he’s given at all...
Tenbury
Has liked: 729 likes
Total likes: 1232 likes

Post by Tenbury »

If he's capable of thought at all...hilarious , a sad old twat with a load of cash.He thinks he's better than us? Pitiful, I wouldn't piss in his ear if his brain was on fire.
sgb1972
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by sgb1972 »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:

David Gold Retweeted Mr West Ham
Mr West Ham you don’t KNOW that the majority of West Ham fans didn’t want to leave Upton Park you are guessing. However we do have 50,000 loyal season ticket holders and circa 50,000 fans on the waiting list. FACT. dg[/i]
He knows full well that just because we keep selling season tickets, doesn’t mean everyone’s happy.

They are masters at exploiting loyal football fans. The only business they’ve ever had were customers keep coming back regardless, which they are fully aware of.
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 478 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

Gold is a total fraud. A multi millionaire that some people think he has achieved by being a nice and kind chap. Wake up and smell the roses. He is in some ways worse that Sullivan.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1858 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

There are a load more (re)tweets from Gold on twitter right now. I shan't bore you with them but you can guess their contents. It's like a one-man echo chamber.