Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

nickstanley66

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by nickstanley66 »

dodger wrote:They deserve credit for this window for sure. I never thought I'd see us spend about 40 million pounds on a player with these two in charge. Credit where it's due.

Does it undo years of under-investment, the botched stadium move, countless embarrassments in the media and the lies to the fans? Of course not. It's a drop in the ocean, but at least it's a start.
We asked them to get a Director of Football, asked them to invest, someone asked for flags (dont know who or why) we got that. We need to give them a bit of slack now and get behind the team. Hopefully the other stuff will come. We jsut need Brady to stop writing her toxic column and it'll be dandy
gaptooth
Location: For the team - in a happy place. Board - in a dark place, with my head in my hands
Has liked: 145 likes
Total likes: 37 likes

Post by gaptooth »

Georgee Paris wrote:If we sell arnie this business has been worth nothing.
Absolutely.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

nickstanley66 wrote:We asked them to get a Director of Football, asked them to invest, someone asked for flags (dont know who or why) we got that. We need to give them a bit of slack now and get behind the team. Hopefully the other stuff will come. We jsut need Brady to stop writing her toxic column and it'll be dandy
f*** them.
they know they've been pushing their luck too much, this is just a way to get away with some more crap in the near future, by saying exactly what you are saying: but we gave you what you wanted!
yea sure. once. about eight years too late. after taking away A LOT MORE.

so no, i won't cut them any slack, they're c**** and they're only doing all this spending for their own good.

get behind the team for sure, but i'll never support or be sympathetic to these smug greedy thieves, i still hope they f*** off and die (but not without suffering).
Last edited by Up the Junction on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited by moderator.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2628 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

nickstanley66 wrote:We asked them to get a Director of Football, asked them to invest, someone asked for flags (dont know who or why) we got that. We need to give them a bit of slack now and get behind the team. Hopefully the other stuff will come. We jsut need Brady to stop writing her toxic column and it'll be dandy
Are you hoping for them to make the stadium anything but a dungheap? Good luck.
nickstanley66

Post by nickstanley66 »

warp wrote: **** them.
they know they've been pushing their luck too much, this is just a way to get away with some more crap in the near future, by saying exactly what you are saying: but we gave you what you wanted!
yea sure. once. about eight years too late. after taking away A LOT MORE.

so no, i won't cut them any slack, they're ***** and they're only doing all this spending for their own good.

get behind the team for sure, but i'll never support or be sympathetic to these smug greedy thieves, i still hope they **** off and die (but not without suffering).
as stated in your blurb "I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC." you dont give a toss about WHUFC, why are you even here
nickstanley66

Post by nickstanley66 »

EvilC wrote:
Are you hoping for them to make the stadium anything but a dungheap? Good luck.
I'm hoping that the "Runners" of the stadium realise its a mess and they invest or just give us the stadium like Manchester did to City

There's no going back so just look forward (unless your name is Payet)
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

nickstanley66 wrote:as stated in your blurb "I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC." you dont give a toss about WHUFC, why are you even here

to wind you up mainly, it would seem.

by the way, all of my anger was directed to those c****, not to you.
you were just the last to express that sentiment, which i think is dangerous and will ultimately let those cocksuckers off the hook.

would you care to actually reply to the points i made, or is that too much work for you?

(too bad you got here late and missed the edited bit)
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

nickstanley66 wrote:We asked them to get a Director of Football, asked them to invest, someone asked for flags (dont know who or why) we got that. We need to give them a bit of slack now and get behind the team. Hopefully the other stuff will come. We just need Brady to stop writing her toxic column and it'll be dandy
We shouldn't have needed to ask for a DoF, for them to invest the clubs money into the club or Flags to make the stadium feel like home that's their job. We shouldn't need to ask for Brady's column to be halted, yet we have and they've declined, despite as you put it, it being toxic. She should know it's not appropriate. So i'm not sure what we'd be praising them for?

Get behind the team :thup: , cut them some slack? Gonna take more than one summer window that still has 26 days remaining before I can do that
hammer1975
Has liked: 934 likes
Total likes: 1090 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Not sure where else to put this - seems our new manager is less than impressed with our new, state of the art training facilities:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ities.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
stu1
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 1024 likes

Post by stu1 »

hammer1975 wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ities.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What I don’t understand is that surely with the money in the premiership these days the cost of building state of art facilities is a pittance and well worth it?

:?
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1474 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I like the cut of Pelle boys gib, he is going to turn us into a proper run club from top to bottom :scarfer:
Patito

Post by Patito »

warp :thup:
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 393 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

is this thread actually going anywhere ? For/against , every argument has been made for both .
stu1
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 1024 likes

Post by stu1 »

chigwells finest wrote:is this thread actually going anywhere ? For/against , every argument has been made for both .
I suggest you stay away from the Mark Noble thread :wink:
simonirons
Has liked: 372 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by simonirons »

I know the events at Burnley have been attributed with the turnaround, I wouldn’t be surprised if the media taking them to task is what really made the owners dig deep into the coffers. - if there’s one thing sully cherishes more then money itself it’s his ego. - I bet it killed him getting his business acumen dissected and trashed in every rag.

I won’t get too carried away with this sudden turnaround, as chalks says. - leopards never change their spots.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Arnies gone by the end of the window and Pel boys getting pelters from them come January.
MooreHurst66

Post by MooreHurst66 »

At the end of the day the most important thing is that we perform on the pitch. All the lies, the move to the OS will be forgotten IF we start the season well particularly at home, play good attacking and entertain. Credit where credit is due these signing excite me and I am really looking forward to the season now. I don't like the OS much but all I care about is meeting up with mates and watching my team play good football and win more than they lose. All the crap with the board last season wasn't healthy but would it of happened if we were playing well and winning? No chance IMO.
warp

Post by warp »

MooreHurst66 wrote:At the end of the day the most important thing is that we perform on the pitch. All the lies, the move to the OS will be forgotten IF we start the season well particularly at home, play good attacking and entertain.
that's exactly what concerns me.
all is forgotten, then they can start being the same old c**** again, until the fans get pissed off again.
then they will get a couple of exciting players in just to make us forget.
and so on.

i do have a problem with that.

"credit where credit is due" my 'arris. even wife beaters buy them flowers from time to time.
Johnny_C WHU
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Johnny_C WHU »

[quote="warp"credit where credit is due" my 'arris. even wife beaters buy them flowers from time to time.[/quote]

:lol: Brilliant!

I completely agree with your stance Warp. It has taken them how many years to deliver and yet in one window they spend and everyone is thankful! Your sentence above sums it up lovely.

They are not investing in this window because they love the club (crossed arms pic) but because they had to, Burnley was the straw and if they didn't do anything this summer....
Happyhammer52
Has liked: 148 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Happyhammer52 »

MooreHurst66 wrote:At the end of the day the most important thing is that we perform on the pitch. All the lies, the move to the OS will be forgotten
No they won't.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

warp wrote:
"credit where credit is due" my 'arris. even wife beaters buy them flowers from time to time.
Am I supposed to buy flowers??