Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

woodford
Has liked: 412 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by woodford »

not that anything they do resembles common sense, but getting in a very expensive 64 year old manager and not buying anyone as a result would be beyond stupid even for them.

Sullivan cant resist a loan, the world and his wife know that. But i can't imagine anyone that bothers to want to see our training facility would be stupid enough to overlook budget for players

If nothing else G&S are self preserving, they know what'll happen as much as we do should they go for the cheap obvious option yet again
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

^ another underwhelming campaign and little to no unrest?
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

woodford wrote:not that anything they do resembles common sense, but getting in a very expensive 64 year old manager and not buying anyone as a result would be beyond stupid even for them.

Sullivan cant resist a loan, the world and his wife know that. But i can't imagine anyone that bothers to want to see our training facility would be stupid enough to overlook budget for players

If nothing else G&S are self preserving, they know what'll happen as much as we do should they go for the cheap obvious option yet again
Problem is Woodford the loan joke was probably started by him to cover the real ‘loans’ that he really does love - they will take out a loan to cover the cost of paying out for Pellegrini given half a chance. If not for Pellegrini it’ll be to raise the funds for player purchases.
ereford ammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by ereford ammer »

West Ham is the North Korea of the prem. We are run by unaccountable self serving incompetents
woodford

Post by woodford »

you're right there Georgee

Doubtless they'll take their top slice off. But in all truth unless something happens we'll have a horrendous season. You can see on here alone how the fan base now feels. The first goal against, the first loss at home and it'll turn again,

Ive no idea what the answer is without them p***ing off , but as long as they are here, we cant knock them for spending and knock them for not spending

I also cant see MP joining without a budget in place
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

ereford ammer wrote:West Ham is the North Korea of the prem. We are run by unaccountable self serving incompetents
He might be surrounded by them, but I doubt Kim Jong Un is an incompetent
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

woodford wrote:Ive no idea what the answer is without them p***ing off
ISIS
woodford

Post by woodford »

:lol: or a sniper, half a mile away from where they sit...... so maybe the East stand roof
BubbleBoy

Post by BubbleBoy »

I can Woodford.
I think we'll probably sign perhaps two players (midfielders) around the 20m mark. I would guess Mario would be one of them.
The defense won't be addressed because Sullivan will hope MP will be able work some sort of miracle and get this team to score as many as they concede.
He is banking on fans being happy with 3-3s and mid table. If it happens he'll probably get away with it too.
woodford

Post by woodford »

well we're going to know soon enough
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

I'm sure Sullivan is still convinced, despite all the evidence, that the only problem all along is that he has been unable to appoint through no fault of his own, that quality manager he so earnestly sought. After all judging by Brady's claim not long ago that money HAS been spent just not as well as it could have, you can see how Sully would rationalise that he has provided money it's just those pesky incompetent managers to blame for misspending it, remember this is a delusional mind we are dealing with here. So I can well believe he will think this appointment should it happen will solve most of the prevailing problems, it's just repairing all the previous managers errors that will take time and you can bet he will be asking the fans to be patient (for the umpteenth time) and that he is working 24 hour a day to put things right convinced no doubt that enough of the fanbase will buy into it because of a glossy well respected manager. If it breaks down at the last minute mind...
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

ereford ammer wrote:West Ham is the North Korea of the prem. We are run by unaccountable self serving incompetents
Puff Daddy wrote: He might be surrounded by them, but I doubt Kim Jong Un is an incompetent
I disagree, most sons of former rulers are incompetent as they've never had to do anything for themselves.
ereford ammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by ereford ammer »

Rocketron wrote:
I disagree, most sons of former rulers are incompetent as they've never had to do anything for themselves.[/quote]

Exactly. A bit like somebody we all know whose daddy got her a job at the club and is able to hang onto it despite showing her total incompetence.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

Puff Daddy wrote:He might be surrounded by them, but I doubt Kim Jong Un is an incompetent
They've got Kim Jong Un, we've got Dave Wrong 'Un..
Sir_Trevor
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 338 likes

Post by Sir_Trevor »

Samba wrote: They've got Kim Jong Un, we've got Dave Wrong 'Un..
:lol:
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

I’m amazed so few picked up on Sulli’s interview around the time of the Burnley protests

He said we’d done good business in the recent windows but needed a bit of luck as transfers are largely down to luck

We’d just been unlucky - that’s all

I know, it’s nonsense. But it’s very worrying that he openly thinks that
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

hammer1975 wrote:.....We’d just been unlucky - that’s all....
It's true though, simply unlucky, unlucky that Sullivan seriously believes what he says :fsake: :?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Didn't Terrance Brown say that it was our turn to relegated when it happened ...or am I imagining that...

:?
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

hammer1975 wrote:I’m amazed so few picked up on Sulli’s interview around the time of the Burnley protests

He said we’d done good business in the recent windows but needed a bit of luck as transfers are largely down to luck. We’d just been unlucky - that’s all
I know, it’s nonsense. But it’s very worrying that he openly thinks that
Seriously he's totally non-plussed, to put it politely, that the fans (or in his mind the few malcontents) could possibly question what he is doing, which is why at times his decisions are so damn irrational, instinctively dismissive of, but on occasion reactive to criticism but either way without remotely understanding its root causes. Delusion does not do this character justice.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Samba wrote: They've got Kim Jong Un, we've got Dave Wrong 'Un..
genuine lolz that, well played sir :lol: