Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

woodywoody
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 56 likes

Re: Gold/Sullivan Stick or Twist

Post by woodywoody »

Stick as tonight may be more about Bilic and bonuses....Europe no change...Premier status big changes..
simon1982
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by simon1982 »

Yea Why Not wrote:To think where we were as a football club when they took over to where we are now

This thread is embarrassing

How many clubs of our standard with our turnover have given their managers close to £65 million in the last few years to spend on their attack?

On a night like tonight a strong manager tells the owners who runs the team. There is zero proof that the owners didn't want us in the Europa League. To me it looks like Billic didn't fancy his chances as a first time Premiership boss juggling the competition

I couldn't careless about 4/5 years ago and how they saved us! People need to move on, it's called ambition and progression. It's far from embarrassing!! It's ok for them to sell season tickets for the last year at the Boleyn by pushing European football to excite the fans but we can't be annoyed at this situation because "they saved us". Now they've got all their money in plus 20% of st money for the os why should they care.

Do you realise that we are still in the same amount of debt? Only covered up by loans from them that will have to be paid back when they sell.
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1302 likes
Total likes: 679 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

For so long people focused on Allardyce. Criminally, Sullivan got away (with most anyway) with giving the impression he wanted more but his evil, dull manager was thwarting him and holding the club back. That's all laid bare now.

This genuinely feels to me like it may be the Daves' equivalent of what Hull at home was for Sam 18 months or so ago - they can hang on for as long as they want but a tipping point has now been reached and they're now busted flushes.
beckton

Post by beckton »

Yea Why Not wrote:To think where we were as a football club when they took over to where we are now

This thread is embarrassing

We're about the same place but with higher ticket prices.
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

4th at Christmas and did f*** all. Threw a UEFA cup game live on telly. That's just this year. 1.3 billion they're worth. "Fans" my arse.

Chubby Checker the f*** off pair of ****ing schnorrers.....
Perth_Hammer

Post by Perth_Hammer »

Some pretty outrageous comments coming from members that usually talk sense. If you can't see what these owners have done for the club at this stage you have your eyes closed.

:thdn:
Vienna
Has liked: 157 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by Vienna »

People should be showing some gratitude to them, they have done a great job for this club, they deserve a lot of credit. The best owners we have had for a long time. They will decide if and when they go, not us.
wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

Morocco Mole wrote:4th at Christmas and did **** all. Threw a UEFA cup game live on telly. That's just this year. 1.3 billion they're worth. "Fans" my arse.

Chubby Checker the **** off pair of ****ing schnorrers.....
Yup. I did say last year the penny would start to drop for some.

Particularly when you add the OS migration which is whipping people up by the minute.

This thread is evidence of that. They were able to hide behind Allardyce. They can't behind Bilic - he's too popular at this stage.
Prob
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 192 likes

Post by Prob »

Give me a break they never saved us. All they did was move the £100million debt from the banks to themselves. And charge the club a even higher rate

These better ways to make money than football they will sell us in 3 years time for £500million and they won't care who they sell too

They are not fans
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 475 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

Well I don't like being lied to by anyone. Pre-season ticket sales..." we're gonna make a serious attempt to win the europa cup...bringing back European football..."

Blah blah blah..

I honestly thought when Gold said that we were going to buy big.

Instead here we are pre season with Zarate as our second striker.

He is a con man..and so is Sullivan.
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

I'd like an opinion from those who went last night. Ok for us to sit here slagging everything off but those lot out there paid good money to be told it wasn't worth it. (the football anyway) Our club really spat in the faces of those fans last night
anjado
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 58 likes

Post by anjado »

Our great failing as a club has always been our owners and their penny pinching ways. When people mock the West Ham way the reason why it is difficult to defend is because the owners for the previous 120 years have nearly always either sold our best players or failed to compliment them with players of similar quality leading to them wanting to leave.

The only times we spend money are when we are in trouble which suggests the money is always their but they don't want to spend it. Sullivan & Gold are really no different in this regard which makes them very frustrating. If you look at the numbers it makes my point sound deluded but if we are talking about net spend we have spent less than Crystal Palace this season. People can say it doesn't matter but the talk in the media and a couple of rumours on here was that we were to have a massive budget for this season. Everyone was waiting to see what West Ham would do it seems that the answer is less than Crystal Palace and we will not sign enough players for our needs due to penny pinching.

This will lead to us having to spend more money either in the next 2-3 weeks or in January both times we will have to overpay to get what we need leading us to have players who we overpaid for and can't get rid of or relegation.

We never learn our lesson as a club most of the supporters can see what will happen if we don't bring in the players we need because it has happened so many times before and i feel people are getting tired of it.

Whatever you think of the Olympic stadium move it is a massive opportunity for us to show some ambition personally i have been looking forward to this day since the Rio sale because it should give us a chance to compete with other clubs for good players and hold onto our better players. At the moment though instead of trying to bring in an extra 19.000 people by showing ambition it appears we are going to do it by letting in anyone and probably having a neutral section and all that it's so disheartening.
Cardiff here we come.....
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Cardiff here we come..... »

As much as they are winding me up, the bigger picture is they have done a good job over the last few years. We have progressed brilliantly over the past few seasons & it's the touching distance from something really special at the club. I think we have hit some real heights over the last few years( West Ham heights :D ). Record number of Away wins, Wembley appearance, 10th place Prem finish, club record in the season of clean sheets, Manager & striker double award of the MOTM & POTM & memorable wins over the big clubs & Sp*rs.

I think the 10th place finish first season back, raised the bar very high straight away. That's why we want so much now, we feel we should be pushing the Top 8/Top 6 right now.SuGo have stoked the fire by saying stupid things in the media to raise our expectations 'Why wouldn't West Ham sign a £25m player' & talking about 'pushing the big teams for Champions League spots'( we are many, many years from that). We seem to air all our business in the public domain & through the tabloids, which is not a good thing. Other clubs get on with the job, fly under the radar & sign players. All our player links & bids are known by the media. Why?

We come across as a bunch of amateurs, Newbies running a football club. Still done a lot of good for the club & but we need to become more professional as a football club behind the scenes.( No more twitter, columns in the paper talking about the inside goings on at the club). Even the appointment of Bilic was comical. Everyone in football knows he wasn't West Ham's 1st or even 2nd choice & added to that didn't Sullivan or some paper allegedly say that Bili has a 'no compensation' clause in his contract if we go down? Why?How, should anyone know that apart from Bilic & the Board. It looks muggy & tells the world we are not that confident in Bilic. Do any of us know the inside or out details of the other 19 Premiership Managers contracts? Nope, so why do people know our Managers contract details?

I want them to change their ways.

Stick.
Last edited by Cardiff here we come..... on Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
knock-knock

Post by knock-knock »

Chavs started a thread yesterday which is exactly how I felt last night, we had a shot at the Europa league group stages which is what every club strives to achieve and we threw it away...

Now we know it's about the money and being in the PL when we go to the OS... We also learnt yesterday what a deal they have secured at the OS... I have always had doubt about these two but given they invested in us when we needed it and steadied the ship it always seemed like a mutual benefit. It isn't... It's about them making as much money as possible, it's a disgrace to field a team like last night in a must win game, we aren't a club about football any more, were about the money.

G&S won't be able to help themselves with a press release today stating "we MUST be a premier league clubs at the OS"

Rubbish... Serves them right if we go down, farce.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

That's the rub isn't it.

They can't claim to be fans if they do things like this.
Strawbz15

Post by Strawbz15 »

IMO...

Gold & Sullivan pulled us out of the sh*t and gave us solidity. They got Big Sam in who got us promoted first season. We then finished in very respectable positions in the league spending £15mil on Carroll and also picking up gems like Sakho, Kouyate & Adrian.

They have us moving to a fantastic new stadium that will be absolutely immense, I am sad to see us leave the Boleyn but just like every club that is looking to grow and generate mor revenue the move is essential.

They then get rid of Sam because it's what the fans want, they bring in an ex-player who the fans adore and has a decent record. He brings in a massive fans favourite in Dicks and spend almost 30million with still three quaters of August to go.

We qualify for the Europa by fairplay, which let's be frank - They didn't want, we can't really cope with the Thursday/Sunday especially with a new manager, finding his way in the Premiership and signing the players he feels he needs to ultimately keep WH in the Premiership moving to the OS.

Yes at times i get frustrated at the owners, yes i got frustrated at Sam and i'm sure i'll get frustrated at Slav but ultimately they all want whats best for the club. Just like everyone of us.

The only reason I would want to see them leave is if someone with substancial backing came in and guarenteed the funds to spend.

Let's not forget last year when Hull qualified for Europe. Where are they now?
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

[quote="Strawbz15"]IMO...

Gold & Sullivan pulled us out of the sh*t and gave us solidity. They got Big Sam in who got us promoted first season. We then finished in very respectable positions in the league spending £15mil on Carroll and also picking up gems like Sakho, Kouyate & Adrian.

They have us moving to a fantastic new stadium that will be absolutely immense, I am sad to see us leave the Boleyn but just like every club that is looking to grow and generate mor revenue the move is essential.

They then get rid of Sam because it's what the fans want, they bring in an ex-player who the fans adore and has a decent record. He brings in a massive fans favourite in Dicks and spend almost 30million with still three quaters of August to go.

We qualify for the Europa by fairplay, which let's be frank - They didn't want, we can't really cope with the Thursday/Sunday especially with a new manager, finding his way in the Premiership and signing the players he feels he needs to ultimately keep WH in the Premiership moving to the OS.

Yes at times i get frustrated at the owners, yes i got frustrated at Sam and i'm sure i'll get frustrated at Slav but ultimately they all want whats best for the club. Just like everyone of us.

The only reason I would want to see them leave is if someone with substancial backing came in and guarenteed the funds to spend.

Let's not forget last year when Hull qualified for Europe. Where are they now?[/quote]

Hmmm.... That's a point ? :think:
Simply Moore

Post by Simply Moore »

Strawbz15 wrote:IMO...

Let's not forget last year when Hull qualified for Europe. Where are they now?
This post is far too sensible for this thread. Hang your head in shame young man IN SHAME!!!
Cardiff here we come.....
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Cardiff here we come..... »

Strawbz15 wrote:
Good post Strawbz. :thup:

Don't agree with what you said above. It looks more & more that Allardyce was 'hung out to dry' & was the boards scapegoat ( Portrayed brilliantly as Mr Anti West Ham). The Board used him for cover & failed to invest any ££££ when we were hovering around the Top 8 in the January window. That was why last season was a failure. But SuGo saved £25m in that transfer window by not spending.

Tbh I wish Bilic well & the best in the job. But f**king hell fans 'adore him' ? He gave the club one season & threatened to go on strike if he didn't get his move to Everton.
Last edited by Cardiff here we come..... on Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

Strawbz15 wrote:We qualify for the Europa by fairplay, which let's be frank - They didn't want
We were INVITED to play in Europe because of winning Fair Play. An invite they were happy to accept. If they didn't want it, they shouldn't have accepted it. They could have and should have refused

That is what I am finding such a bitter pill to swallow. It's not like we got there through the league and had no choice. We actually had a choice and chose to enter.

I'm sure whoever took our place would have made a better fist of it and not slung it away, so by accepting the invite then going about it half-arsed, not only have they disappointed a large section of fans, they have also denied another club the chance to compete, another club that would in all likelihood have taken it seriously.