Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by chigwells finest »

i want more gawdy photos from them showing how poor their taste in furniture is , just so that i can rub more salt into my whiplashed wounds
comebackjoecole

Post by comebackjoecole »

should really be in the "where's the money gone" thread too Image

pass me a bucket.........
comebackjoecole

Post by comebackjoecole »

good grief [
Last edited by bristolhammerfc on Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Huge image removed
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

^^^ Weber barbecue in the living room ?
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

I wondered where my trust Weber had got too!

You can tell they are propa classy, even the cushions have got their own sofa
61dicksey
Has liked: 555 likes
Total likes: 401 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

Sums them up completely “ mock”
Condorhammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Condorhammer »

The deluded Cossack could probably walk straight into that fireplace without hitting his head, hence the fire guard.
Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by Diogenes »

Miles Standish Proud wrote:Diogenes
I think that given that feelings are running so high, the debate on here is extremely measured with a high degree of respect afforded to all posters. Anything out of bounds is swiftly moderated,
The idea of pro-board posters somehow getting a raw deal is a bit off the mark in my view.
But vocally pro-board do have to understand that the general consensus among contributors is that the board are shafting us. Anyone that challenges the prevailing narrative - or any widely held belief on this or any other forum and indeed in all walks of life - needs to expect to be challenged.
The other thing to remember is that anyone with a pro-board stance is currently arguing in the face of all the evidence.
Not sure what point you are making Miles, because I wouldn't necessarily disagree with the sentiment of your post. I wasn't trying to defend pro-board and neither were the points I raised. I'm certainly not 'pro board' and neither are a lot of the more moderate posters. That is where I was coming from. My post was an honest response to Georgees question asking for an example of a good decision. I admit I have much longer list of answers for bad decisions, but that wasn't the question asked. To be fair, I cant remember seeing that many posters actually taking a 'pro board stance' but I do see some offering a different view and/or making a contrary point that is not always respected.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I like Gold's house and must admit if I had his money, I too would have a copter
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2072 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

To be fair to him, he did have both house and helicopter before he bought West Ham.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

I love the swimming pool , think I'll get one in pink .
War Pony
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Post by War Pony »

Someone should put us up on ebay for sale... i would if i knew how! That would start some momentum and get a response from the clowns
Ted Fenton
Location: Rural Sevilla & the quieter part of Costa del Sol, sunny Spain
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Ted Fenton »

comebackjoecole wrote:pass me a bucket.........
As dear old Cupid Stunt used to say, "It's all in the best possible taste."
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

GreenStHammer wrote:Oh and they do all the above, while feeding lie after lie to the fans. Pretending about clearing the debt, when they just moved it to debt to them, at 7% interest. Which they then claim they had to, due to the market r rates or something.

Always moaning about FFP, time and time again, when no other clubs do. Putting confidentiality agreements into contracts, and then undermining managers and players. So they can totally lie about things, and blame others who can't deny it due to confidentiality clauses.

Always hunting for loans, then never wanting to buy the players Ala zaza. Just terrible. If only the average fan could know all this. They would be wanted right out the door!

Year after year, pretending to chase big money players, knowing they are low balling and will be rejected. On the odd occasion where it seems that it's a possibility, Ala bacca and Carvalho, they pull the plug for some bs reason.

// rant over
Damn good rant mind... and fundamentally true too.
Frank fellover

Post by Frank fellover »

These pair really believe they have everything that life could offer with their posing show of wealth, however what positive legacy do these two old men hope to leave to their time on this earth, other then making lots of shady money from a socially dubious means and then destroying a 100 year football clubs traditions. I would have thought given their age, they would look at Blackburns Jack Walker's dedication to his club as someone to aspire to. Currently I very much doubt these two will be remotely remembered in years to come, let alone have statues erected in their honour outside the stadium. What a pair of twits they are!
FreeWheeling
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by FreeWheeling »

War Pony wrote:Someone should put us up on ebay for sale... i would if i knew how! That would start some momentum and get a response from the clowns
We done that with Basingstoke Town, It turned out that the owner had no intention of selling the club anyway as the ground it stood on was worth more , so he sold that instead
It does however get 'a response' :D
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38227594" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rocket
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Rocket »

chigwells finest wrote:who do people think is more unpopular , Terry Brown or the dildo ensemble ?
I think GSB are the most unpopular ever. Brown was bad but he didn't take us away from our home against our will. That trumps anything that anyone else has done.
Frank fellover

Post by Frank fellover »

I think GSB are the most unpopular ever. Brown was bad but he didn't take us away from our home against our will. That trumps anything that anyone else has done.[/quote]

I've no doubt he would have done had the stadium been on offer. Dont forget this man turned up at WH as a skint accountant running Gales testimonial fund. Ended up majority share holder without investing a penny of his own money and sold to the ice men for millions!...The mans a proper cxxt as well.
uptonparkhurst
Location: The World Wide Web - where men are men,women are men,and children are the Metropolitan Police
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by uptonparkhurst »

Frank fellover wrote: I've no doubt he would have done had the stadium been on offer. Dont forget this man turned up at WH as a skint accountant running Gales testimonial fund. Ended up majority share holder without investing a penny of his own money and sold to the ice men for millions!...The mans a proper cxxt as well.
He dealt with Joorbachian, hence our acquisition of Tevez and Mascherano (we all know how that ended) only to sell up to a dodgy billionaire without due diligence.He laid the sandy foundations that led indirectly to G&S riding in at the eleventh hour to "rescue" us. 3 of a kind.
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

As much as Terrence Brown had his faults

No one could have foreseen the Icelandic bank crash at the time he sold the club

Met him a few times, as knowledgeable a West Ham fan as I’ve ever met, and had plenty of time, and genuinely tried to explain the clubs postion, had a few harsh words with him as well but he was always decent and even after would be a gent

A lots rightly laid at his door but a good man and I think genuinely cared but didn’t have the pockets deep enough and sold as soon as we could after the EGM made it almost imperative he had to for the future of the club

Unlike the chancers we have now, I’d have a drink now with Terrence,

I would not again the current lot , but begrudgingly have done , although he is teetotal , the current lot