Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

simonirons
Has liked: 372 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by simonirons »

Wasn’t at the match yesterday, did the get the area infront of the directors box closed off only to sit elsewhere?
Iron-on-transfer
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 260 likes

Post by Iron-on-transfer »

I sit in the East Stand opposite (so I'm obviously in a completely different postcode) but all I could see was tons of stewards that were round every side of the box that were clearly meant to stop anyone from attempting to come from around the sides from other areas.

Sullivan and spouse were towards the back of the box area (and not central as usual) sitting behind perspex. He'd left Sir Trev, Southgate and the rest of the crew in front of the shield so that if anything did happen they would act as his own personal human shield and they could take any potential ricochets.

Instead of his normal Russian outfit, I noticed Sully was in a flat cap and normal coat. I expect the wife had said "If you're so sh*t scared of these yobs, then what the feck are you doing dressing like a prat every game? You're sticking out like a sore thumb in that get-up you moron".
:lol:
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

kin 'ell.
Home shirts now down to £10!
Keep going..
stevieboy
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by stevieboy »

Great bit of business that. Anyone who buys a shirt every year will now know to wait until March and get it for a tenner.
Maybe a protest will be for no-one to buy next seasons shirt until March next year.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

On Trevor - this isn't the first time he's stuck by the club to the fans' disappointment. He allowed himself to be used extensively in the summer of 2003 by Terry Brown to explain the sale of Cole, Johnson and Lampard by insisting we'd have been unable to pay their wages had we kept them all.
bengeo
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by bengeo »

simonirons wrote:Wasn’t at the match yesterday, did the get the area infront of the directors box closed off only to sit elsewhere?

simonirons
Has liked: 372 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by simonirons »

Iron-on-transfer wrote: Sullivan and spouse were towards the back of the box area (and not central as usual) sitting behind perspex.
bengeo wrote:

Cheers both :thup:
Hammerite

Post by Hammerite »

Up the Junction wrote:On Trevor - this isn't the first time he's stuck by the club to the fans' disappointment. He allowed himself to be used extensively in the summer of 2003 by Terry Brown to explain the sale of Cole, Johnson and Lampard by insisting we'd have been unable to pay their wages had we kept them all.
Also appeared on the cover of the clubs Xmas catalogue (bizarrely with Bonzo), so don’t think he’s as ‘impartial’ as many make out.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Sullivan's Puppet - Jim White will be discussing West Ham on his show today..
brooking_1980
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 58 likes

Post by brooking_1980 »

Just heard the Millwall chairman on the radio, talking about the fans and how important they are, how they create the atmosphere, how valuable they are to the Team, of course there are some idiots, but not many and name a Club that don't have idiots. But they get thanked from the away teams how nice their fans are and how welcome they are next time etc etc. A nice speech from a proper chairman.

Contrast to West Ham, where the Board see the fans as a necessary evil.
BostonHammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by BostonHammer »

prophet:marginal wrote: Puff, repeatedly posting the same thing doesn't really make it more likely, does it?
That depends on a man's religious convictions or at least belief that collective conscious energy can be directed.
Happyhammer52
Has liked: 148 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Happyhammer52 »

brooking_1980 wrote:Just heard the Millwall chairman on the radio, talking about the fans and how important they are, how they create the atmosphere, how valuable they are to the Team, of course there are some idiots, but not many and name a Club that don't have idiots. But they get thanked from the away teams how nice their fans are and how welcome they are next time etc etc. A nice speech from a proper chairman.

Contrast to West Ham, where the Board see the fans as a necessary evil.
Think they are out of debt now as well, doing bloody well in the league as well.
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

And I'm sure we would make them very welcome at the London Stadium if we ever get drawn against them in the Cup
War Pony
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Post by War Pony »

Just come across this 20 min video by canning town len, if you are having a slow friday! Worth a watch! Probably a repost but meh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-WDqXSm5rQ
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

Some rare positive news from Sullivan. Just been talking to a relative of the fella who is in hospital in Thailand after a motorbike accident(been on London news) and she said 'did you hear what West Ham gave to his fund?' Apparently Sullivan has given £17,500 to the fund as he is an Irons supporter. I don't know if it was the club's cash or his own but I doubt if the boy in question cares much.
CB_CB

Post by CB_CB »

simonirons wrote:Wasn’t at the match yesterday, did the get the area infront of the directors box closed off only to sit elsewhere?

they've also blocked all access between BML and West Stand, my mate couldn't come have a pint on the beer deck
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

goa127 wrote: Apparently Sullivan has given £17,500 to the fund
how many instalments?
crosby

Post by crosby »

goa127 wrote:Some rare positive news from Sullivan. Just been talking to a relative of the fella who is in hospital in Thailand after a motorbike accident(been on London news) and she said 'did you hear what West Ham gave to his fund?' Apparently Sullivan has given £17,500 to the fund as he is an Irons supporter. I don't know if it was the club's cash or his own but I doubt if the boy in question cares much.
He donated 1,800 Australian dollars (Approx. £980). Not quite the £17,500 but still very much appreciated.

It's shown on the gofundme page which is still open.
Hindley Hammer
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 48 likes

Post by Hindley Hammer »

goa127 wrote: Apparently Sullivan has given £17,500 to the fund as he is an Irons supporter.
interest @6% to be charged no doubt.
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 1853 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

crosby wrote:He donated 1,800 Australian dollars (Approx. £980). Not quite the £17,500 but still very much appreciated.

It's shown on the gofundme page which is still open.
Sullivan, or at least someone with access to his credit card, seems to pop up fairly often on these sorts of things.

I'll revise my opinion and only wish the 6th circle of hell upon him.