Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

jonnysissons
Has liked: 53 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by jonnysissons »

Bless him. :)
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2894 likes
Total likes: 618 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

Part of the article on BBC Sport regarding the possible sale of Newcastle

'Ashley has supported Newcastle financially for many years. The £129m in loans he has given the club are all interest free.
His incremental purchase of 100% of Newcastle shares cost a total of around £134m in 2007.
That is a £263m investment in all - leaving him £13m out of pocket on a bid of £250m.'
goa127
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by goa127 »

Hammer.CA wrote:Part of the article on BBC Sport regarding the possible sale of Newcastle

'Ashley has supported Newcastle financially for many years. The £129m in loans he has given the club are all interest free.
His incremental purchase of 100% of Newcastle shares cost a total of around £134m in 2007.
That is a £263m investment in all - leaving him £13m out of pocket on a bid of £250m.'
Surely a bid of £250m is for the shares. The £129m loan will still be outstanding? I can't see Ashley going for it otherwise
OFT
Has liked: 3241 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by OFT »

It's off according to the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42710412" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Us next??
Hammer1972
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

Well, if the Newcastle deal was called off because Ashely had an unrealistic view of his clubs value...I'm gonna say it seems unlikely.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 336 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Our board seem unusually quiet, or have I missed it?

I like the quietness in fairness.
Fishdo
Has liked: 105 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Fishdo »

From what I read from Newcastle the deal fell through because PCP wanted a compensation clause from Ashley if the club were relegated at end of season...

The implication is Ashley was willing to sell for £250m...
claretandblue82
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by claretandblue82 »

So they could of bought Newcastle for £250m. There is no chance they will buy us instead. The dildos will want £600m, plus we don't have a proper ground, which is filled with day trippers rather than 50,000 committed supporters like Newcastle!

If I was a businessman I would rather buy Newcastle than us!
goa127

Post by goa127 »

claretandblue82 wrote:So they could of bought Newcastle for £250m. There is no chance they will buy us instead. The dildos will want £600m, plus we don't have a proper ground, which is filled with day trippers rather than 50,000 committed supporters like Newcastle!

If I was a businessman I would rather buy Newcastle than us!
The difference is Newcastle is (to misquote Sting) A northern outpost of the empire town. That's why 'London': has been put on the badge, to let people in the far east (not Colchester)know where we are. Tourists are probably bigger spenders than loyal fans so I think yes West Ham is a more attractive proposition than Newcastle to buyers. I'm wary of who might buy in the future, I really don't want to jump out of the frying pan into the fire. Owners like Jack Walker are the exception, most are in it for personal glory and to make money. Newcastle supporters have been strung along for years with talk of new owners, meanwhile Ashley follows the now familiar tactic (popular everywhere) of promising the earth and coming up with nothing.
It makes you wonder if there's football club owners society where all the a*8ehole owners gather together and swap stories and laugh like Bond villans at the mugs, sorry supporters.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

its got to the stage , where billionaires ( on paper ) like ashley and maybe sullivan , cannot compete on any level with the likes of man city chelsea etc . Alexis sanchez wages/deal just proves the point
goa127

Post by goa127 »

chigwells finest wrote:its got to the stage , where billionaires ( on paper ) like ashley and maybe sullivan , cannot compete on any level with the likes of man city chelsea etc . Alexis sanchez wages/deal just proves the point
definitely
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Ashley done an interest free loan !!! He should took 7% like G&S the big West Ham fans
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1296 likes
Total likes: 684 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

Our owners are the scum of the earth. Parasites. Already this club is unrecognisable from the one they ‘saved’. The longer they stay the less of us remains.

Could we have worse owners? Yes, it’s just about possible. Are we likely to get even worse owners than we have? I’d put the chances at about 10%. Will we to all intents and purposes cease to be recogniseably West Ham under the current owners? 100% yes.

So to those who play the “most owners are c****” card as if somehow the scavenging, greedy, filth who have ruined our club are on a par with average owners, or who try to frighten us with scary visions of the Venkys I say “thanks, but I’ll take my chances”.

We cannot be less West Ham than we are under this lot. We cannot be less unambitious than we are under this lot. We cannot be West Ham under owners who haven’t got a clue about what West Ham has always been about. Twist - then the club can have my money again.
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 478 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

Brinkmanship. Will be completed
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

8 years today: Gold and Sullivan bought a majority stake in West Ham United Football Club
David Sullivan and David Gold have completed their takeover of West Ham United, buying 50% of the club with an option to acquire the remaining 50%. They will have operational and commercial control of the club with immediate effect and the duo, who sold Birmingham City to Carson Yeung this season, said Gianfranco Zola will definitely stay on as the club's manager. The deal values West Ham at £105m.

"We will spell out the book we are taking over," Sullivan said on BBC 5 Live. "The imbalance in the squad and the crazy wages the Icelandics were paying that brought the club to its knees."

Sullivan confirmed that Karren Brady, who was managing director at Birmingham, will become vice-chairman at Upton Park. He told Sky Sports that the club was in a "serious mess". "I don't think we would have bought West Ham if we weren't fans. It is a serious mess there but we are West Ham fans and it is nice to see that we beat off two foreign investors.

"Zola is absolutely staying. I can say that categorically. West Ham United need stability after all the recent upheavals. We appointed four managers and parted company with two at Birmingham in 16 years. We believe in our managers and give them the time and support they need," he added, revealing that he wants to take West Ham into the Champions League in the next decade. "We have a seven-year plan to get them into the Champions League.

"We are deeply and passionately involved in West Ham. It is where I have wanted to be for 20 years. We have done [what we have done] in a way that is good for Birmingham and we have got the club we wanted. Over the next seven years we will spend a lot of money."

Sullivan said part of their plan for the future of West Ham is to move from Upton Park to the Olympic Stadium. "It is the natural home for West Ham," he said. "We hope to persuade the government to let us move into the new Olympic Stadium and I believe the people of east London would support that move."

Sullivan and Gold became the favourites to buy the east London club after their rival Tony Fernandes, chief executive of AirAsia and team principal of the new Lotus F1 team, pulled out of the race.

Sullivan added: "West Ham is a bigger club than Birmingham with bigger aspirations and I appreciate that we have to achieve a lot more. It will be an immense privilege to lead this great football club and more importantly its supporters. Our first priority has to be securing the Premier League status of West Ham. I believe the players at this club have shown great commitment in trying circumstances and the new board and I will get behind them in every way we can."
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... m-takeover" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

goa127 wrote: I'm wary of who might buy in the future, I really don't want to jump out of the frying pan into the fire....most are in it for personal glory and to make money.
We already have that.
It makes you wonder if there's football club owners society where all the a*8ehole owners gather together and swap stories and laugh like Bond villans at the mugs, sorry supporters.
The next get together is at Jack Sullivan's pad.
MadMart
Location: "overhead a rainbow appears..... in Black and White"
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by MadMart »

8 years ago they took over - trying to save an unbalanced squad from relegation in the Jan transfer window - not come very far have we :thdn: The Daves?
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2689 likes
Total likes: 1788 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

DaveWHU1964 wrote:

Our owners are scum of the earth . Parasites .

So to those who play the “most owners are *****” card as if somehow the scavenging, greedy, filth who have ruined our club are on a par with average owners, or who try to frighten us with scary visions of the Venkys I say “thanks, but I’ll take my chances”.

We cannot be less West Ham than we are under this lot. We cannot be less unambitious than we are under this lot. .
Club plant .

:) Tee Hee !

Well said , Dave , great post , mate . Thumbs Up emoji thingy .
Marky
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 182 likes

Post by Marky »

DaveWHU1964 wrote:Our owners are the scum of the earth. Parasites. Already this club is unrecognisable from the one they ‘saved’. The longer they stay the less of us remains.

Could we have worse owners? Yes, it’s just about possible. Are we likely to get even worse owners than we have? I’d put the chances at about 10%. Will we to all intents and purposes cease to be recogniseably West Ham under the current owners? 100% yes.

So to those who play the “most owners are *****” card as if somehow the scavenging, greedy, filth who have ruined our club are on a par with average owners, or who try to frighten us with scary visions of the Venkys I say “thanks, but I’ll take my chances”.

We cannot be less West Ham than we are under this lot. We cannot be less unambitious than we are under this lot. We cannot be West Ham under owners who haven’t got a clue about what West Ham has always been about. Twist - then the club can have my money again.
Why does no one in the media 'go for them'? It beggars belief. Worse than the Oystons
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

http://kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8 ... tart=22220" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And this is how that horrendous day transpired on here